Lumberton 33 Nederland 7 Final/Raiders make playoffs for first time!

SMP/VHS what are you talking about.... I've read three posts from Nederland fans tipping their cap and conceding they were beat be the better team... learn how to win.  Congrats to the Lumberton community, you folks deserve it, enjoy the playoff run, will be lots of fun!

Thanks to Ned for the great posts and support for our team. We will do our best to represent this district well. Hope some of you can come and watch!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to neddog ,classy post man. i think the best team won tonight. both teams

played hard. no gloating here,we want all our young men to be successful

& rep our towns well. the coaches & players determine the games outcome,

not us. its good to finally see our team come out & defend their house,

good group of young men. sure to see nhs back in the thick of things in

near future,like next year. dont put these young men down because a long

streak was broken, they had a long run,time to start another one,good luck

dogs. :) :)

Hey yourdaddy!!!!! Can you say loser? You sound like a sore one.

First off its good to see you know who your daddy is (ME). Second, im far from a sore loser because i dont know about you but this game does not affect my paycheck one bit so Nederland losing doesnt bother at all. Would i have like to see Nederland win? Yes, but im definitely not sore about the loss. I just like how people on here can dish out the smack talk but cant take it back. So please just calm down cuz daddy really doesnt want to have to get his belt out.

Here are the stats from last night.

Nederland                  Lumberton

Total yards                            257                          453

First downs                            13                            18

Rushes/Yds                          12/65                        43/353

Average rush                        5.42                          8.21

Comp/Atts                            21/38                          5/11

Pass yards                            192                          100

Comp pct                              55.26                        45.45

Punts                                    6                              3

Punting Yards                        216                            112

Punting Average                      36                            37.33

Fumbles/Lost                          1/0                              2/0

Penalties-yards                      4-34                          4-40

All I have to say ...... is the L-TRAIN came through last night, with the beat down on big NED.  I don't blame you NED fans because you are upset .... I guess now you know how we've felt for many years .... like you say ..... Like I've always said .... you have to hate to lose to be a champ....... remember this a real BULLDOG never gives up ...... keep your heads up and keep scratching.

This is GREAT for RAIDER NATION ------TRI-CHAMPS!

Guest maverick24

Before the inevitable flood of negative posts comes crashing down, I would like to say that Nederland was by far the classiest team we've played all year. Good game guys.

I hate to disagree, but I still think the Central kids were the classiest team we played. In most part the ned kids were  good, their parents should be proud. Except the #2 who got yanked up by the coach then kicked the water cooler over. All this after he took a cheap shot at a Raider player. Congrats to the ned players in most other Districts you would be in the playoffs.

I hate to disagree, but I still think the Central kids were the classiest team we played. In most part the ned kids were  good, their parents should be proud. Except the #2 who got yanked up by the coach then kicked the water cooler over. All this after he took a cheap shot at a Raider player. Congrats to the ned players in most other Districts you would be in the playoffs.

;) ;)

I want to Sincerely Thank the Lumberton Raiders Dedicated Coaching Staff for the sacrifies they and their families have made for the last 90 straight days ...working 12 to 16 hours a day and counting.......... In order for our kids and this entire community to experience our first ever Varsity Football District Championship in 41 years. To accomplish this.......... in probably one of ....if not the toughest distirct in the state of Texas (22-4A) in just 2 years under this leadership is remarkable. We are going to the playoffs because of the: Hardwork,Dedication,Drive,Determination,Leadership,Integrity,Respect,Sacrifice,Endurance,Wisdom,and Faith. The Faith that Coach Credeur has had in these kids for the past 6 years. I have been around a while in this community........and I am here to tell ya.... these qualities are contagious..............the coaching staff teaches it, the players embrace it, the administration feels it, our schools are productive from it, our teachers thrive on it, and yes, our community supports it. Bottom line......... Winning feels great and losing...........well, not so great. But whatever life brings us down the road... remember this ......on 11-9-07..... if you were in Lumberton Texas you were a part of History. The community has suppoted this team all year and has also been a huge part of its success. So, if you have not been on this great ride................jump on this train we call L-Train and enjoy the ride.........because this train will run for a long time to come.

Congratulations Lumberton Raiders

I want to Sincerely Thank the Lumberton Raiders Dedicated Coaching Staff for the sacrifies they and their families have made for the last 90 straight days ...working 12 to 16 hours a day and counting.......... In order for our kids and this entire community to experience our first ever Varsity Football District Championship in 41 years. To accomplish this.......... in probably one of ....if not the toughest distirct in the state of Texas (22-4A) in just 2 years under this leadership is remarkable. We are going to the playoffs because of the: Hardwork,Dedication,Drive,Determination,Leadership,Integrity,Respect,Sacrifice,Endurance,Wisdom,and Faith. The Faith that Coach Credeur has had in these kids for the past 6 years. I have been around a while in this community........and I am here to tell ya.... these qualities are contagious..............the coaching staff teaches it, the players embrace it, the administration feels it, our schools are productive from it, our teachers thrive on it, and yes, our community supports it. Bottom line......... Winning feels great and losing...........well, not so great. But whatever life brings us down the road... remember this ......on 11-9-07..... if you were in Lumberton Texas you were a part of History. The community has suppoted this team all year and has also been a huge part of its success. So, if you have not been on this great ride................jump on this train we call L-Train and enjoy the ride.........because this train will run for a long time to come.

c011.gif

HERE, HERE!!! AMEN!!

We ALL BELIEVED!

Hey, great post!...for a newby!

Congrats Lumberton, Good luck in the playoffs!

Just wondering but is Kirby alright? he looked he was banged up pretty bad, and then they brought Asa in, Asa looked like a mini Vince young for a series  :D, and then Kirby came in and looked lost the rest of the night.

Great season for the young kid though.

Let's see some deep playoff run's!  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83