Crosby vs Texas High

Cougar14.2

If Tx High lost starters to grades it’s game over.  If not, we have an unstoppable force vs an immovable object scenario.  Really makes for an interesting game.  Imo, Crosby has more D than TH has O.  In today’s atmosphere of all Offense it’s refreshing to see a team like TH who still plays good Defense.  Both are fairly balanced, but again, I think they Cougar D is superior to the TH O, and that’s the difference.  Jmo

41 minutes ago, uptheWay said:

Who is the pig playmaker Crosby has this year I need to watch ? #4? #20? Qb #10?just sayin . You were the exact guy predicting TC and png to beat t high. and now those teams are no good? Against TC it was you saying it was a trap game 24-17 type game and png you kept saying t high didn’t see an offense like Png since Crosby last year.  Yeah they wont be afraid to play man press cause they got a corner with a D1 offer 10 ints one in every playoff game so far. 15 at the other corner had a broke wrist last year vs y’all 2 year starter he’ll be alright neither one of them played vs y’all so they didn’t get cooked. No disrespect Not sure if you realize this but LB’s usually sure up a defense at the 2nd level making most of the tackles. Not even close they are better this year than last pure fact they can run  one LB with some d1 offers that wasn’t the case last year. and Brown will find ways to make plays . You’re right smith isn’t across from him so he gets a double team still has 13 sacks and probably 2-3 blocked punts few blocked extra points he will find a way to make an impact. 

imo Crosby oline is suspect 78 at left tackle and center 55 pretty big but outside of that we’ll see. If t high did lose players it’s gonna be uphill from the start. Not good when playing a team like Crosby but I think they’ll be up for it. Hope they are !  I think T high shows a little different look this week. We would have to go back to Jacksonville game to see plays open up they haven’t done anything special but they haven’t had to do anything other than run the ball to win all those games. I think it set them up pretty good coming in to this game just cause they haven’t had to show anything. Qb has had somewhat bad year but this one has been circled for him I think he’ll be ready. 

I think it was you or maybe border town that went off after my  assessment last year. Calling out all the D1 guys yall had. And asked what were we gonna do when we had to handle Smith in the passing game. I'm sticking by my assessment like I did last yr. Them boys will get cooked in press man. Our OL is probably the second smallest in the district but we in that weight room at CHS. Last year yall had a bunch of beef on  the OL but we completely shut down your run game. And kept the QB under pressure.  Hopefully  this is just a silly rumor about the kids grades  because I don't wanna hear these excuses  after this year. And even if it ain't a rumor it won't be those D1 guys because you gotta have D1 grades to get D1 offers 

28 minutes ago, uptheWay said:

Who is the pig playmaker Crosby has this year I need to watch ? #4? #20? Qb #10?just sayin . You were the exact guy predicting TC and png to beat t high. and now those teams are no good? Against TC it was you saying it was a great matchup for them and a trap game 24-17 type game and png you kept saying t high didn’t see an offense like Png since Crosby last year.  Yeah they wont be afraid to play man press cause they got a corner with a D1 offer 10 ints one in every playoff game so far. 15 at the other corner had a broke wrist last year vs y’all 2 year starter he’ll be alright neither one of them played vs y’all so they didn’t get cooked. No disrespect Not sure if you realize this but LB’s usually sure up a defense at the 2nd level making most of the tackles. Not even close they are better this year than last pure fact they can run  one LB with some d1 offers that wasn’t the case last year. and Brown will find ways to make plays . You’re right smith isn’t across from him so he gets a double team still has 13 sacks and probably 2-3 blocked punts few blocked extra points he will find a way to make an impact. 

imo Crosby oline is suspect 78 at left tackle and center 55 pretty big but outside of that we’ll see. If t high did lose players it’s gonna be uphill from the start. Not good when playing a team like Crosby but I think they’ll be up for it. Hope they are !  I think T high shows a little different look this week. We would have to go back to Jacksonville game to see plays open up they haven’t done anything special but they haven’t had to do anything other than run the ball to win all those games. I think it set them up pretty good coming in to this game just cause they haven’t had to show anything. Qb has had somewhat bad year but this one has been circled for him I think he’ll be ready. 

