Magnolia West (18) @ Barbers Hill (28) - FINAL

jdawg03

Yeah, when I was finally able to get onto Texan Live (grumble grumble), The Hill looked pretty good both offensively and defensively, but nearly fell completely apart in the last 4 or so minutes.  First game jitters I guess, but gotta keep focus.  Got a win to start to the season so I'll take it!  Go Eagles!!

Yeah the Eagles looked pretty good for a first game. 2 turnovers didn’t help, but they can clean that up. The lines looked good and the secondary did get burned some but tightened up through the game. QB picked up where he left off and I like the RB’s both ran hard and didn’t let up. Mag West played with a pair of QB’s and the 2nd one I thought was better, but lost his composure at the end. They also had a decent RB and wideout..all together a pretty good team that will only get better.

Very decent first game, but still lots to work on and clean up. Effort was good, execution will develop. All in all a good workout. That's the purpose right now.  

Our next opponent Montgomery lost to New Caney by 35 last year, but this week they lost to NC by 1, so I expect an improved Montgomery will be another good team to work against. 

3 hours ago, BHFAN said:

BH gained 358 yards last night 240 ish in the air and 112 ish on the ground. QB completed 81% of his passes and #4 RB gained 91 on the ground with 158 all purpose yards. However we gave up 388 yards .

Remember we have a starting LB out right now. They switched a DB that was having tough go of it. I liked the in game adjustments, BH going to make some noise this year.

55 minutes ago, alwaysright said:

Remember we have a starting LB out right now. They switched a DB that was having tough go of it. I liked the in game adjustments, BH going to make some noise this year.

Me too👍 we have struggled over the years with coaching that wouldn’t make that adjustment until the half. The starting LB is a stud hope he heals and can come back.