College Football Playoff

PhatMack19

52 minutes ago, Eagle11 said:

I believe they are. The only value I see is the team and coaches getting the extra practice time. 

I agree, BUT and a strong BUT I would much rather watch a meaningless game around Christmas on a Monday-Friday during the day than anything else on the "idiot box."

Give me Tulsa vs. Western Michigan in front of 12,000 (reported) from a soccer stadium at noon on a Tuesday over normal day time television. 

4 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

I agree, BUT and a strong BUT I would much rather watch a meaningless game around Christmas on a Monday-Friday during the day than anything else on the "idiot box."

Give me Tulsa vs. Western Michigan in front of 12,000 (reported) from a soccer stadium at noon on a Tuesday over normal day time television. 

I’m with you.  I would rather watch a MAC game on Tuesday night.  Sports are the best form of reality tv.  

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I’m with you.  I would rather watch a MAC game on Tuesday night.  Sports are the best form of reality tv.  

Are you like me and dislike the first few weeks when the MAC is still in non-conference games and the Tuesday games have to wait a few weeks?

I wish some FCS conference would take the Wednesday night slot or some network produce an FCS game of the week on Wednesdays.

Give me sports!!!

That's one reason I am a baseball nut.  Months of games every night!  Sure you hoops fans like that as well. 

1 hour ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Are you like me and dislike the first few weeks when the MAC is still in non-conference games and the Tuesday games have to wait a few weeks?

I wish some FCS conference would take the Wednesday night slot or some network produce an FCS game of the week on Wednesdays.

Give me sports!!!

That's one reason I am a baseball nut.  Months of games every night!  Sure you hoops fans like that as well. 

Absolutely.  And you would be correct on the hoops.  Especially college.  I have loved it since I was a kid watching the Big East on ESPN when it was a fledgling network (Ewing, Mullin, etc.).  Now it is heaven for us junkies. 

On 1/10/2023 at 10:34 AM, Eagle11 said:

I believe they are. The only value I see is the team and coaches getting the extra practice time. 

They've become more meaningless now that star players sit out of them.  Look at Texas/Washington.  I think winning that game would've had some value for texas... Beat a top-10 team to finish the season 9-4, making a good jump from last year to this year even better.  That's gotta help with recruiting.  But then when your top two running backs, including arguably the best in the nation, both sit out the game, and your offense is handcuffed, and it kinda takes the luster and value from the game.  You didn't get the win that would've helped your recruiting, but you got the built in excuse as to why you lost, so it's basically like the game didn't happen.   I don't really like the state that college football is in right now with all of the easy transfers, NIL money, and kids sitting out.  Maybe the NIL contracts can contain a null clause if the player gets kicked from the team or voluntarily skips a game.  I'd also like to see some sort of uniform upper limit for NIL deals.  It may not be fair to the players worth more, but college sports is going to be absolutely ruined as the schools with boosters willing to front the most money start dominating the college landscape.

18 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Absolutely.  And you would be correct on the hoops.  Especially college.  I have loved it since I was a kid watching the Big East on ESPN when it was a fledgling network (Ewing, Mullin, etc.).  Now it is heaven for us junkies. 

No lies told!!