I never predicted either of those teams to beat TH, and I didn’t say now that y’all beat them that they aren’t good. I said I thought y’all would get about 24 and you got 31, big whoop. I said y’all were lucky to get TC in the second round because they could score. 

You haven’t seen an offense as good as PNG’s since Crosby which is why they scored the most points on TH since we blasted y’all last year. LMAO😭, you dbs couldn’t cover Chance Prosperie, you think they’re going to check Kirkwood. Lol, a corner with one D1 offer? Jaylon Gilbeau has 25 offers, turn on the tape of him trying to check Kirkwood. Nobody plays press man on Crosby and not get burned. 

You’re talking about our o-line but we ran for 352 yards on 32 carries on TH last year, we had a tougher time running the ball on Nederland. Based on the film I’ve seen we won’t have much issue with anybody in TH’s front seven. 

As far as TH not having to show anything on offense, I just don’t think there’s much to show. If Stewart can’t run for 200 yards on us TH won’t move the ball much at all. Y’all’s qb struggles to make basic varsity throws and he’s not much of a threat with his legs. Just on basic comeback routes against PNG I saw him throw one and take the receiver OB, he threw one wide and threw another one into the dirt. That’s without near the pressure he’s going to see from Crosby defense. 

If Crosby can keep the pressure from the TH defense under check they will roll in this one. PN-G struggled to keep them out of our backfield and it made for a long night. With a little more time I think we could have been much more productive on offense. TH is good at pinning their ears back and going. Having to play assignment and contain football against the Crosby offense will be the decider. On offense TH had one play that was successful and that was the counter run. Outside of that I didn't see anything that made them standout. 

If the game is within 7 at half, I like the Tigers chances. The D coordinator has done a great job making the adjustments at half. Most of the second half points have come against backups (sure same holds true for Crosby). Addressing a couple of previous comments, there seems to be too much focus on our D-line not having a lot of sacks against PNG. The week before Crippen was 25-30 in passing. Against Texas High, he went 16 - 39 per the PA News. It would seem to my untrained eyes, the rush did it’s job. In addition there were a number of running plays that the DL chased the rusher on the edge for a nominal gain. I disagree with the assessment of McHenry as QB. Kid holds a D-1 offer (New Mexico … albeit not Alabama). The issue has been our WRs that have had the dropsies. That cannot occur against the Cougars. McHenry does not run a lot, but he is deceptively fast and can do damage with his legs.

5 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Word from the east tx forum is T high has some starters that will miss due to grades. Wanted to see a good game but if they are missing some starters I think Crosby advances. At least we will get a LH rematch. 

That seems odd considering their 6 weeks grading period ends on 12/17. 

2 hours ago, uptheWay said:

Who is the pig playmaker Crosby has this year I need to watch ?

#14 He's going to eat your secondary alive. Ask BH and A&M how hard it is to guard him. 

#10 will control the game and make the right decision all game. He makes the big play when its needed, either throwing or running. 

Also the big difference this year is Crosby is much more diverse an offense. It's not is Branch or Dunn going to run the ball. 

It's RPO, Counters, a Big play receiver, A crafty receiver, and a solid running game lead by an exceptional quarterback. You don't have 3 picks in a season without being an elite decision maker. I took a double take when he threw one in the A&M game because it just hasn't happened this year. We won't have a player on the offense that isn't  threat to take it to the house. Every receiver can make plays, every back you'll see can make plays. 

I think you are going to see a better offense than you did last year but not as explosive of an offense. 

31 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

That seems odd considering their 6 weeks grading period ends on 12/17. 

Just looked it up any player that was eligible for the PNG game is also eligible for this game unless they played ineligible players

OR

their calendar on their website had it's grading periods changed.

