Barbers Hill (70) @ Goose Creek Memorial (0) - FINAL

jdawg03

15 minutes ago, wbfan said:

Remind me again why Baytown has a 3rd HS?

People had the opportunity to do right by the kids (athletically and academically) and vote for a unified HS, but preferred to settle for participation awards instead of real competition. Until Baytown corrects that mistake, results like this will be the norm. 

4 minutes ago, THS99 said:

People had the opportunity to do right by the kids (athletically and academically) and vote for a unified HS, but preferred to settle for participation awards instead of real competition. Until Baytown corrects that mistake, results like this will be the norm. 

Absolutely spot on.

9 hours ago, THS99 said:

All three high schools have enough enrollment to be 5A D1. Without having someone to put a successful program together, even combining all three and having athletic kids all over field, they still have to know how to play the game. Aside from Lee high school in some years, I do not see any of the three teams having any idea how to play football. Even with athletic kids on the field, I see undisciplined, out of position, terrible technique, unprepared, weaker strength wise as well as selfish players. That will not change just by combining high schools. You have to have a commitment to bringing school spirit, excitement and a love for the game. They would start at much lower grade levels and spread into the community. 
just my opinion and I don’t think I’m that far off. This starts at the school board and superintendent level. No reason for Baytown to not have  at least one playoff winning team every season.