Week 2 could be DOOMS day for this area

I hope I'm wrong on this guys and I know you have to take one game at a time, but we are fans.  I was looking at the brackets for all classifications.  I might be wrong on a couple of games, but it's possible that all of the area teams will be done after week 2. 

5A-WB would get FB Clements

4A- Dayton, Lumberton, PNG get the powerful teams from LM, Dickinson, Texas City

3A- WOS gets Giddings again 

2A-EC gets Mart

These are just a few and I may have overlooked a couple of teams. I'm just throwing it out there for discussion. It appears to be very tough road for all, but hopefully somebody will make a deep run.  What's ya'lls comments?

Guest Wos Grad 2000

We were better than them last year. The Chaingang did their job on Fitzhenry and the Defense is even better than last year. Stupid mistakes and playcalling beat us last year and hopefully it won't this go around.

EC needs to stay focused on beating CC before they start worrying about potential second round opponents.

The Bucs haven't been successful against mart in past years but hopefully this year will be different. Like the old saying goes ... the sun don't shine on the same dog's a$$ every day.

We were better than them last year. The Chaingang did their job on Fitzhenry and the Defense is even better than last year. Stupid mistakes and playcalling beat us last year and hopefully it won't this go around.

Win/lose/Draw----  WOS is a better TEAM than they were last year.  If they do overcome the Giddings team, You will probably be the first loser to say it was luck.  Let the games be played out as they may.  It still amazes me how everything was going so bad for WOS and they are stilll 9-1.  Playcalling stinks so bad and they are 9-1.  It amazes me how these or this particular coach that you keep referring to supposedly stink so bad and you look up and they have beaten the 4A district champ again.  Ran through the district.  Kids keep playing hard-- Coaches do not listen to anyone.  You all are doing great.  I would love to meet this WOS Grad 2000.  I would put millions on it to say that he is one of those that did not play when he was in high school or he felt as if the coaches did not help him get a scholarship.  Maybe they knew you were not as good as you thought you were.  LET IT GO.

People seem to forget that we beat Giddings the first time and they won the second time.  We had a hurdle from LaMarque for years and finally overcame it in 2000.  I firmly believe our meeting with Giddings this year will be victorious for the Mustangs.

We have their number.Played poor last year and still hung with them.We play well this time...we go to round three.

Dayton and PNG will be a good game, it really amazes me how dayton stepped it up so fast. Dayton has a good team with quite a few athletes. I think the dayton game will be within a touchdown or fieldgoal, ofcourse in daytons favor...hopefully. PNG and Lumberton, i dont know much about them besides their history but i haven't seen them play this year. There both playing pretty good, but idk where to start b/c i haven't seen them this year.

Fitzhenry this, fitzhenry that.... if the stangs go in and play mistake free football, play at the level their capable of then we will see round 3. We should of won last yr i believe, but plays just didn't go our way and giddings rose to the occasion. But this all wont happen if we don't take care of coldspring........ time will tell, good luck ot all in 1st rd

EC needs to stay focused on beating CC before they start worrying about potential second round opponents.

The Bucs haven't been successful against mart in past years but hopefully this year will be different. Like the old saying goes ... the sun don't shine on the same dog's a$$ every day.

It's called Tradition....not getting lucky. We are focusing on this week's game vs Hamilton and that only.

Not been successful is quite the understatement when looking at the games played in the last 9 years.

Mart 49 East Chambers 0

Mart 58 East Chambers 20

Mart 49 East Chambers 12

Mart 41 East Chambers 7

Mart 49 East Chambers 21

Yeah maybe Giddings does just have fitzhenry but they have other weapons if they didnt they wouldnt have made it to the playoffs one guy can get a team to the playoffs every player on their team has to have the dedication and want, and it looks as if their players do so dont just try to stop him because i know from experience against EC if you try to stop one player the rest will run all over you

It's around Wacko (Waco)....

exMHS99 did Mart win State each of those years?

1998 Lost to Brookshire-Royal in the Semi's

1999 Beat Boyd in the State game

2000 Lost to Celina in the State game

2004 Lost to Pewitt in the Quarter's

2005 Lost to Pewitt in the Quarter's

2006 Beat Cisco in the State game

Didn't make the playoffs in 02 & 03

I hope I'm wrong on this guys and I know you have to take one game at a time, but we are fans.  I was looking at the brackets for all classifications.  I might be wrong on a couple of games, but it's possible that all of the area teams will be done after week 2. 

5A-WB would get FB Clements

4A- Dayton, Lumberton, PNG get the powerful teams from LM, Dickinson, Texas City

3A- WOS gets Giddings again 

2A-EC gets Mart

These are just a few and I may have overlooked a couple of teams. I'm just throwing it out there for discussion. It appears to be very tough road for all, but hopefully somebody will make a deep run.  What's ya'lls comments?

I think we might be looking too far ahead......all of SE Texas teams still have to win this week to be able to play next week!I'm not too familiar with the 4A opponents that might be seen in the second round, but I'm fairly sure that, if WB wins, they shouldn't have much problem beating FB Clements. I wont bet my next paycheck on it  or anything, but I have a feeling!

The 1A DII bracket seems a little harder in the first round than the 2nd and 3rd. If WH can get passed West Sabine, they should go another round or two. Then after that, you start looking at the North and West Texas teams, and it starts getting really TUFF. Those kids must chase jackrabbits through prickly pear patches during practice or somethin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder