Nederland vs. Orangefield/OF WINS

KFDM COOP

Guest bleed orange

A win is a win but it was a sloppy game. We did some good things offensively and defensively, but way to many turnovers. We have to minimize the turnovers especially against some of our district foes. That is what non district games are for. Hopefully we will correct this problem before district starts. Alot of it is the kids are trying to hard. We need to relax and play the basketball they know they can play.

Guest bleed orange

You will as long as you keep your little dribbler program going. I can see the benefits already. Little dribblers are the key. Good luck the rest of the season.

Guest bleed orange

What's funny is Orangefield had their little dribblers program before the Ancelot Era, and the results were much different.  I am not saying that LD's doesn't help, but there is a lot more to winning than little league anything.

Actually our little dribbler program has been around since before Ancelot graduated from high school. Longtime girls coach Bill Tennison had a very successful career at Orangefield. We maynot have went to the playoff's as many times but we had winning seasons just about every year. There were a few down years but for the most part the girls program has been pretty solid for a long time and yes little dribblers has had an affect on our basketball program. I realize you have to have some talent also. Next time you are in our gym there is a wall of all the teams from the Tennison and Ancelot era. Go check it out, then you will know what I am talking about. Now we did have a few coaches after Tennison and before Ancelot that were not very good.

Guest KirbyKat

I was coaching at Orangefield when the little dribblers program was started. No doubt it has had a positive affect on both the boy's and girls programs. But, it cannot do it alone. Orangefield has in recent years outstanding junior high and high school coaches. As far as the Nederland program, Coach Smith is doing a great job. The program is on the verge of turning the corner. Playing teams the caliber of Orangefield, Silsbee, HJ and Memorial will only make them ready for district. I wish both OHS and NHS the best for the district season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw