Orangefield 76 Warren 41/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Orangefield 76 Warren 41/FINAL
10 hours ago, CS. said:

Ghost went off.  Closing in on 1k points 

He is at 985 now after getting 29 last night. He'd like to cross at home rather than against EC in their place this Friday or Saturday depending on what UIL decides, but the game will determine what he has to do.  

27 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Why would this game be played Saturday?

Apparently EC has a swim meet on Friday and it went to a Superintendent Vote as to which day we will have to play. We all want the game on Friday night like it was originally scheduled. Our other kids have LD's games on Saturday and some of our players work the games as refs or keeping the books.

46 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Apparently EC has a swim meet on Friday and it went to a Superintendent Vote as to which day we will have to play. We all want the game on Friday night like it was originally scheduled. Our other kids have LD's games on Saturday and some of our players work the games as refs or keeping the books.

Just found out.

It's regional swim meet that a few of EC's players (a starter and two key reserves) qualified for. School thought the meet would be before school and not after. I completely understand why EC would like the game moved to Saturday.

I also understand why Orangefield would like to keep the game Friday.

For personal reasons I hope the game is moved to Saturday so I can attend after going to United/West Brook game that day. I was told the game would remain a night game if moved to Saturday.

40 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

BTW, EC approached OF about moving this game two weeks ago. So this was not a last minute thing.

Yes, its been ongoing and understandable for both sides on our end as well. We really thought we'd have heard a decision before now, but I guess situations like this have more red tape than what it may seem.

17 minutes ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

Since when did we get a swim team? Its crazy we are thinking about moving basketball games because of a swim meet. 

Man, I wondered that too, especially during the 2nd half of District Games. It is a Regional Swim Meet though, so I understand it being a different type of situation.

8 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just found out.

It's regional swim meet that a few of EC's players (a starter and two key reserves) qualified for. School thought the meet would be before school and not after. I completely understand why EC would like the game moved to Saturday.

I also understand why Orangefield would like to keep the game Friday.

For personal reasons I hope the game is moved to Saturday so I can attend after going to United/West Brook game that day. I was told the game would remain a night game if moved to Saturday.

OF @ EC Game is rescheduled for Saturday at 7:30 

3 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Is this for the season?

This is his Varsity Total. He had 401 as a freshman and the rest this year as a sophomore. He averaged a little less than 8 shot attempts per game last year, but now the ball is in his hands so he has been able to add to that count at a pretty good clip.