Kevin Angelle- 13th

2006 MLB Draft Local Picks

1. Kevin Angelle...Picked In The 13th round...Texas Rangers

2. Tyler Reeves...Picked in the 4th round.......Chicago White Sox LCM Alumni

3. Brandon Belt...Picked 11th Round .............Boston red Sox

4. Casey Beck/Woodville......Atlanta Braves

5. Lamar/Nederland Grad Will Delage...Cleveland Indians

6. Lamar Steve Macfarland Picked in the 9th round...Pittsburg Pirates

7. Chad beck from Woodville..AZ Diamonbacks/ Lamar's Michael Ambort...Picked in round 18 by the Oakland A's

Guest bleed orange

Angelle, if he was smart he would go to college. Jeff Granger did! Get that degree, They can't take that away from you.

Hey I say got to aggieland. If that were my kid, that is where I would encourage him to go in this situation. Not many kids get a scholarship to a D-1 school. I could not pass it up, one never knows how long they will play ball, gotta plan for the future in my book. I agree with ya bleed on this one...........................But all of this is my opinion of course.

First, congratulations to Kevin on being drafted (and to all the other kids as well). It is an honor for any Major League club to stand up and say "we want him". Of all the HS seniors, JUCO freshmen, JUCO sophs, college juniors and college seniors -- Kevin was in the Top 400 in the world. Not bad in anybody's book.

Second, this will most likely be a 'draft and follow' situation for him. He'll go to San Jac and the Rangers can negotiate with him up until 48 hours (I believe) before next year's draft. If no luck, he would be eligible to re-enter the draft anew.

As far as him going to Texas A&M vs. San Jac -- that's a personal decision for him and his family. What I might do (or anyone else might do) really doesn't matter. I could fill up pages on this board with my opinion on that subject but, again, it really doesn't matter. It is Kevin (and Connie and Lee's) call. I am sure the family is comfortable with their decision and now they'll just play their cards (no pun intended, BC fans) as they fall. I just hope they have been getting (or start getting) some good advice on these issues.

Lastly, go get 'em today. Big game for Kevin and all the BC faithful.

First, congratulations to Kevin on being drafted (and to all the other kids as well). It is an honor for any Major League club to stand up and say "we want him". Of all the HS seniors, JUCO freshmen, JUCO sophs, college juniors and college seniors -- Kevin was in the Top 400 in the world. Not bad in anybody's book.

Second, this will most likely be a 'draft and follow' situation for him. He'll go to San Jac and the Rangers can negotiate with him up until 48 hours (I believe) before next year's draft. If no luck, he would be eligible to re-enter the draft anew.

As far as him going to Texas A&M vs. San Jac -- that's a personal decision for him and his family. What I might do (or anyone else might do) really doesn't matter. I could fill up pages on this board with my opinion on that subject but, again, it really doesn't matter. It is Kevin (and Connie and Lee's) call. I am sure the family is comfortable with their decision and now they'll just play their cards (no pun intended, BC fans) as they fall. I just hope they have been getting (or start getting) some good advice on these issues.

Lastly, go get 'em today. Big game for Kevin and all the BC faithful.

Well I understand you trying to be the voice of REASON.......or trying to explain to me or us that it ISNT our decision. .............However,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this was my opinion, just like the one posted above is yours......Money aint everything buddy............its good to be drafted.........but as most know who have someone close to them or that they know who plays pro ball as a pitcher or any postion for that matter..........THE ride is often too short........gotta have a game plan for life ,not just for a few years..................A college degree never hurt anyone.........ya can't argue with that.

Guest axemjacks

Huffman's Jamie Bagley goes to the Chicago Cubs in the 25th.

He will draft and follow--playing for San Jac next season.

Congratulations to every one of these players!

bigred75,

I was setting here thinking and thought of this little scenario.

Say you were approached directly out of high school by CDI Engineering because they knew you were interested in becoming an engineer they offered you a signing bonus of lets say 1 million dollars because they knew you were very good at math. Would you tell them no thanks I am going to A&M on a scholarship to be an engineer I will call you when I get my degree. The first semester passes and you don't do very well so you try your second semester on academic probation still do not make the grade. Now you are out of school and no money to fall back on. What would have been the correct choice?

I was setting here thinking and thought of this little scenario.

Don't hurt yourself now, thinking can be dangerous.

To each his own...........I say go to school, you might not agree but hey, that is what is great about america you can disagree.................and still be uneducated.........but thats ok.

Don't hurt yourself now' date=' thinking can be dangerous.

To each his own...........I say go to school, you might not agree but hey, that is what is great about america you can disagree.................and still be uneducated.........but thats ok.[/quote']

Hey bigred75, I agree with ALLSPORTSGUY's post about money, it is what makes the world go around. Also is your post about Kevin or Yourself not getting an education. :D I'm sure Kevin has already went through all of his options with his parents, and I'm sure he will make a great choice whatever he decides :!: Not sure about all of the rules, but if Kevin goes to A&M he's not eligible for the draft for three years or until he turns 21 yrs. old ( ALSO SOMETHING FOR HIM TO THINK ABOUT ) :!: I think we should all get along, and support whatever decision Kevin makes for his future. :D

Knowing from personal experience, draft and follow is not the way to go. players that are drafted and followed can not talk to any other scouts or teams throughout their next year. if he doesn't sign with texas before next years draft, most teams have their draft board set close to two weeks before the draft. he could slip further down. i am for taking the deal this year are going to school with the ability to sign in 2007 with anyone.

I like devildogs idea better than any others OTHER than mine. But I I have my education thats why I know the value of one......................They don't give out degrees' last time I checked.............and you can't buy one at wal-mart. This is nothing personal with him or his family. Whatever he decides good for him, like I said if it were me I might take A&M, which isn't a bad option.

Guest bleed orange

Hey guy's Big red never said anything about what the Angelle kid decides. He was only stating like I was, go get your education. What ever the angelle kid decide to do is great with me and big red Im sure also. He and his family are the only ones that can make that decision. I am happy for them either way. There are two sides to both stories. Nobody knows how the story will unfold. All big red did was give an opinion and I share his opinion also. Money runs out sometimes a good education will last forever. This is really not a suject to get all fired up about.

Guest bleed orange

"Walk-off" you said "he is an honor grad is that smart enough", I was not questioning the kids IQ. I don't know were you got that from.

First, Big Red 75 -- I was very careful not to express my opinion about what Kevin Angelle (or anyone else) should do. For that reason, it was your opinion...but most certainly not mine. I do have an opinion but I have not expressed it here (or, publicly, anywhere else). I just don't think its my place. I know that particular family well enough to express whatever opinion they may ask for ... and nothing more.

First, Big Red 75 -- I was very careful not to express my opinion about what Kevin Angelle (or anyone else) should do. For that reason, it was your opinion...but most certainly not mine. I do have an opinion but I have not expressed it here (or, publicly, anywhere else). I just don't think its my place. I know that particular family well enough to express whatever opinion they may ask for ... and nothing more.

Oh my gosh we have a SAINT in the house.................................So I guess your comment earlier was not an opinion?????? And one more thing.....this is the place for opinions...........ITS CALLED A MESSAGE BOARD....................................Lighten up there sparky.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder