Lamar Baseball

TradenupBH

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, spidersal said:

Every time you think Lamar Baseball has turned the corner and is finally going to have a good team they get destroyed by someone

Then you realize that their 8 wins have been against some weak times and then you realize that Davis can’t get the job done

Taking last night into account they have a cumulative score of 33-36 against the Houston schools this season...I don't think thats too bad for our little school in Beaumont. 

I think it is not the name of he school you are playing but the kind of year they are having.  Sure, Lamar beat Rice 2 out of 3 games this year but Rice is 3-10 as of today. Houston Baptist is 6-8 and in the Southland.

All in all we get a lot of fool's gold in these pre-conference games and then when conference rolls around we end up near the bottom of the pack.  That has been the typical scenario since Gilligan has been gone.

1 hour ago, snakehead26 said:

I think it is not the name of he school you are playing but the kind of year they are having.  Sure, Lamar beat Rice 2 out of 3 games this year but Rice is 3-10 as of today. Houston Baptist is 6-8 and in the Southland.

All in all we get a lot of fool's gold in these pre-conference games and then when conference rolls around we end up near the bottom of the pack.  That has been the typical scenario since Gilligan has been gone.

I definitely thought Davis was a terrific hire at the time - he just hasn't really been able to put it together for some reason.

Yes, seems like on some of these hires it looked good on paper and just didn't pan out. He was under the winning LSU program and then came to Lamar as an understudy before Gilligan retired.

I remember in the past when Gilligan left  Lamar his first time there were some pretty bad seasons  (late 80s and early 90s) and when Gilligan came back they had some better seasons again.

I just don't know what to say just total frustration with all the athletic programs.

Whomever has let facilities go. If you been to Vincent Beck, the turf is nice, but the walls need painting, the restrooms are broke half of the time, the concession stand is horrible, Taco Rey was on board to spice things up with tacos and margaritas, but miscommunication happened and were told they don’t have the right permit, and Lamar pissed them off kicking them off campus. This baseball I’m talking about. This years team is pretty decent, not sure on the comments about the team from some of y’all. They currently are in the top catagories amongst all Texas D1 college programs right now. They can only play the schedule that’s given to them.

15 hours ago, spidersal said:

Yes their pretty good that why they gave up 21 to Northwestern last night and I am sure Sam Houston State will win at least 2 of 3 at Lamar this weekend 

All you do is get on every sports page and talk trash about each team. Please tell us how you did playing sports in college?

also, Sam Houston got blown out tonight against Rice. If you liking talking so much smack about everyone, throw your name out so we can how good you were? I’m betting you didn’t play sports.

Please don’t get your feelings hurt on honest observations of the major sports teams at Lamar. We all hope that they turn things around in the near future As of now they need to hire a good AD that can help to turn things around. Your observation is that the baseball team is pretty good and I respect that, mine is that they are not very good as of today, but hopefully will get better as the season 

5 hours ago, KF89 said:

Conference schedule is only games given to them. I believe non conference scheduling is what Coach Davis chooses?

I agree, but you have to play within your budget. Ever since they brought football back, the other sports have been an after thought. They have Baylor, A&M, LSU, Oklahoma on this years baseball schedule. They usually play Rice and Houston every year, even before Davis got to LU. They play 30 conference games, and then 9 games against above mentioned teams. That leaves 17 games on a 56 game schedule. It’s common to play some northern teams at beginning of the year to help those kids get games in . Gillian did the same exact thing. I’m not a big Davis fan, but on baseball I feel y’all are being too harsh honestly. I do feel they should be recruiting more local kids.

5 hours ago, spidersal said:

Please don’t get your feelings hurt on honest observations of the major sports teams at Lamar. We all hope that they turn things around in the near future As of now they need to hire a good AD that can help to turn things around. Your observation is that the baseball team is pretty good and I respect that, mine is that they are not very good as of today, but hopefully will get better as the season 

Your not hurting my feelings big boy, but I’ve looked at your posts involving all Lamar sports and Nederland sports. Ever post you’re being critical of every sport, kids playing abilities, and anything else you can complain about. I just simply said if you think every coach, players, fans whoever suck so bad, throw your name out there so we can dissect your old playing days and what you offered to Nederland sports and Lamar University. That’s all. I’m at every baseball game that LU plays and they are a decent team, lacks some pitching, but overall a pretty decent team. Personally, they should’ve stayed in Southland.

Lamar strength rating is #134 out of 304 D1 baseball teams right.

This is the hidden content, please

I am glad you are at every Lamar game supporting them. Good for you, and yes I may be too critical, however I expect more out of Nederland’s and Lamar’s programs 

I certainly thank you for supporting them, however it seems that you don’t care whether they win or lose, you are just happy to attend

9 hours ago, spidersal said:

I am glad you are at every Lamar game supporting them. Good for you, and yes I may be too critical, however I expect more out of Nederland’s and Lamar’s programs 

I certainly thank you for supporting them, however it seems that you don’t care whether they win or lose, you are just happy to attend

I do want them to win and I have a kid that’s on the team, so if you bash the players, I’m gonna bash you. Pretty simple. I have a vested interest, unless you have a kid playing, you’re just another guy that likes to bash kids out there giving it their all. Nice job .