*STATE TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD*/Post updates here

1 hour ago, Mballler#1 said:

I was reading in the Dallas morning news that there was heat on them being in 4a it was mentioned that they were going to be put in 5a during the next realignment.

5A?  Lets see. 

Here's the list of school districts that comprise the geographic area from which kids can come from together with the high school enrollment.

Avalon ISD    403
Cedar Hill ISD    2276
Dallas ISD    40092
DeSoto ISD    3102
Duncanville ISD    4468
Ennis ISD    1718
Ferris ISD    1746
Grand Prairie ISD    8883
Italy ISD    195
Lancaster ISD    2193
Maypearl ISD    377
Midlothian ISD    3107
Milford ISD    74
Palmer ISD    349
Red Oak ISD    1960
Waxahachie ISD    3041

The combined enrollment of these is 73894 kids. Since any of this kids can choose to apply, for all intents and purposes this is the enrollment of Oak Cliff Faith Family High School. 

We'll be very very generous and say that the average enrollment of a 6A school is 4000.  So, by straight ratio, that means the Faith Family should be considered a 111A school.  If we're going to be fair about it that is.

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree. Strake petitioned to play UIL and were told they had to play 6A even though they have a 4A-5A enrollment.

Faith Family should be required to do the same.

With the Jesuits schools they have two rules to even the playing field:

1. Because they are only male schools their enrollment is doubled (not automatically 6A)

2. They are given the same attendance zone as the nearest high school. Meaning if a kid transfers in beginning with 9th grade and up if they don’t live in that zone they must sit out a year similar to all transfers. They attend in middle school they are eligible as freshmen. 

I am guessing Faith Family has to follow the second rule as well. Not making an excuse or agreeing just informing. Charter Schools are a confusing situation as they are public schools meaning UIL has to take them. The issue is transfers becoming so common. Look at Duncanville in the same area for boys and girls. 

I do remember a few years ago when charter schools first entered UIL El Paso had a 1A with a 7 footer at state. Now the rules state that school would have been 4A so there is change that is slowly trying to fix these problems. 

I realize I am just an arm chair coach, but…I think BTW should have gone straight at FF by pounding it in against their big guy.  It might have worked.  It could have back fired also.  It is a better strategy than starting the game pressing and shooting long balls.  

Get big dude for FF in trouble then work on Toppin.  Too late for all that now though.