Lumberton 24 LaMarque Updates 21 Talk it up

KFDM COOP

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats go out to L'town.  Way to go.  We know first hand how rude, crude and obtuse LM can be....We've been there, seen that.  So glad to hear that ya'll overcame.  We also know about the poorly officiated games that just seem like you are not having to just play each other, but the refs too. 

Good luck in the next round!!!!

Well . . . that gets YOU some Karma AND another big hug when I see ya'.  Can't be there for Waller (have a daughter getting married) -  hope that doesn't get the L-Train mojo out of balance!   

What.......you can't talk your daughter in to waiting an extra day or two?!?!?  LOL, w/o even knowing who you are I say congrats to you and your family and I think the L-Train will do its best to be around the next week so you can watch us again.

Some programs and players expect to win, even in a down season. Even though LaMarque isn't what they were last year - and certainly not the powerhouse of the 90s - that standard is still there. Despite the things you might think are wrong with their style, you should respect what they built there.

I don't see how calling out players for being emotional is in any way "classy." In fact, it's downright trashy. Do you not expect the Raider players to be down when this ride ends? You should be ashamed of yourself.

I'm not trying to bring this back up but just wanted to explain a little further.

There were many LM players on knees probably crying that got up after a little while and congratulated Lumberton.  There were about 5 players maybe more that threw helmets on the ground....laid out beating the ground....walked away from the coaches when the coaches went out there and refused to congratulate the Lumberton people....that is a clear cut lack of class and does not belong in High School football....like I said earlier...if I was their coach those few would be painting the bleachers in puke come Monday...

Some of the same few were the ones who were taking cheap shots and putting knees in players back after tackles....same ones who would kick the ball before the refs could pick it up....same ones who had just about every personal foul called on them.....

While it isn't that LM as a whole showed a lack of class a few players did which caused Lumberton fans(I think) to take it as a lack of class in the whole school....

Now the Mascot was just sick and would have been censored by the FCC had this been broadcasted on air channels

Guest beards_bro

Some programs and players expect to win, even in a down season. Even though LaMarque isn't what they were last year - and certainly not the powerhouse of the 90s - that standard is still there. Despite the things you might think are wrong with their style, you should respect what they built there.

I don't see how calling out players for being emotional is in any way "classy." In fact, it's downright trashy. Do you not expect the Raider players to be down when this ride ends? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Maybe you should be ashamed of yourself for making a ridiculous statement like that. We should "respect" what they built there? Were you even at the game last nite? I doubt it, because if you were then I don't think you would have much respect for their program anymore after last nite. You mean respect the way that they taunted our players, fans, cheerleaders, & mascot before and during the game, or their constant bad sportsmanship throughout the game such as late hits & talking trash. How about their mascot before the game mocking our mascot behind his/her back and then making obscene perverted gestures toward our cheerleaders. Now, that's "downright trashy", don't you think WOS92? You expect us to respect what they stand for and what they've built. If they would have behaved in that manner toward your team and school how would you have felt toward them? Would you have cared if they were whining and crying like a bunch of little babies after the game? They deserved to lose in my opinion for the way they acted...they had it coming for being so arrogant & cocky...bad karma. I also can't believe that their coaching staff and school administration would allow them to conduct themselves in the manner that they did. That tells you a lot about their program and "what they've built". Why we can all respect their athletic ability and the success they have had on the football field over the last decade or so, it is very hard to respect everything else that they stand for. So WOS92, forgive us raider fans if we don't feel sorry for their "emotional" players after their devastating defeat from our boys....Like I said, they had it coming & they brought it all upon themselves...it's Karma baby Karma!

I've said for a week that i hope lumberton proved me wrong.  Congrats guys, you've earned this win!  Take care of business next week so we can see the dayton/lumberton rematch that everyone is hoping for.

Congrats!  I give props where props are due.  I was one of the many who didn't give the L-Train a chance.  The Cinderella season continues and I just love it that LaMarque gets beat.  It would have been sweeter with Dayton blowing them out but I'll take it.  As I said once before the game still has to be played.  As far as the sportsmanship goes, yeah LaMarque ALWAYS has a handfull of players that just act completely and totally like idiots, which make the rest of the players and team look bad along with their fans.  The mascot should be dismissed from the squad and along with the cheerleader coordinator either reprimanded or dismissed as well, that kind of behavior is completely and totally not acceptable (Lumberton get UIL involved!).  For such a dynasty you'd think things like this wouldn' happen.  I'm sure the repulsive Houston Chronicle will find some way to write a two page article about them even though they've been eliminated.  L-Train you better have your ducks in a row the next couple of weeks.  TC beat LaMarque and Dayton made TC look like Smiley, scary.  Good Luck and hope to see a rematch in two weeks.

