Silsbee's Jared Harris

1 minute ago, BEARCPA said:

I assume he’s referring to NIL deals 

Oh ok… that’s a lot of money… I could see it possibly happening if he gets to the top 15-20 recruit range . I think he is #58 in his class currently. But I feel 500-800k is probably a little steep currently.

6 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Oh ok… that’s a lot of money… I could see it possibly happening if he gets to the top 15-20 recruit range . I think he is #58 in his class currently. But I feel 500-800k is probably a little steep currently.

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That's what the scholarship is worth.

When Kalon Barnes signed with Baylor, his scholarship was $700,000.

That’s on top of the scholarship.  Have two kids that signed with Kansas and will be in the freshman class next fall.  Both are top 100 and one is ranked lower in his class (in the 70s or 80s depending on the service) than Harris.  I’m pretty familiar with the state of NiL money in Lawrence.  So make that scholarship worth 1.2 to 1.5 million.  That’s assuming Jared gets what the going rate is.  On the other hand, some that are around him let’s just say might be a little suspect and might have their hand out too (NOT his family).  So I’m speculating in that regard. 

And I believe next year is when all 13 UNC scholarship players will have a base of $1M per year.  You can bet the Kentucky’s and Kansas’ of the world won’t be far behind.  So it could be worth closer to $2M (with the actual scholarship) if he plays his cards right. 

2 minutes ago, no-look said:

Has Texas offered?   

Yes.  Ironically, he got most of his offers after playing with Silsbee in Duncanville last summer.  In this day and age, to have the amount of offers he has is almost unheard of not playing with a sneaker team.  NCAA setting that up last year gave him an enormous amount of steam. Texas and many others offered after watching the Tigers play a few high level opponents in D’ville.  He deserves every bit of it. Kid can absolutely go. 

4 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I'd go ahead and sign on the dotted line 😂😂😂. Congratulations Jared!  Go beat Furr and Booker T Washington! 

It will all be there.  If you can get a couple blue bloods fighting each other, hell he might be able to retire after college!

But yes - let’s just worry about Furr for now.