Liberty (9) @ Coldspring-Oakhurst (36) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 hour ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

After Week 1 I have the district standings as follows:

1. Woodville 

2. Coldspring 

3. Westwood 

4. Shepherd/Diboll

The rest of the teams won't be any good this season unless they play spoilers for someone trying to make it to the playoffs.

I understand that it’s only week 1, but Diboll in the 4th slot? 

26 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Not the same team as last season.

Pretty sure Diboll is still going to be a tough team in district. Might be some close match-ups between the top 4 teams in this district. I like my eagles chances of going undefeated in district and winning the outright DC but I think there's a chance everyone could have at least one loss 

39 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Pretty sure Diboll is still going to be a tough team in district. Might be some close match-ups between the top 4 teams in this district. I like my eagles chances of going undefeated in district and winning the outright DC but I think there's a chance everyone could have at least one loss 

Just like last year almost where everyone almost lost to different teams in the district.

31 minutes ago, ballwatch said:

They’re not the same team but I assure you they’re not fighting for 4th seed, they’re in the mix for the DC.

I'm going off from a personal source that lives in the area plus the game vs. Madisonville as well.  It just doesn't seem that they will be in that DC conservation this season however a playoff position is not out of the question.

3 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Not exactly.  Last year's game was almost a blowout as well but a lot of hiccups by Coldspring in the second half allowed Liberty to sneak back into the game although the Trojans still managed to win 27-21.  Running the Slot-T this year instead of the Trojan 2 back gun gives our RBs different types of running room especially since both of our RBs are very tall and big.  Plus having a good big O-line helps as the is the biggest O-line we've had in years.  You will see a better example of this next week when we play Splendora.

I apologize, no disrespect to the Trojans. All that was meant by that statement was that if the Panthers got blown out by Coldspring, the district will be extremely rough: WOS, Jasper, Silsbee, HF, probably even BC.

Just now, buccaneers4lyfe said:

I apologize, no disrespect to the Trojans. All that was meant by that statement was that if the Panthers got blown out by Coldspring, the district will be extremely rough: WOS, Jasper, Silsbee, HF, probably even BC.

I knew what you meant. Liberty has their work cut out for them in their District.

1 hour ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I'm going off from a personal source that lives in the area plus the game vs. Madisonville as well.  It just doesn't seem that they will be in that DC conservation this season however a playoff position is not out of the question.

Madisonville is no slouch they went 3 deep last year in 4a-D2 and returned a good bit this year.  It’s game 1 and Diboll is known to start clicking at the right time.  It’ll be a competitive district race no doubt, gotta have the jacks in the DC conversation though.  

1 hour ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

No offense taken... I'm just saying Coldspring are a tad bit better than last season but I still think we're miles better than Liberty.  In fact 4 or maybe 5 of our teams in our district are better than them. 

44 minutes ago, ballwatch said:

Madisonville is no slouch they went 3 deep last year in 4a-D2 and returned a good bit this year.  It’s game 1 and Diboll is known to start clicking at the right time.  It’ll be a competitive district race no doubt, gotta have the jacks in the DC conversation though.  

Yea I know plus that game between them last year was much better and a little bit closer than last night.  The team I'm kind of worried about in the district is Palestine Westwood.  They're are my dark horse pick to win district if they can pull it all together come district.

32 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Yea I know plus that game between them last year was much better and a little bit closer than last night.  The team I'm kind of worried about in the district is Palestine Westwood.  They're are my dark horse pick to win district if they can pull it all together come district.

Madisonville skunked diboll last year 42-0, last night was definitely more competitive.  Was a defensive match last night with neither team able to get much going on offense.  I don’t think either team had over 200 yards total offense.  

as for Westwood will be interesting to see what they do this year ,  Diboll has had their way with them past few years 

I think DC will go to Diboll, Coldspring or Woodville.  I’d have to give the edge to woodville, but I know Coldspring always plays Diboll tough, seems like that game is always in Coldspring