Congrats!  I give props where props are due.  I was one of the many who didn't give the L-Train a chance.  The Cinderella season continues and I just love it that LaMarque gets beat.  It would have been sweeter with Dayton blowing them out but I'll take it.  As I said once before the game still has to be played.  As far as the sportsmanship goes, yeah LaMarque ALWAYS has a handfull of players that just act completely and totally like idiots, which make the rest of the players and team look bad along with their fans.  The mascot should be dismissed from the squad and along with the cheerleader coordinator either reprimanded or dismissed as well, that kind of behavior is completely and totally not acceptable (Lumberton get UIL involved!).  For such a dynasty you'd think things like this wouldn' happen.  I'm sure the repulsive Houston Chronicle will find some way to write a two page article about them even though they've been eliminated.  L-Train you better have your ducks in a row the next couple of weeks.  TC beat LaMarque and Dayton made TC look like Smiley, scary.  Good Luck and hope to see a rematch in two weeks.

Pfft, I've been saying it for years.  The only thing missing from Lamarque's halftime performance is a shiny metal pole on the 50 yard line.

It's raunchy and they know it.  For that matter, everybody knows it. 

Ok, I waited til after the game was over and done with, but obviously, they won't give a rip... their administrators must not have much couth either.

***MODS: Before you censor me or ban me, please understand that this was sent by LaMarque's # 45 to MY SON, via MySpace. My son did NOT reply or make any comments toward this individual, whatsoever.

Mail Center

Read Mail

Bright Idea: [start your Own MySpace Group. Signup Now.]

<~{{(((Ââ„¢..

Block User

myspace.com/hurdlekinggriff

Date:

Nov 19, 2007 8:12 PM

Flag as Spam or Report Abuse [ ? ] 

Subject:

LAMARQUE

Body:

I HOPE YA'LL READY 4 DIS A S S BEATIN YA'LL NIGGA'S ABOUT 2 RECIEVE U C DIS MIGHT B YA'LL FIRST TIME N THA 2ND ROUND BUT WE BEN THERE AND DONE DAT AND WE GO DO IT AGAIN ALL OVA YA'LL A S S B I T C H #45 I KNO U C ME ON FILM SO KEEP WATCHIN CUZ PRETTY SOON U GOIN 2 C ME

I'm quite certain that if Coach Credeur caught ANY of our boys pulling this kind of cr@p, they'd be outta there in a New York minute!

You just can't respect someone who has no respect for themselves.

Guest beards_bro

Pfft, I've been saying it for years.  The only thing missing from Lamarque's halftime performance is a shiny metal pole on the 50 yard line.

LOL! That's funny, but very true. I think they forget that this is just High School football and that there are children at the games watching or they just don't care. I hope the Lumberton administration gets involved with the UIL to end this garbage....especially the antics that LM's mascot pulled.

Guest beards_bro

LOL! That's funny, but very true. I think they forget that this is just High School football and that there are children at the games watching or they just don't care. I hope the Lumberton administration gets involved with the UIL to end this garbage....especially the antics that LM's mascot pulled.

Maybe you should be ashamed of yourself for making a ridiculous statement like that. We should "respect" what they built there? Were you even at the game last nite? I doubt it, because if you were then I don't think you would have much respect for their program anymore after last nite. You mean respect the way that they taunted our players, fans, cheerleaders, & mascot before and during the game, or their constant bad sportsmanship throughout the game such as late hits & talking trash. How about their mascot before the game mocking our mascot behind his/her back and then making obscene perverted gestures toward our cheerleaders. Now, that's "downright trashy", don't you think WOS92? You expect us to respect what they stand for and what they've built. If they would have behaved in that manner toward your team and school how would you have felt toward them? Would you have cared if they were whining and crying like a bunch of little babies after the game? They deserved to lose in my opinion for the way they acted...they had it coming for being so arrogant & cocky...bad karma. I also can't believe that their coaching staff and school administration would allow them to conduct themselves in the manner that they did. That tells you a lot about their program and "what they've built". Why we can all respect their athletic ability and the success they have had on the football field over the last decade or so, it is very hard to respect everything else that they stand for. So WOS92, forgive us raider fans if we don't feel sorry for their "emotional" players after their devastating defeat from our boys....Like I said, they had it coming & they brought it all upon themselves...it's Karma baby Karma!

