WOS Head Baseball Coach Leaving

Good luck to Coach Bean at PN-G. But I do hate to see that the WO-S baseball coaches job has become a revolving door since Ronnie Anderson retired.

Does anyone think they could convince Chuck Young (longtime BC coach who played for Anderson at West Orange High) could be talked into coming home?

i dont konw if it is true or not but ive heard that chad landry MIGHT be interested (hf head coach)

Although the thought of a lateral move, especially within the district, is somewhat earth shattering, it might not be that much of stretch for Coach Landry as he does have some ties to Orange. His late grandfather was a longtime resident of Orange and his father is a West Orange High graduate.

the program is in ok shape i would say they didnt make the playoffs but they have some seniors coming back that should help the team and then they will have some good jv players coming up so if they find a coach they may have somethin going it jus depends on the kids and most of them r playing summer league which is good so they can all play 2gether and the team has a game at 5:30 2morrow against lcm at wos and the players will mostly be on varsity with they exception of some and earl thomas, jacoby franks, seth thomas, and dominique rhodes

WOS is losing their 2 best players (and their 2 best pitchers) with little help on the way...not to mention their district expands to include some of the best 3A teams in the region. Its gonna be football and basketball for the Mustangs for a while....

There have been rumors of my return to WO-S, let me clear everything up. I have received several calls and e-mails from people about my return. I'll first tell you what I currently am doing and you can figure out for yourself why I will not be returning to coach at any school.

The company I work for, SSE Group, Inc., just finished a very successful MLB Draft where we had 8 Draft picks which included 5 SE Texas players. With last years First Round Draft pick Clay Buchholz, our first 2 Drafts were very successful. Besides the Baseball Agency we also run a Baseball Club, Big Timers Baseball Club, which fills my desire to still coach. We have teams out of SE Texas, Dallas, Houston and New Braunfels. Our SE Texas team includes players from PNG, Nederland, Silsbee, Beaumont Ozen, Beaumont Westbrook, Beaumont Central, Hardin-Jefferson, Bridge City and Beaumont Kelly.

With all that said, I will not be returning to WO-S. I wish nothing but the best for the players of WO-S, they are a great group of kids and WO-S was a great place to work and coach. Thanks for your support and if any of you need anything or want to talk baseball, feel free to pm me and I will give you my number and we can talk baseball anytime.

Stephen Westbrook

There have been rumors of my return to WO-S' date=' let me clear everything up. I have received several calls and e-mails from people about my return. I'll first tell you what I currently am doing and you can figure out for yourself why I will not be returning to coach at any school.

The company I work for, SSE Group, Inc., just finished a very successful MLB Draft where we had 8 Draft picks which included 5 SE Texas players. With last years First Round Draft pick Clay Buchholz, our first 2 Drafts were very successful. Besides the Baseball Agency we also run a Baseball Club, Big Timers Baseball Club, which fills my desire to still coach. We have teams out of SE Texas, Dallas, Houston and New Braunfels. Our SE Texas team includes players from PNG, Nederland, Silsbee, Beaumont Ozen, Beaumont Westbrook, Beaumont Central, Hardin-Jefferson, Bridge City and Beaumont Kelly.

With all that said, I will not be returning to WO-S. I wish nothing but the best for the players of WO-S, they are a great group of kids and WO-S was a great place to work and coach. Thanks for your support and if any of you need anything or want to talk baseball, feel free to pm me and I will give you my number and we can talk baseball anytime.

Stephen Westbrook[/quote']

Thank goodness dog..........I am so glad you stopped that rumor!

Need an assistant?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder