Has Been Sports Area Power Rankings

On 8/22/2023 at 5:30 PM, AshlyHasBeen said:

What teams would you put ahead of Bridge City at this time? It feels like you have some beef with BC for some reason lol. Buna is sitting with 7 losses. 5A PNG has 2 losses to 3A competition. Bridge City is in the very early stages of their schedule with one loss. So I'm really not understanding why a team with one loss in four sets (one being 29-27) is all of sudden not worthy of a top 5 rating for our corner of the state. 

Bridge City will face PNG in the Dayton Tournament, so we'll get a look at two of our local teams. 

Next week BC travels to Orlando, Florida for the KSA Tournament. 

Bridge City has now lost to PNG and Lumberton and took third place in the Silver bracket at Dayton Tournament. I hope you and Nick finally move PNG where they belong....the #2 spot.

3 hours ago, ExSportMom said:

Bridge City has now lost to PNG and Lumberton and took third place in the Silver bracket at Dayton Tournament. I hope you and Nick finally move PNG where they belong....the #2 spot.

But png has lost to buna twice 🤷🏽‍♂️ why do they deserve the #2 spot? Besides one loss to liberty bunas other losses have been to tough teams in a tough central heights tournament where they got second in the silver bracket. 

14 minutes ago, Hawks18 said:

But png has lost to buna twice 🤷🏽‍♂️ why do they deserve the #2 spot? Besides one loss to liberty bunas other losses have been to tough teams in a tough central heights tournament where they got second in the silver bracket. 

Now that PNG has played BC and won and got third place in the Gold Bracket in the Dayton Tourney they should at least be ranked Higher than BC. BC has been sitting at the #2 spot the last couple of weeks and has not earned their spot like others have. They have faced any good competition, until Baytown Sterling and teams in the Dayton Tourney.

25 minutes ago, ExSportMom said:

Now that PNG has played BC and won and got third place in the Gold Bracket in the Dayton Tourney they should at least be ranked Higher than BC. BC has been sitting at the #2 spot the last couple of weeks and has not earned their spot like others have. They have faced any good competition, until Baytown Sterling and teams in the Dayton Tourney.

I agree with that BC doesn’t need to be on the top 5 list and now that they have been exposed I don’t think they will be. 

48 minutes ago, ExSportMom said:

Do you think PNG will beat Huffman tonight? 

39 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

Do you think PNG will beat Huffman tonight? 

Idk… stranger things have happened.. Huffman isn’t as good as they usually are… my guess is whoever wins does it in 4 or 5 games. Playing Huffman close or beating them doesn’t mean as much as years past

1 minute ago, ExSportMom said:

I think they will go into 5 games.  It will be a good match.  Coach McDaniel is a dang good coach.  I think PNG does have a good chance in beating Huffman.  Wish i could go and watch.

I am curious why do you think Coach McDaniel is a dang good coach. There was some at Nederland that were not upset that she left.  I am wondering in your opinion what makes her a great coach?  Pretty sure she inherited a JV and freshman team that went undefeated last year which I assume most of those girls have moved up to varsity? 

2 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

I am curious why do you think Coach McDaniel is a dang good coach. There was some at Nederland that were not upset that she left.  I am wondering in your opinion what makes her a great coach?  Pretty sure she inherited a JV and freshman team that went undefeated last year which I assume most of those girls have moved up to varsity? 

Look what she has done thus far for the PNG program since taking over.  While in Nederland, last year they beat BH.  She pretty much has gone to the playoffs all her years there at Nederland.  I have not heard anything about people not being upset she left. She left for a better opportunity.

There are 8 returning PNG players and 6 of those are Seniors.  Those 6 players have been on Varsity since they were Freshman.  They had to play for Fruge and Box.  Pretty sure they are glad to have Coach McDaniel as their coach after what they did have.

44 minutes ago, ExSportMom said:

I think they will go into 5 games.  It will be a good match.  Coach McDaniel is a dang good coach.  I think PNG does have a good chance in beating Huffman.  Wish i could go and watch.

PNG wins 1 set max but I’m betting it’s over in 3 

39 minutes ago, ExSportMom said:

Look what she has done thus far for the PNG program since taking over.  While in Nederland, last year they beat BH.  She pretty much has gone to the playoffs all her years there at Nederland.  I have not heard anything about people not being upset she left. She left for a better opportunity.

There are 8 returning PNG players and 6 of those are Seniors.  Those 6 players have been on Varsity since they were Freshman.  They had to play for Fruge and Box.  Pretty sure they are glad to have Coach McDaniel as their coach after what they did have.

oh no not this again 🤣

7 minutes ago, kenny powers said:
48 minutes ago, ExSportMom said:

oh no not this again 🤣

What...you don't want to rehash Nederland's VB "Miracle on Ice"?