Lamar Baseball 2023

snakehead26

19 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Well the streak is over. The Cards have 2 nice wins over A&M and KState. Tonight an ugly loss to Penn. 3 hits with 2 of those in the 9th and a horrible 4 errors. I hope they can come back tomorrow and Sunday It appears that the Ivy League is better than the Southland

It's one game.  Have a drink or 10 and settle in.  40 plus games to go. 

39 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Well the streak is over. The Cards have 2 nice wins over A&M and KState. Tonight an ugly loss to Penn. 3 hits with 2 of those in the 9th and a horrible 4 errors. I hope they can come back tomorrow and Sunday It appears that the Ivy League is better than the Southland

hope you were not on the golden egg ticket package

Something some of you may find of interest. Lamar's 8 opponents that they have faced this season are a combined 22-54.  Two teams are winless (HCU & New Mexico St.) with 11 and 10 losses.  Also, Alcorn State has 1 win on the season against a D2 school and is sporting a 1-9 record.  

Without those teams the record of the others is 21-24 and Lamar hold a 6-2 record against the other squads.  

11 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Something some of you may find of interest. Lamar's 8 opponents that they have faced this season are a combined 22-54.  Two teams are winless (HCU & New Mexico St.) with 11 and 10 losses.  Also, Alcorn State has 1 win on the season against a D2 school and is sporting a 1-9 record.  

Without those teams the record of the others is 21-24 and Lamar hold a 6-2 record against the other squads.  

They're 2-0 against teams with winning records

Struggling with penn that came to Beaumont winless and I don’t think South Carolina is any better than A&M. Can’t continue to make errors along with poor pitching and hitting and win. Game #1 no hitting and 4 errors game #2 poor pitching and 2 errors  Just poor college baseball. Maybe they will get back on track today

2 hours ago, spidersal said:

Struggling with penn that came to Beaumont winless and I don’t think South Carolina is any better than A&M. Can’t continue to make errors along with poor pitching and hitting and win. Game #1 no hitting and 4 errors game #2 poor pitching and 2 errors  Just poor college baseball. Maybe they will get back on track today

Lots of ups and downs in baseball. Yes, there were a few bad plays here and there, but I wouldn't consider it poor baseball.  Penn was out scored by 5 runs in a 3 game series against an SEC squad thats ranked with a 10-1 overall record. Penn did hit the ball well yesterday, but it wasn't poor baseball by any stretch.  Penn is a quality baseball squad and although they may not hold the education quality of Harvard on the Neches the baseball squad would be a dominate team in the Southland year in and year out. 

First pitch today at 1.  Go birds!