JR. High Basketball scores.

Guest Orangeboy

BC AT St. Anne's

Not sure about 7th Grade B team. 

St Anne's 8th Grade B team beat BC (can't remember the score, but it was fairly close, within 10, if I remember correctly)

St Anne's 7th Grade A team beat BC (again, close game, not sure of the score)

St Anne's 8th Grade A team beat BC's A team 58 - 56.  It was an extremely close game. 

This loss is the 1st for this group of 8th graders in the 2 years they have played MS atheletics.  The loss was going to come at some point, but it is difficult to take with such poor officiating.  BC had 2 starters foul out, and St Anne's stayed in double bonus it seemed the enitre 2nd half, while BC never got into the bonus fouls. 

I don't know much at all about basketball, but I think the loss would have been easier if the BC team didn't feel they were playing against St Anne's and the officials.

St. Anne's has a great basketball team, it was a close game. 

It will be fun to watch these 2 teams face off again.  They are entered in a few of the same tournaments.

Best of luck to both teams.

Guest aschrapps

First of all the fact that people get on here and comment on JUNIOR HIGH BASKETBALL is slightly depressing. Let your kids worry about their games and stopping living through them, your not in junior high anymore sorry to tell you.

Second of all why dont we talk about the class of the Bridge City people in trashing the St. Anne's locker room after the game? Real nice sportsmanship there. Oh and to mention sportsmanship let's also talk about the Bridge city fans who used racial slurs in last years game against a St. Anne's players. You wonder where your kids get their examples from?

Third instead of complaining about the officials why not worry about the game. Sorry to tell you but basketball has become a game of getting to the basket and getting to the foul line. Therefore the more you drive to the basket, the more fouls you are likely to get, it's common sense. So maybe instead of complaining teach your kids to drive to the basket and maybe they will get a foul call as well. Sorry I know basketball in the 21st century might be a little new to you.

Fourth, its sad that you underscore the perfomances of St. Anne's players by getting on here and complaining about officiating. St. Anne's had a kid who nearly had a triple double in the game, no positive comments for him? Oh I forgot based on previous games giving him his due wouldn't come because he's not a white kid on the team.

You think your kids are the only one to have undefeated streaks? St. Anne's has been there and done that several times...just look at the banners that hang in their gym. No whining about officiating there. Plain and simple St. Anne's beat Bridge City, sorry I know its hard to wrap your brains around that one but it's the truth. So when they come to your tournament St. Anne's will be ready for whatever you throw at them and they will win with class and no excuses

I expect them to play with much more class than this post of yours. 

I NEVER degraded St. Anne's team, read the post again. 

I know many of the players and think they are great kids.  The St. Anne's coach is from BC.

As far as posting on Middle School athletics, athletes begin playing before High School, and it is fun to watch.  You clicked on this site too, or you wouldn't have posted here....think about it.

Read my original post.  You seem a little defensive.  The officials were not good, but bottom line is St. Anne's had more points when the buzzer sounded.  Congrats to them, as I said before, they are a good team.

Guest aschrapps

I never criticized the Bridge City team. I only mentioned facts.

You also said you didn't know much about basketball, so how can you evaluate the officiating?

The only reason I posted on here is because I think it's a little sad that you are taking away from St. Anne's win by complaining about the officials.

There was nothing classless about my post, I only mentioned facts.

mynameisbob (whoever you are, you keep changing your screen name) ~

You did criticize the BC team.  You said they had poor sportsmanship last year, and the BC fans used racial slurrs towards the St. Anne's players last year.  You were VERY sarcastic in your post.  The phrases you used were not factual in nature, they were sarcastic.

And, you are the one who mentioned racial comments more than once in your post.  I was at the game this year and last year and I honestly couldn't tell you anything racial, I look at the players numbers.  I also do not recall any racial comments made at all.

As far as not knowing basketball very well, I honestly don't know it as well as others.  However, I do know fouls when I see them, especially if the same thing was called a foul for one team and the other team does the same thing and it is NOT called a foul. 

As I have said, St. Anne's has a great team with many great players.  I know some of them personally.  My comment was about the officiating being weak, not the players.  If you would get the chip off your shoulder you could see the difference.

First of all the fact that people get on here and comment on JUNIOR HIGH BASKETBALL is slightly depressing. Let your kids worry about their games and stopping living through them, your not in junior high anymore sorry to tell you.

Second of all why dont we talk about the class of the Bridge City people in trashing the St. Anne's locker room after the game? Real nice sportsmanship there. Oh and to mention sportsmanship let's also talk about the Bridge city fans who used racial slurs in last years game against a St. Anne's players. You wonder where your kids get their examples from?

Third instead of complaining about the officials why not worry about the game. Sorry to tell you but basketball has become a game of getting to the basket and getting to the foul line. Therefore the more you drive to the basket, the more fouls you are likely to get, it's common sense. So maybe instead of complaining teach your kids to drive to the basket and maybe they will get a foul call as well. Sorry I know basketball in the 21st century might be a little new to you.

Fourth, its sad that you underscore the perfomances of St. Anne's players by getting on here and complaining about officiating. St. Anne's had a kid who nearly had a triple double in the game, no positive comments for him? Oh I forgot based on previous games giving him his due wouldn't come because he's not a white kid on the team.

You think your kids are the only one to have undefeated streaks? St. Anne's has been there and done that several times...just look at the banners that hang in their gym. No whining about officiating there. Plain and simple St. Anne's beat Bridge City, sorry I know its hard to wrap your brains around that one but it's the truth. So when they come to your tournament St. Anne's will be ready for whatever you throw at them and they will win with class and no excuses

Bull on That!!

GET A LIFE I WAS VERY SHOCKED TO SEE ALL THE LITTLE ST, ANNES PLAYERS YELLING BULL

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't see this game, but that really doesn't matter...the same thing happens in junior high gyms all across the state.  Good, bad or ugly, parents shouldn't be officiating their own kids games.  The problem with junior high games is that most of the referees used in these games are just beginning themselves.  They let these games get way out of hand and then it's too late to reel them back in. 

I have to agree with setxfn and I don't see anything out of line with his posts...junior high is where the competion begins, why not comment on it? 

Sometimes you play hard and still don't come away with the "W", but you feel good about yourself.  Sometimes you can leave the gym with the "W", but still not feel great about it. 

I can see which slipper fits here. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder