Westbrook Bruins QB's

PINETREE

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

The only 3 that come to mind that could've maybe taken snaps as QB1 as a freshman are Brown, Bernard and older Ambres. I only remember seeing em as sophs though. 

James Brown was a special talent. The other guys mentioned were solid also, but Brown had some magic play making abilities throwing & running the ball.

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

James Brown was a special talent. The other guys mentioned were solid also, but Brown had some magic play making abilities throwing & running the ball.

You obviously never witnessed what Ambres did on the field. Brown was a great HS & College QB, however Ambres was equally as Talented if not more, he chose MLB over Texas A&M football so we never got to see him in college...

3 hours ago, ozens fastest@1906 said:

You obviously never witnessed what Ambres did on the field. Brown was a great HS & College QB, however Ambres was equally as Talented if not more, he chose MLB over Texas A&M football so we never got to see him in college...

Seen them all play many times. Ambres was very, very good HS QB. I would take Mr. Brown as my QB1 at the high school level out of the 2, tho.

3 hours ago, thaferrett said:

Bryce was added to the roster and played CB.  I only seen him out there on the sidelines. This is a lttle different as this kid looks he will start in a reg season game at QB.

3 hours ago, TheOutsider said:

But he did play in playoff games & state championship as a freshman. Idk anything about the kid this year, must be a dog though.

He was only played to appease

shouldnt have been out there.

as far the qb this year I know nothing about.  What happen to the other qbs….injury?

Will he be the qb for remainder of year

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

He was only played to appease

shouldnt have been out there.

as far the qb this year I know nothing about.  What happen to the other qbs….injury?

Will he be the qb for remainder of year

Starting QB is out and he was the starting JV QB and in most cases they are the backup to the Varsity QB

1 minute ago, thaferrett said:

Starting QB is out and he was the starting JV QB and in most cases they are the backup to the Varsity QB

Oh ok. All the years I was there varsity had a back up qb and jv had 2 qbs and freshman had 2 qbs.

of course some qbs would jump other qbs based on talent and knowledge.

well he s about to get his feet wet even if it is United.  Hope he has at least a decent game.

12 hours ago, thaferrett said:

Only sophs have played varsity at WB period at any position. This will be a first. He almost beat NS JV a few weeks ago.  Dual threar kid who be highly recruited in a few yrs.

Add Michael Feacher to that freshman list. He made his varsity debut against NS in 2020. Also played in the playoffs with that 2020 team. Been on varsity every since. Bryce Anderson started that wave. Very well deserving of it as well. This qb is talented. Ive seen his games and the kid has a bright future.