Meanwhile on the Left Coast, officer investigated for reasonable use of force…

tvc184

In Texas and most states, this is probably not an issue, assuming the officers aren’t lying. I am also assuming there is plenty of car and body camera video. From what I read in a couple of different articles, apparently a guy was in a stolen car, the police chased him in a high-speed pursuit, they boxed him in and he rammed a couple of police cars to get away and as officers approached the car the suspect reached for a gun and that is when one officer used his shotgun! But he did not shoot the suspect. The officer hit him in the head with a shotgun in stock (butt stroke) to keep from shooting him.  A blow to the head is considered deadly force just like shooting someone. Oh yeah, the gun turned out to be fake. 

But after the guy commits at least a couple of felonies and then reaches for a gun and gets only hit and taken into custody without serious injuries, it would seem like case closed. Job well done. Under that scenario I think an officer could’ve easily shot and killed the suspect and it would’ve been justified.

Now….

If the police administration is just going through the steps to make sure the officers did not lie and did not try to cover up an illegal act and if this incident is as it seems, it should be a short investigation clearing the officer.

The news articles mentioned the homicide unit and the district attorney showing up to investigate the officer for deadly force. That is okay but hopefully they are not looking for a police sacrificial lamb to appear more woke. 

This is the hidden content, please

14 hours ago, tvc184 said:

but hopefully they are not looking for a police sacrificial lamb to appear more woke. 

Not looking good......

Ted Wheeler

Wheeler was elected in the 2016 Portland mayoral election and reelected in 2020. Formerly a registered Republican, he has since embraced progressive goals such as defunding police, reducing gun ownership, transition to 100% renewable energy, and “a racial justice reckoning”

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Every LEO in Oregon, or at least in the greater Portland area needs to simultaneously quit and vacate. Let that blue hellhole implode upon itself.   

Police all over have been quitting in similar places but most don’t want to give up their careers. They try to find a more suitable place that supports the police.

I had a friend who was a Missouri police officer and in a fairly quiet and conservative area. He moved to a mid-sized agency south of Houston. The officer said even though it was not bad where he was at in Missouri (and I was deputized there a week each year for 23 years so I know it’s not bad), it was noticeably better in Texas. He would sometimes go for his lunch break and when he went to pay, someone had already picked up the tab. I have had that happen many times. People would smile, wave, say hi, etc.