Lamar Baseball

TradenupBH

Glad you are there supporting your son and the team and glad you want them to win.

That being said, Davis’s record is not very good and his recruiting must be a factor, because the talent level is just not what it needs to be for a Division 1 school to be successful. Maybe they turn the corner this year

32 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Glad you are there supporting your son and the team and glad you want them to win.

That being said, Davis’s record is not very good and his recruiting must be a factor, because the talent level is just not what it needs to be for a Division 1 school to be successful. Maybe they turn the corner this year

Would love to hear your thoughts on division 1 players? Look at almost every Texas D1, which one is to your satisfaction? Are you saying if they’re not in Regional every year, they aren’t D1 caliber players? I mean what’s your bar Mr. College Scout?

12 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Would love to hear your thoughts on division 1 players? Look at almost every Texas D1, which one is to your satisfaction? Are you saying if they’re not in Regional every year, they aren’t D1 caliber players? I mean what’s your bar Mr. College Scout?

A&M didn’t get to regional last year. I guess they need to drop down to NAIA? I’m not sure you even keep up with baseball.

There’s 22 D1 baseball teams in Texas. Out of that, 4 made a Regional (Texas, Tech, DBU, TCU).

Those teams budgets, facilities, campus, overall appeal are far superior then Lamar. 2010 is the last appearance LU baseball had in a regional. The WAC is very tough when you look at GCU, Sac St., California Baptist, UTRGV, Sam Houston, Abeline Christian. Only 1 team will go, so LU would need to win conference tournament. Not sure what you expect.

Yes you are correct A&M had a down year last year and is struggling this year, but most years A&M, TCU, TT, Baylor, Texas, and DBU are pretty good and very successful in baseball.

I applaud Lamar being 11-6 and 3-0 as of now, however I do not believe that 1 win has been against a team with a winning record this year and I guess HBU recruits more talent, since they destroyed Lamar at their home, so you tell me the last time Lamar’s baseball team has made it to the regional tournament 

9 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Yes you are correct A&M had a down year last year and is struggling this year, but most years A&M, TCU, TT, Baylor, Texas, and DBU are pretty good and very successful in baseball.

I applaud Lamar being 11-6 and 3-0 as of now, however I do not believe that 1 win has been against a team with a winning record this year and I guess HBU recruits more talent, since they destroyed Lamar at their home, so you tell me the last time Lamar’s baseball team has made it to the regional tournament 

Lol, it was a midweek game. A weekend series Lamar takes Atleast 2 of 3, if not sweeps HBU.

midweek games have been used as a bullpen day for guys that didn’t see much action on weekend series. So far, LU hasn’t lost a weekend series yet. 

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

It certainly doesn’t hurt recruiting when your head coach is a former MLB All-Star that played most of his career right down the road. 

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

You have go back and read your buddy’s posts

Idk anyone posting in this to be my buddy.  Never saw any bashing of players, just a couple posters giving their takes on the coach/ team not being very good yet & hoped the team got better thru the season. You can't be one of those overprotective parents that think 18 to 24 year old college baseball players are kids? 

3 hours ago, spidersal said:

1976, 1977, 1979, 1981, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1993, 1995, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010

These are years in program history that Lamar made it to a Regional. Gillian guided LU to 13 appearances in 38 seasons. Gillian is also one of the winningest coaches in college baseball. I think that’s where some of expectations come from. I don’t see Lamar ever coming close to another Gillian, not with what Lamar and Beaumont has to offer for kids outside of the Golden Triangle. Just my opinion. Gilligan, damn autocorrect 

2 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Idk anyone posting in this to be my buddy.  Never saw any bashing of players, just a couple posters giving their takes on the coach/ team not being very good yet & hoped the team got better thru the season. You can't be one of those overprotective parents that think 18 to 24 year old college baseball players are kids? 

Lol, I’m not over protective. That’s a funny statement coming from you Hiltz.

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

I might swing out there Sunday to talk smack on Davis for you 🤣🤣

Lol, I have to be careful since mines there, but I’m sure we will have a lot in common. I’ve always said give me the top guys from 21-5A and we would tear shit up. I have my own opinions of lack of local recruiting, but save that till we meet up sometime.

I don’t think so, I have always wanted Lamar to win.  Unfortunately in the last several years they have not in their major sports.

This is the 1st time they have beat SHS since 2016, so you see my point

If you look at the last 2 AD’s, they did nothing to help athletics, well Born may have helped tennis.

Also, I am one not afraid to state my honest opinion.