Silsbee???

Palestine got tons of easy buckets just chunking it down the court and laying it up... especially early.  SIlsbee took alot of mid range jumpshots and couldnt hit alot of them, which compounded the easy buckets at the other end.  They also had alot of turnovers on long crosscourt passes that turned into layups.

Was a good night for Palestine and a bad night for silsbee...   Their guard size seemed to give Silsbee problems as well. 

Palestine has played ultiple stretches this year without their best 2 at different times.  They should have won their district easily... in my opinion

3 hours ago, hjhawks said:

Palestine got tons of easy buckets just chunking it down the court and laying it up... especially early.  SIlsbee took alot of mid range jumpshots and couldnt hit alot of them, which compounded the easy buckets at the other end.  They also had alot of turnovers on long crosscourt passes that turned into layups.

Was a good night for Palestine and a bad night for silsbee...   Their guard size seemed to give Silsbee problems as well. 

Palestine has played ultiple stretches this year without their best 2 at different times.  They should have won their district easily... in my opinion

Nobody was getting back for Silsbee?  

• 2 months later...
On 2/19/2023 at 6:52 PM, Tigers94 said:

Clearly the better team won. I was wondering if Palestine was missing kids in some of their losses. 

I guess we were spared a HJ beatdown this year. 

Gonna be adding a generational level talent to a pretty good team next year. Maybe then we'll be ready for a deeper playoff run.

Ma’Ryiah is def a generational talent.   But word on the street is she is heading to HJ?  Any truth to that? 

• 2 months later...
On 2/19/2023 at 6:52 PM, Tigers94 said:

Clearly the better team won. I was wondering if Palestine was missing kids in some of their losses. 

I guess we were spared a HJ beatdown this year. 

Gonna be adding a generational level talent to a pretty good team next year. Maybe then we'll be ready for a deeper playoff run.

That generational talent is headed to West Brook unfortunately for Silsbee