Lessons Unlearned - Trump Calling For Lower Interest Rates.. AGAIN

DonTheCon2024

Same guy who hammered the fed into a zero interest rate policy which was a significant driver to the asset bubble and major inflation we have going on now.. but it doesn’t matter, because his passionate supporters are mouthbreathing MORONS who barely passed middle school algebra. 

This is the hidden content, please

Former President Donald Trump complained that interest rates are too high and indicated that if he gets another term in office, he might pressure Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell to loosen monetary policy.

In an interview set to air Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Trump also hinted that he would at least consider removing 

…. 

Indeed, the Fed began cutting rates in 2019, ultimately taking its benchmark borrowing rate down to near-zero 

in March 2020.

Trump’s criticism of the Fed came even though 

, who was confirmed in 2018
 to succeed Janet Yellen, who went on to become Treasury secretary under President Joe Biden.

18 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Lowering the interest rates too much at this point would simply be a "feel good" boost. Might hurt in the long run unless done slowly and thoughtfully.

You’re spot on. The trick here is to lower rates, and then blame next guy in office when it comes time to pay the bill 

His passionate supporters fell for it last time, and they will again. They are not smart people 

1 hour ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

You’re spot on. The trick here is to lower rates, and then blame next guy in office when it comes time to pay the bill 

His passionate supporters fell for it last time, and they will again. They are not smart people 

To be fair, it’s not Trump. It’s all people who are trying to get votes. No different for Democrats, Republicans, Independents, etc. 

Politicians (synonymous with liar, cheat, scum) will tell us whatever’s advantageous to getting our vote. Pick your poison. Like I’ve said before, I’m going to choose the lesser of two evils in my opinion and vote Republican as I have for years.

On 9/15/2023 at 2:19 PM, DonTheCon2024 said:

Same guy who hammered the fed into a zero interest rate policy which was a significant driver to the asset bubble and major inflation we have going on now.. but it doesn’t matter, because his passionate supporters are mouthbreathing MORONS who barely passed middle school algebra. 

Former President Donald Trump complained that interest rates are too high and indicated that if he gets another term in office, he might pressure Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell to loosen monetary policy.

In an interview set to air Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Trump also hinted that he would at least consider removing 

…. 

Indeed, the Fed began cutting rates in 2019, ultimately taking its benchmark borrowing rate down to near-zero 

in March 2020.

Trump’s criticism of the Fed came even though 

, who was confirmed in 2018
 to succeed Janet Yellen, who went on to become Treasury secretary under President Joe Biden.

I'm a mouth breathing moron college professor!  Go me!!!