Why should I be ashamed? I don't think I've crossed any lines. Yeah, it sounds like LaMarque acted in a trashy way. Good job stooping to their level.

DJ, if players were beating the ground and throwing helmets, then I agree it's acting like a baby. But none of that was pointed out. He merely mocked them for "laying on the field crying." I realize not everyone is capable of communicating well, but that's how misunderstandings happen.

As far as the halftime show, that's already been an issue with the UIL for quite a while. It's not just LaMarque, but a lot of Houston-area (and other) teams. From all indications, it has been toned down (yes, believe me, it has), but won't go away. Go to the concession stand.

Why should I be ashamed? I don't think I've crossed any lines. Yeah, it sounds like LaMarque acted in a trashy way. Good job stooping to their level.

DJ, if players were beating the ground and throwing helmets, then I agree it's acting like a baby. But none of that was pointed out. He merely mocked them for "laying on the field crying." I realize not everyone is capable of communicating well, but that's how misunderstandings happen.

As far as the halftime show, that's already been an issue with the UIL for quite a while. It's not just LaMarque, but a lot of Houston-area (and other) teams. From all indications, it has been toned down (yes, believe me, it has), but won't go away. Go to the concession stand.

Yep.  As soon as that disgrace of a half-time show started I headed for the toilet.  Show looked a lot better from there.  Got back just in time to see Lumberton.

Ok, I waited til after the game was over and done with, but obviously, they won't give a rip... their administrators must not have much couth either.

***MODS: Before you censor me or ban me, please understand that this was sent by LaMarque's # 45 to MY SON, via MySpace. My son did NOT reply or make any comments toward this individual, whatsoever.

I'm quite certain that if Coach Credeur caught ANY of our boys pulling this kind of cr@p, they'd be outta there in a New York minute!

You just can't respect someone who has no respect for themselves.

I think I woud fwd this to LMs superintendant.  I wouldnt play around with it.

Yea I know what your saying....if we just called a team trashy and all these words for solely losing and showing emotions that would be out of line but in this case I really think anything short of 9000+ letters to LM's school board as well as the UIL is not enough for the way this happened....more so for the mascots actions then the unsportmanship.....sportmanship is something that is taught and players will learn it and live it or will never have it and these few players never had it....and for that reason I think it is safe to say these players had no class....

As for the coaches on LM's side....I thought they acted fine...they tried to go pick up all these players that were down and make them shake hands.... but you can't force anyone to do something that they don't want to do....coaches finally gave up and went to shake hands.... I think a stint in boot camp is about the only thing that could get these few students in line....for LM's sake I hope they were seniors and graduating and that it is made clear to future players that this is not tolerable

WO-s is that you running at the mouth again! I stated clearly that they acted foolishly .....maybe not in that post above but another as you kept trying to defend LM's actions.  Like I said, if that was my child, as a parent; would have snatched his ass up.  And YES, my friend, I'm capable of snatching mine up or YOU!  OR is that how your's acts because of a loss? OR or you a child yourself? Probably the latter! 

Two completely different programs in every sense of the word! Different playing styles, different band and celebration types, and in this case and sad to say, one team eat up with class and one with no class whatsoever. And yes, I was there.  Someone said ealier that it was not the LM coaches fault for the poor sportsmanship and the actions of the LM players, BULL, the coaches must not have the players respect.  I give all the credit to the actions of the Raider players to Lumberton coaching staff.  I tell you staight up, if Lumberton falls short of the mark they have set for themselves, there will be be no helmet throwing and every player will hang around to shake hands.  Go get em Raiders!!! You're a classy bunch with loads of heart!!!

WO-s is that you running at the mouth again! I stated clearly that they acted foolishly .....maybe not in that post above but another as you kept trying to defend LM's actions.  Like I said, if that was my child, as a parent; would have snatched his butt up.  And YES, my friend, I'm capable of snatching mine up or YOU!  OR is that how your's acts because of a loss? OR or you a child yourself? Probably the latter! 

Hmmm. I thought I made it pretty clear that I was unaware how much of a "fit" they threw because you were unable to communicate the specifics. Then I agreed that it was uncalled for and melodramatic and classless. Is that clearer? I'm glad you're able to "snatch yours up." Don't bother trying it with me. I'm quite happily married and not a fan of public displays of affection. It would be awkward. I'm far from a child, and mine is too young to even know the difference between a win and a loss. But thanks for trying to drag my toddler child into a discussion about football. Careful about the line you're about to cross. It appears that, though you tout your age-earned wisdom, you weren't parented very well yourself. If this is how you talk to people, then maybe you should take a few lessons in how to act like a grown up.