Nederland vs. Barbers Hill/NEDERLAND WINS!!!

bulldog81

It was a decent game by the 'Dogs, Barbers hill wasn't big at all.

We were getting plenty of rebounds offensively and defensively, but our shots weren't falling through  :P

But Barbers Hill was trying to run the clock down and Nederland took over and Chris Hammond came through when we needed it most, Barbers Hill was left with 1.8 seconds left and Chris Hammond stole the ball after it being defelected.

When the Dogs find their touch again, they'll be dangerous, can't wait to watch them play more this year!  ;D

Good game 'dogs.  8)

Good luck the rest of the year.

It was a decent game by the 'Dogs, Barbers hill wasn't big at all.

We were getting plenty of rebounds offensively and defensively, but our shots weren't falling through  :P

But Barbers Hill was trying to run the clock down and Nederland took over and Chris Hammond came through when we needed it most, Barbers Hill was left with 1.8 seconds left and Chris Hammond stole the ball after it being defelected.

When the Dogs find their touch again, they'll be dangerous, can't wait to watch them play more this year!  ;D

Good game 'dogs.  8)

Good luck the rest of the year.

Thanks for the info bc we (Huffman) are heading your way in a couple of weeks. See you then and good luck.

Nederland had a starter, Josh Dean, on the bench due to injury as well.  You can't control who is hurt. 

The Dogs did a good job of finding a way to win when their normal sure shots and free throws weren't falling.  They had a dismal night at the line.  Would have been at least a ten point win without the missed free throws.  Just one of those nights.  >:(  The game showed some growth from last year and is a good starting point for this year.  A win is a win! ;) 

New floor and scoreboard looked good. 

Atmosphere in the dome was so much better than in the other gymn.

Dogs have some depth.  Freshman looked strong.  Defense kept the dogs alive on a night when their shots were off.  Hopefully it was first game jitters.  Not pretty but an ugly win is better than a pretty loss any day.

dean being hurt is not nearly the same as ybarra being out.

Didn't say they were. ???  I was only drawing attention to the fact both teams played without injured key players.  I don't know much about Ybarra.  I'm sure they each bring different things to their team.  Dean adds a stronger inside game to the dogs.  On a night when the outside shots aren't falling that inside presence is important.  Teams can't worry about who is hurt.  They have to play with who they have.  Both teams played hard and that made for a good game to watch.  I'd rather that be the focus rather than who didn't play.  BH will be tough with or without Ybarra.  They had several guys who could knock down the threes and there is no question they all played with intensity.  Add the coaching and both teams should be successful when district comes around.

nederland is a force to be beckoned with this year. dont get me wrong there no ozen, but they can compete in this district. lots of talent and expirenece. i think they will battle with LCM for the third spot, LCM is also loaded with expirenece, anyways back to nederland. hammond is legit. can make the big shot and is the leader of this squad. good luck to ned this year and hopefully yall can make some upsets and hit the postseason

Word is BH did not have their best player and Nederland only wins by a basket at home.  Interesting- maybe we should not jump on the Bulldog bandwagon so soon.

The Dogs had a bad night outside and gave up numerous easy inside buckets not to mention all the free throws that were missed and the Dogs were still able to win by 2 at home.  I hope the bandwagon slows down, I'm jumping on.  Go Dogs!!!!

Hammond jumper sparks Nederland

HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL

The Port Arthur News

MONT BELVIEU — Chris Hammond connected on a pull-up jumper with 1.8 seconds left as Nederland rallied from behind for a 45-43 victory over Barbers Hill on Tuesday night.

The Bulldogs (1-0) battled back in the second half from a 28-25 halftime deficit.

Jon Daniels of Barbers Hill led all scorers with 15 points while Francis Torres guided Nederland with 12 points.

The junior wingman, Hammond, converted the winning basket from about 15 feet away.

Nederland will return to action on Saturday night in Anahuac at 7:30 p.m.

PN-G boys 65, Bridge City 51

BRIDGE CITY — Three Indians finished in double figures and coach Pat Abel’s Port Neches-Groves team commanded an early lead in route to a victory over Bridge City.

The season opener for both teams turned one-sided in the opening quarter with PN-G (1-0) collecting an 18-5 advantage after one quarter. Bridge City (0-1) owned the upper side of the middle quarters, narrowing the gap to 51-41 after three quarters.

Mitch Todd guided PN-G’s scorers with 14 followed by Travis Weathersby with 13 and Dylan Berwick with 12. Bridge City guard Jason Clark topped all scorers with 20 points.

PN-G will host Beaumont’s Richard Milburn Academy in the PN-G Classic on The Reservation this Thursday night at 6 p.m.

GIRLS GAMES

Nederland 55, Anahuac 41

ANAHUAC — Bethany McCrary sank four three-point field goals, sparking an early Nederland outburst and guiding the Lady Bulldogs to a season-opening triumph over Anahuac.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder