Silsbee 100 Lumberton 49/FINAL

43 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Thru 9 district games, Silsbee is averaging 96 points per game and giving up 54. Averaging 42 point wins in district play.

They are also on a 36 district game win streak. Have not lost a district game since February 2 2021.

Correct me if I am wrong but that last district loss was to Lumberton right? 

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yep. Covid season. Silsbee had just came out of Covid restrictions (whole varsity team had to sit for two weeks, no practice. Silsbee JV had to play two varsity games)

That is the only way a Lumberton team would be able to beat Silsbee. Instead of forfeiting games due to covid freshman and sophomore’s played up. Dang Covid. 

Silsbee's gonna need about 4 or 5 kids that's currently on JV to step up next year. I'm fairly confident in about 2 or 3 of them being able to do that, namely Adams and Cartwright.

The 8th graders have been looking pretty good towards the end of this season. Wasn't impressed with them early on, but it looks like there's some hope there now.

3 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Graduation will hit the Tigers hard.  Next year's district season will be more interesting.  

district is waaaaaaay down, though.  The games might be a little closer, but a fraction of the team Silsbee is fielding this year could easily win this district, and will next year as well unless something crazy happens.  That said, the playoffs will get interesting earlier than usual for the tigers. 

14 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I miss when the district had 2 or 3 ranked teams.

I miss those years where it was HJ/Silsbee fighting it out for district every year and then competing to make it to state.  HJ has obviously dropped off some in the last 10 years or so, and Silsbee has gotten even better, but the whole landscape of 4A basketball is skewed due to all the houston teams in our region, combined with having to face the dallas teams if you make it to state.  

Silsbee will have 3-4 star players back next year. Jones, Johnson and Rice for sure. Boulwen and Shoulders will be good as well. That will be your starting five. Gaines will be a good player off the bench. The rest will have to come from the JV.

Of course, there's always the transfer portal. lol

This district landscape could change in the realignment tomorrow, We will see.