Snapshot Numbers

oldman

Just now, Rez Ipsa said:

I hope not. I’d rather have FBM than Splendora and Lee. 

I take your point regarding the level of competition, but I also recognize that the last few years’ worth of travel has taken its toll on the kids, their families, the fans and the district.

In this scenario, I imagine we’d have to keep Texas City. Nederland and Dayton would still be solid competition. Keep playing Memorial and WO-S in the preseason, and replace United with Silsbee, Jasper or Lumberton. That would be a solid schedule.

28 minutes ago, AshlyHasBeen said:

Splendora is still a haul. Around 1:40 or more from Mid-County depending on traffic.

True but I got there pretty quick the other day taking ih 10 then jumped on 99 got off right there at New Caney then a short drive north… Not sure on time wise but felt like Hour 20… that Texas city 146 or 45 both are nightmares traffic jams.. that makes the trip a lot longer imo

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That would put them in 4A unless they opt up.

So where does Marshall come out in all of this? Splendora and Baytown Lee are both posting 5ADII numbers. Willowridge is posting 4ADI numbers. I'm skeptical any of those schools opt up (correct me if I'm wrong). Wouldn't Marshall make more sense in the district with Brenham, Richmond Randle, Lamar Consolidated and the Magnolia teams? Maybe Rudder makes more sense with the Austin- or Bastrop-area districts?

6 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

So where does Marshall come out in all of this? Splendora and Baytown Lee are both posting 5ADII numbers. Willowridge is posting 4ADI numbers. I'm skeptical any of those schools opt up (correct me if I'm wrong). Wouldn't Marshall make more sense in the district with Brenham, Richmond Randle, Lamar Consolidated and the Magnolia teams? Maybe Rudder makes more sense with the Austin- or Bastrop-area districts?

With GCM moving up to 6A, I agree that Goose Creek ISD will allow Lee to play where their enrollment puts them. Splendora is a no brainer in not opting up. They just moved to 5A DII.

Now not sure what FB ISD wants to do with their schools. They may want them connected in some way or the other but I think they will let Willowridge drop. I agree, I don't see Marshall in the district with PN-G and Nederland.

20 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Don't forget kempner

On 11/3/2023 at 3:29 PM, PN-G bamatex said:

Magnolia teams should be 6A based on the numbers they submitted.

On 11/3/2023 at 3:40 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

With GCM moving up to 6A, I agree that Goose Creek ISD will allow Lee to play where their enrollment puts them. Splendora is a no brainer in not opting up. They just moved to 5A DII.

Now not sure what FB ISD wants to do with their schools. They may want them connected in some way or the other but I think they will let Willowridge drop. I agree, I don't see Marshall in the district with PN-G and Nederland.

They are opening high school #12 !!  next year.

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I was thinking the same thing.. best case scenario for traveling purposes.. which will make some fun district for all the other sports as well… 

It would be good for FBM, TC and Santa Fe too as far as traveling if they moved back to a district closer to Houston.

7 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

If the 5A D1/D2 split number goes down, and the bottom number goes down, do you think the top 5A number goes down too? 

it depends on 6A and how many teams the UIL wants in each division.   I think they try to keep them as even as possible in total numbers per division but it doesn't always work that way with teams opting up or down.  If they are trying to setup to possibly split 6A into div1&2 next time around, they might move the top number down this realignment to get some more teams into 6A

2 hours ago, Bigdog said:

it depends on 6A and how many teams the UIL wants in each division.   I think they try to keep them as even as possible in total numbers per division but it doesn't always work that way with teams opting up or down.  If they are trying to setup to possibly split 6A into div1&2 next time around, they might move the top number down this realignment to get some more teams into 6A

I think that 6A split does happen next to around, but also 7A coming into play happens too imo 

• 2 weeks later...