Any Interest in a Board Member Fishing Tournament?

Guest Jody

Guest Jody

Thought it might be fun to have a fishing tournament for board members. We could individually submit our picture and fish weight to one of the site members (maybe Koop) and they can keep a running tally on who is in first, 2nd, etc.... We could also tie a school name we support to our name so we are not only individually reconized, but offer a little school competition as well.

Any interest? If so I'll get with Koop to set dates and rules.

Possibe Divisions

Freshwater

Large Mouth Bass

Striper

Catfish

Crappie

Hybrid White-Bass

Gar (for those in Orange - J/K) :D

Gasper-Goo

Others?????

Saltwater

Speckled Trout

Redfish

Flounder

Golden Croaker

Drum

Sheephead

Red Snapper

Ling

Shark

Grouper

Tuna (blackfin or yellowfin)

Triple-Tail

Durado "Dolphin"

Others?????

Guest Jody

Sounds good!!

OK' date=' to keep it simple, here are the fish categories and rules. If you need a clarification on a rule, please post your question here and I will answer it in the open forum. There is NO entry fee, so no excuses for not entering.

[b']Saltwater In-Shore

Speckled Trout

Redfish

Flounder

Saltwater Off-Shore

Snapper (any species)

Kingfish

Billfish (any species)

Freshwater

Large Mouth Bass (spotted, kentucky, florida, native, etc)

Catfish (any species)

Crappie (any species)

Open Class

This fish can be of any species either salt or fresh. The largest fish in weight wins. As an example, this might be a gar, shark, tuna, etc.

Rules:

1. All fish must be taken by legal means, in legal waters, and by rod-n-reel ONLY.

2. All state and or local regulations must be followed.

3. All legal bodies of waters can be fished world-wide.

4. You must submit your entry to KFDM COOP via a private message. DO NOT post your own fish pictures or weights on the board. You MUST submit the following info when providing an entry into the fishing contest:

a. Fish category and species (ie: Fresh Water - Large Mouth Bass)

b. The weight of your fish in pounds. Less than 20 pounds must have ounces (example 10.12 pounds or 10 pounds and 12 ounces)

c. Your Board Name (ie. KFDM COOP)

d. The High School you support (i.e Barbers Hill or West Orange Stark)

e. Details about your catch.

f. You MUST submit a picture of you and your fish together.

5. Tournament runs from Saturday June 10th until 12 midnight on the day of the Texas 3-A division 2 state championship football game.

6. Winners of each division will be posted on the board after the tournament ends.

7. The fish exact weight must remain confidential until the tournament ends, or the entry will be voided.

8. KFDM COOP will resolve any issues regarding ties or tournament results and will have final say.

Guest Jody

Someone tell me how to post a pic & I'm in. :D

Pictures are to be submitted to KFDM COOP with the information listed in the rules. He may let you just email it to him.

Guest Jody

ok...I think I'll start Saturday!!!! :thumbsup

Good luck. I hear the Big trout are biting on Heards Reef in East Trinty Bay near Smith Point. I'll waity for your pictures to arrive come Sunday..... :D

Guest Jody

Not me baby! I'll be out of the country! As in OFFSHORE! I located some nice snapper last weekend and the dolphin should be HOT too! I'll let ya now how it goes.

Got some frinds who were fishing rock piles in about 200 to 220 feet of water and had 5 limits of snapper, none less than 10lbs. They also had 4 very nice ling and a huge 100lb Wahoo.

I am headed out week after next to try and find a few bill fish and more eaters (snapper, ling, etc).

200 FEET????? Man, they were either 160 miles out of Sabine, or, they went out of Freeport or something. Man. we live on the absolute WORST place in the country as far as good, deep water is concerned. That's o.k. though, cuz this weekend, we gonna SLAUGHTER the dolphin. With the light winds all week, the weed-lines are gonna be thick and I'm gonna be right in the middle of it!!!!! '''fa

200 FEET????? Man' date=' they were either 160 miles out of Sabine, or, they went out of Freeport or something. Man. we live on the absolute WORST place in the country as far as good, deep water is concerned. That's o.k. though, cuz this weekend, we gonna SLAUGHTER the dolphin. With the light winds all week, the weed-lines are gonna be thick and I'm gonna be right in the middle of it!!!!! '''fa[/quote']

I am headed out next weekend on a fishing & diving combo. I have afriend (yes I have a few friends) who has a 47ft Striker Sports Fisherman and he has a bug to go tear up the fish. Might try to catch one of those monster Wahoo and as always some BIG ling.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin