12 Turncoat Senate RINOs Join Democrats in Passing the Perverted “Respect for [HOMOSEXUAL] Marriage Act”!

Reagan

On 12/12/2022 at 7:22 AM, Boyz N Da Hood said:

Since this topic veered toward illegals I'll add this

I know some illegals, great ppl hard workers, pay taxes they have my respect....

The ones who come here illegal and are up to know good usually don't last long and get caught and deported etc... just my 2 cents 

Also another point, R's love illegals for the cheap labor, D's love them for votes... majority of folks who don't like them don't want to admit that they dislike them because they come here and do the labor lazy Americans don't want to do and slash the prices which is good for us who pay... call and get a quote for a roof job or construction etc and compare prices, let's not be dumbfounded.... again JMO don't go boohoo on me

That is absolutely false. They can be convicted of a crime and the federal government refuses deportation. 

12 hours ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

What's the percentage of your scenario?

And I'm assuming you agree with the rest of my post... cool

What percentage? I have no statistical data but was directly involved in many arrests. Illegal alien criminals are not deported as a rule. Committing a murder? Robbery or other violent crime such as sexual assault? Sure. Multiple DWI, assaults, thefts, etc? No. Illegal aliens lawfully arrested that are deported is probably less than 5% and probably way less. An arrest is not required for deportation but that is a quick way to be discovered by federal law enforcement. 

Prior to Obama taking office, it was simple. Local police have no authority to arrest anyone simply for being an illegal alien. If an arrest was made for a state crime however such as DWI, theft, trespassing, assault, etc. a call to an Immigration (now ICE) Special Agent could get an immediate immigration hold placed on the person. I had 3 area agents cell phone numbers if needed. It was rarely used but it was an option to notify Immigration of an arrest of an alien unlawfully in the country. That all ended. I was told that special agents (federal police officers) no longer had the authority to arrest or detain for processing from illegal aliens arrested on state level crimes. They told me that they had to call Washington DC to get permission to enforce the law and it had better be a serious crime. Illegal alien  criminals were no longer allowed to be detained even after a lawful arrest. The law says they can be but that isn’t reality. I believe currently even a criminal conviction in court will not result in automatic deportation. The law says it is a lawful deportation but it is a hollow law if not enforced.

If you really want to see data, check this site. Notice the number of appearances ordered to immigration court in 2009 and 2010 (when Obama took office) and now. If you don’t want to read a few paragraphs, at least look at the graph. That isn’t all aliens that  could have been given notices to appear but those who actually went through the process after Immigration was notified and then decided to act on it. Even that study notes that there is no need for a criminal conviction or even a criminal charge for deportation but it isn’t enforced even in most cases after a conviction.

This is the hidden content, please

If you wish to read this actual federal law you will see that even an attempt to enter the country after deportation is a felony and up to 2 years in prison.  How many times have we seen in the  news stories like, illegal alien who committed some violent crime has been deported a few times. Well each time that the person reentered it was a crime. While in federal custody for that felony reentry, instead of filing criminal charges, they get a ticket home. The mere fact that they are here is a felony and they are in federal custody. This isn’t some theoretical person that may be here (as you mention knowing some) unlawfully but people actually detained  by federal law enforcement. 

So your claim that if they are up to no good, they don’t last long, isn’t true.  Even if deported, they can come back (in itself a felony) and nothing is likely to be done. 

22 hours ago, tvc184 said:

What percentage? I have no statistical data but was directly involved in many arrests. Illegal alien criminals are not deported as a rule. Committing a murder? Robbery or other violent crime such as sexual assault? Sure. Multiple DWI, assaults, thefts, etc? No. Illegal aliens lawfully arrested that are deported is probably less than 5% and probably way less. An arrest is not required for deportation but that is a quick way to be discovered by federal law enforcement. 

Prior to Obama taking office, it was simple. Local police have no authority to arrest anyone simply for being an illegal alien. If an arrest was made for a state crime however such as DWI, theft, trespassing, assault, etc. a call to an Immigration (now ICE) Special Agent could get an immediate immigration hold placed on the person. I had 3 area agents cell phone numbers if needed. It was rarely used but it was an option to notify Immigration of an arrest of an alien unlawfully in the country. That all ended. I was told that special agents (federal police officers) no longer had the authority to arrest or detain for processing from illegal aliens arrested on state level crimes. They told me that they had to call Washington DC to get permission to enforce the law and it had better be a serious crime. Illegal alien  criminals were no longer allowed to be detained even after a lawful arrest. The law says they can be but that isn’t reality. I believe currently even a criminal conviction in court will not result in automatic deportation. The law says it is a lawful deportation but it is a hollow law if not enforced.

If you really want to see data, check this site. Notice the number of appearances ordered to immigration court in 2009 and 2010 (when Obama took office) and now. If you don’t want to read a few paragraphs, at least look at the graph. That isn’t all aliens that  could have been given notices to appear but those who actually went through the process after Immigration was notified and then decided to act on it. Even that study notes that there is no need for a criminal conviction or even a criminal charge for deportation but it isn’t enforced even in most cases after a conviction.

If you wish to read this actual federal law you will see that even an attempt to enter the country after deportation is a felony and up to 2 years in prison.  How many times have we seen in the  news stories like, illegal alien who committed some violent crime has been deported a few times. Well each time that the person reentered it was a crime. While in federal custody for that felony reentry, instead of filing criminal charges, they get a ticket home. The mere fact that they are here is a felony and they are in federal custody. This isn’t some theoretical person that may be here (as you mention knowing some) unlawfully but people actually detained  by federal law enforcement. 

So your claim that if they are up to no good, they don’t last long, isn’t true.  Even if deported, they can come back (in itself a felony) and nothing is likely to be done. 

That’s a lot for Rickie to read. 

• 2 weeks later...