Lamar Baseball 2024

10 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

LU and UIW at noon Wednesday. McNeese and Northwestern kick off tournament at 9.   This group of 4 is Lamar's side of the bracket. 

We are 7-2 against our side of the bracket including 3-0 against UIW. We are 7-5 against the other side of the bracket.

Not sure who I would rather play if we make it to the championship game BUT likewise glad we are not opening against Southeast LA on their home field.

8 hours ago, snakehead26 said:

We are 7-2 against our side of the bracket including 3-0 against UIW. We are 7-5 against the other side of the bracket.

Not sure who I would rather play if we make it to the championship game BUT likewise glad we are not opening against Southeast LA on their home field.

Good information. 

I simply want 3 things. The other side of the bracket to go it's full allotment of games.  Anybody but Nicholls (their offense and pitching compliment each other the best from that side of the bracket IMO) coming out of the other side.  Lastly, Lamar ease through 3 games on their side. Too greedy???

Well, first of all we need to congratulate Lamar on a very fine season. They had at least 41 wins and a conference championship

The first time that has happened in a long time

I was hoping they would make it to the regionals this season, but is now very unlikely coming from the losers bracket.  I hope it happens in the near future, but again a phenomenal season

4 games to go counting the championship game if they can reach the finals.  It's HOT and Skinner (catcher) started cramping in the 7th or 8th.  Will be interesting to see if he is behind the plate for both tomorrow if they can keep winning.  

These tournaments can be odd when you can potentially play 6 games in 4 days after never playing more than 5 in a 7 day period during the season.  Go Birds. 

Truly do like the 2 site 4 team set up before a best of 3 series the following week for the 2 winners. Glad to see the conference return to that format. 

7 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

4 games to go counting the championship game if they can reach the finals.  It's HOT and Skinner (catcher) started cramping in the 7th or 8th.  Will be interesting to see if he is behind the plate for both tomorrow if they can keep winning.  

These tournaments can be odd when you can potentially play 6 games in 4 days after never playing more than 5 in a 7 day period during the season.  Go Birds. 

Truly do like the 2 site 4 team set up before a best of 3 series the following week for the 2 winners. Glad to see the conference return to that format. 

Are they going back to that format? When? 

It is a better format in that it rewards the two highest seeds during the season with home field advantage during the first week and then the top remaining seed gets it for the championship game.

This year SE LA is the team with the biggest benefit because the entire tournament was scheduled for their home diamond.

12 hours ago, snakehead26 said:

Are they going back to that format? When? 

It is a better format in that it rewards the two highest seeds during the season with home field advantage during the first week and then the top remaining seed gets it for the championship game.

This year SE LA is the team with the biggest benefit because the entire tournament was scheduled for their home diamond.

To my understanding, yes they are.