Jerry Springer - Dead at 79

Bobcat1

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I remember once there was people from Orange on the show. A couple years older than me and had graduated recently. Teacher let us watch during class. That was hilarious. 

RIP

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

My cousin's ex-wife/baby mama was on there with her new lesbian girlfriend about 25 years ago.  Good times.  

I was off duty and on the way home but in uniform (in my personal vehicle) about 10 years ago. I stopped a guy parked in a handicap parking spot at a pharmacy where I had stopped to pick up a prescription. He had no license plate or hang tag and admitted to not being handicapped. His wife was with him.

I hardly made any public contacts on traffic stop but that is maybe a pet peeve. Not unusual in this kind of a situation, he could’ve parked 10 feet away in a regular parking spot and half the parking lot was empty. 

Since I was off duty and did not have a ticket book, I contacted the dispatcher by walkie-talkie and asked for a patrol unit to check by with me. A lieutenant showed up (actually my lieutenant and I was one of his sergeants) since he was on the way home also but he had a take home patrol unit, so had his ticket book.

So the lieutenant agreed with the citation and begin writing it. As a routine, the guy was checked for warrants. Oops! He had a couple of traffic tickets that we that he had not paid and warrants for his arrest. So he started boohooing and his wife was crying.

Geez…. I know that you don’t want to go to jail but you have warrants so no option but it’s only for traffic citations.

What does this have to do with Jerry Springer?

All the crying was because they were supposed to catch a flight the next morning (in about 14 hours) to NYC to be on the Jerry Springer Show. I said just pay for the warrants. Nope… they had no money. These folks from the country (like a heavy east Texas accent) were about to miss their dream shot at NYC because the about 30 year old healthy guy didn’t want to walk 10 more feet.

I asked them why they were going to be on the show. The guy told me he was supposed to claim that he was having an affair with his wife’s sister and they were supposed to get in the big argument when he springs the information on his wife. Of course the sister-in-law would then walk on stage.

I asked him about being paid and he said they would get something like $500 but got to stay in New York City with all expenses paid for a couple of days.