*YMBL TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD*/Post updates, scores here

On 11/30/2023 at 12:39 PM, Unbelievableee said:

who is "y'all" ? Im stating facts. Im not a Silsbee guy. $a and 6a schools shouldnt even be allowed to play each other. But they do and a lot of times actually win the games. That is crazy. BMT has over 2,000 kids to choose from in each school lmao Silsbee has like what, 800? 

Silsbee has NEVER shied away from bigger schools.  409, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas.  And more often than not, held their own and won more than a few.  Iron sharpens iron.  I wouldn’t be comfortable telling Joe Sigler how to put together his schedules.  His results have spoken for themselves.  It may not be for everyone, but I think it would be a bit foolish to say it hasn’t been a successful formula for Silsbee. 

On 11/30/2023 at 9:30 PM, RealTalkRob said:

To tell you the truth, they did call alot of fouls against the Tigers. 

To tell you the truth, the Tigers tend to foul a lot.  It’s just part of how they play.  Some games they get by with more than others.  I prefer refs let more go, especially some “fouls” but Silsbee should almost always have more fouls than their opponents.  

There was a time when Silsbee would schedule softer teams before district. They'd play Kelly, Beaumont Legacy, East Chambers, Kirbyville, etc. Think they even played Hardin one year. They did make state a year or two during that era, but never won anything. They also went home a little too early for my taste a few times.

I'd prefer it if they challenge themselves before district, even if they bite off more than they can chew sometimes.

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

There was a time when Silsbee would schedule softer teams before district. They'd play Kelly, Beaumont Legacy, East Chambers, Kirbyville, etc. Think they even played Hardin one year. They did make state a year or two during that era, but never won anything. They also went home a little too early for my taste a few times.

I'd prefer it if they challenge themselves before district, even if they bite off more than they can chew sometimes.

Yeah I remember one year around 2009 or so Silsbee played in the Nederland Tournament and almost beat Galveston Ball with Mike Evans and another D1 kid Pettaway.  Same year I think they played in the Woodville Tournament and won every game by 40 plus. 

18 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Yeah I remember one year around 2009 or so Silsbee played in the Nederland Tournament and almost beat Galveston Ball with Mike Evans and another D1 kid Pettaway.  Same year I think they played in the Woodville Tournament and won every game by 40 plus. 

Hands down the best tournament Nederland ever was that year…