If for some reason they had moved their eligibility period (i.e. their 2nd 6 week ) back one week then they would have lost eligibility this week because you cannot lose eligibility when school is not in session. 

even though they should in a normal situation have lost eligibility during the Thanksgiving break had their been school that week (which their wasn't for Texas High.) 

4 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Just looked it up any player that was eligible for the PNG game is also eligible for this game unless they played ineligible players

OR

their calendar on their website had it's grading periods changed.

If for some reason they had moved their eligibility period (i.e. their 2nd 6 week ) back one week then they would have lost eligibility this week because you cannot lose eligibility when school is not in session. 

even though they should in a normal situation have lost eligibility during the Thanksgiving break had their been school that week (which their wasn't for Texas High.) 

12/3 is the UIL 3 Week grade check. I did not think you could lose eligibility at a 3 week progress reporting period, only regain eligibility. 

40 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

12/3 is the UIL 3 Week grade check. I did not think you could lose eligibility at a 3 week progress reporting period, only regain eligibility. 

UIL doesn't create the grading periods those are guides. districts create grading periods. Given how they did their 6 week period they could have made the above change.

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Not related but Crosby legend Austin Walter got to the podium after he scored his first regular season TD against the Texans yesterday:

This is the hidden content, please

C-Patt also got the game-winner against La Tech Saturday, great past weekend for Crosby football. 

Crosby has had a weird season... they've had some impressive wins, some acceptable losses, and a couple of mediocre performances against average teams.  It's to the point now where Crosby has to bring their A-game every week. Obviously they beat a pretty good team in AMC last week, but giving up 50 and having it go down to the wire wasn't the best result in a game where they should've been 2-3 TDs better.  If they play defense like that this week I think Texas High ends their season.  That said, I see Crosby as the favorite in this game, but not by a large margin.

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I never predicted either of those teams to beat TH, and I didn’t say now that y’all beat them that they aren’t good. I said I thought y’all would get about 24 and you got 31, big whoop. I said y’all were lucky to get TC in the second round because they could score. 

You haven’t seen an offense as good as PNG’s since Crosby which is why they scored the most points on TH since we blasted y’all last year. LMAO😭, you dbs couldn’t cover Chance Prosperie, you think they’re going to check Kirkwood. Lol, a corner with one D1 offer? Jaylon Gilbeau has 25 offers, turn on the tape of him trying to check Kirkwood. Nobody plays press man on Crosby and not get burned. 

You’re talking about our o-line but we ran for 352 yards on 32 carries on TH last year, we had a tougher time running the ball on Nederland. Based on the film I’ve seen we won’t have much issue with anybody in TH’s front seven. 

As far as TH not having to show anything on offense, I just don’t think there’s much to show. If Stewart can’t run for 200 yards on us TH won’t move the ball much at all. Y’all’s qb struggles to make basic varsity throws and he’s not much of a threat with his legs. Just on basic comeback routes against PNG I saw him throw one and take the receiver OB, he threw one wide and threw another one into the dirt. That’s without near the pressure he’s going to see from Crosby defense. 

Lol you’ve made it out like t high was gonna get beat every week regardless of a prediction really don’t matter but that’s the way it seemed . Don’t get so worked up it’s just conversation. It was 44-7 starting the 4th my man vs png #18 didn’t do much when it mattered offense as a whole didn’t do anything when it mattered db’s played off / starters were in/out of game after first play of 2nd half to make score 34-7 hallsville 24 points on t high and Nac scored 21 in first half vs thigh then defense got it together.  Imo Fulshear qb best they have played in playoffs so far. 

T high won’t play press all night that’s common sense they’ll go to it  1st and 2nd down some dependin on yardage sometimes on 3rd. Kirkwood is really good McCrumby at MP (headed to Baylor) Hale (#1 wr in 23 class)  at Longview . Derrick McCall committed to Texas played at Tyler also had Montrell Wade D1 offers at wr. 2 wrs at Marshall were pretty good as well. Db’s have seen players as good as Crosby has if they play like they have I think they’ll be fine that’s just my thought  I’ll be here if they do get “cooked” 

Yeah I don’t think oline is as good as Crosby had last year and I think t high dline even without smith still pretty good we’ll see 352 yards last year really don’t factor in to this game tho. 

Qb has had 2 games over 150 yards on the ground had over 100 yards or close to it vs Tc he can move around some. Including last year and this year #12 at qb has only had 7 interceptions so he not just all over the place like you make out. He’ll have to be good this week. This year they haven’t had to do anything special on offense doesn’t mean they can’t .Rb is 90 yards away from 2000 yards. Play good defense and runnin the ball gonna win a lot of games . He did throw for 3 tds and 285 yards vs TC as well so he is capable but even then tc played cover 2 and slants underneath were open all night so they didn’t have to show much then either imo. 

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Crosby has had a weird season... they've had some impressive wins, some acceptable losses, and a couple of mediocre performances against average teams.  It's to the point now where Crosby has to bring their A-game every week. Obviously they beat a pretty good team in AMC last week, but giving up 50 and having it go down to the wire wasn't the best result in a game where they should've been 2-3 TDs better.  If they play defense like that this week I think Texas High ends their season.  That said, I see Crosby as the favorite in this game, but not by a large margin.

Lol, we can play defense like we did last week and be just fine against TH. TH’s offense is nowhere near the level of AMC, especially at the LOS. What are the mediocre performances against the average teams? We’ve played two one-score games in the last 11 weeks. One to BH who took out #2 FB Marshall in the area round and one to AMC who probably has the best offensive line in our class outside of SOC. Those teams are very similar and not good matchups for Crosby. Texas High is just a slightly better version of Texas City IMO. Very pedestrian on offense and try to out-athlete you on defense. 

AMC’s coach also has two state titles under his belt. I don’t think TH is coached at the level AMC is either, the DC looked like he had no idea what was going on last year and this year we have even more kids that can make you pay. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, we can play defense like we did last week and be just fine against TH. TH’s offense is nowhere near the level of AMC, especially at the LOS. What are the mediocre performances against the average teams? We’ve played two one-score games in the last 11 weeks. One to BH who took out #2 FB Marshall in the area round and one to AMC who probably has the best offensive line in our class outside of SOC. Those teams are very similar and not good matchups for Crosby. Texas High is just a slightly better version of Texas City IMO. Very pedestrian on offense and try to out-athlete you on defense. 

AMC’s coach also has two state titles under his belt. I don’t think TH is coached at the level AMC is either, the DC looked like he had no idea what was going on last year and this year we have even more kids that can make you pay. 

I think you’re underselling Texas High.  They’re a slightly better version of Texas City?  They shut them out 31-0.  They beat PNG 44-7, backed off and PNG got a couple of late scores in garbage time against the second string.  Y’all should’ve lost to Barber’s Hill, who played by far their best football of the season in their two playoff games, and finished the season 6-6.  I know y’all rested some folks, but y’all didn’t look good against Nederland.  AMC ended the season at 10-3, with a total of one win against a team with a winning record.  They aren’t a bad team, but they’re not exactly elite.  Texas high may not be as good offensively as AMC, but they’re a heck of a lot better on defense.  If they’re able to sniff 35-40 points you guys could be in trouble.  Or y’all might come out and play one of your lights out games and put 50 on them and win by 4 touchdowns.  We’ll see what happens.

I’m too far removed from the school to have any knowledge of the “players are out for grades” comments. I have no idea if there is any truth. I do know the school enforces the rules. Last year the QB tested the rule and sat for 3 weeks. Insert McHenry into the  QB position and it was his job the rest of the way. The old QB became a pretty salty WR. Stanford is more interested in his players being productive members of society after football than winning a game (and yes if we work as a TEAM we can win). Many of these kids are from disadvantaged backgrounds. Don’t care for some of the innuendos.