Who has the most spirit??

So its just about the end of the season and i just wanted to put this question out there.

Which group has had the most spirit this year??

Not fans cause dang...Lumberton fans followed everywhere they go. and so does PN-G fans. but like spirit groups.

I know that PN-G has the Crew down there and Nederland has the Guardians too. is there any other groups from other schools? and how much "Spirit" do they have?

My guess is that was Lumberton being completely amped and PNG acting as if they had been there before.  Which they had.  Just like Texas games.... sometimes the crowd is completely into it,  sometimes it's just blah, more times than not, they win. 

I've been to a few Lumberton games though,  when they are in it.... the crowd is there and good.  But when they are not in it........ it's dead. 

Port Neches fans are there win or lose.  As is Nederland fans.....  I haven't been to many other games so I can't have an opinion on anyone else, unless you want to start talking Alaska high school football.  Alaska high school football doesn't even come close to what you get in Southeast Texas.

Another school that comes to mind of course would be Odessa permian.

There are three top schools in Texas in regard to school spirit and tradition...

Plano, Odessa Permian, and PNG.

Everyone else is looking up to them.

Although...

Last year...

The Lumberton student section was just AWEsome despite being destroyed in the Dayton game.  I tried to get to the Lumberton side this year, but the officials wanted me to stay on the Dayton side.  The kids at Lumberton were very very supportive of their team.  For Lumberton to win this week, it would just be huge, not only for the high school students, but to the whole commnunity.  Lumberton had one of the largest crowds last year at Dayton (a little less than Nederland).  Looking at video from the PN-G game they had the Reservation visiting section packed (about 5,500).  However...

If Dayton, PN-G, and Lumberton all make it three rounds deep in the playoffs...

There is no question to which team will have the largest following.

PN-G is the ONLY school in this part of the state that can put over 20,000 into the stands for a playoff game.

There are three top schools in Texas in regard to school spirit and tradition...

Although...

Last year...

The Lumberton student section was just AWEsome despite being destroyed in the Dayton game.  I tried to get to the Lumberton side this year, but the officials wanted me to stay on the Dayton side.  The kids at Lumberton were very very supportive of their team.  For Lumberton to win this week, it would just be huge, not only for the high school students, but to the whole commnunity.  Lumberton had one of the largest crowds last year at Dayton (a little less than Nederland).  Looking at video from the PN-G game they had the Reservation visiting section packed (about 5,500).  However...

PN-G is the ONLY school in this part of the state that can put over 20,000 into the stands for a playoff game.

You're exactly right!  I have NEVER seen the fans that PNG has at any other Texas high school.......whether they are winning or losing, the fans are there supporting their team.  HONOR, PRIDE, TRADITION....thats the hallmark of a true PNG fan!  Scalp 'em, Indians, Scalp 'em!

png has nothing on nederland in the nid county game they did not even show up on time. nederland is load for there team win or lose and not just the student section but every section you will see come friday nigh in lumberton. we will go to playoffs once again.

png has nothing on nederland in the nid county game they did not even show up on time. nederland is load for there team win or lose and not just the student section but every section you will see come friday nigh in lumberton. we will go to playoffs once again.

You need to put down the pipe 08. PN-G was just as loud as Ned at that game. If I recall, there was not a place to sit on our side with people lined up on the fence. I still think some people do not know the games start at 7:00 and not 7:30 this year.

Although...

Last year...

That about sums it up-- :)

Nederland can NEVER compare to the attendance of PN-G in the playoffs...

Look at the top 10...

Attendance for these 10 games are among the highest on record in state history:

Attendance Game Site Year

49,953 Plano vs. Port Neches-Groves Texas Stadium 1977*

46,339 Southlake Carroll vs. Euless Trinity Texas Stadium 2006

45,790 Highland Park vs. Waco Cotton Bowl 1945*

45,000 Houston Washington vs. Galveston Rice Stadium 1968

45,000 Dallas Adams vs. Richardson Cotton Bowl 1967

39,102 Garland vs. Katy Astrodome 1999*

39,102 Stephenville vs. Port Neches-Groves Astrodome 1999*

38,570 Port Neches-Groves vs. Houston Kashmere Astrodome 1977

38,374 Plano vs. Highland Park Texas Stadium 1980

38,000 Odessa vs. San Antonio Jefferson Memorial Stadium (Austin) 1946

36,000 Fort Bend Willowridge vs. Houston Yates Rice Stadium 1988

*state championship game

PN-G is the ONLY school there three times.

PN-G probably has a season ticket base that has over 1,000 what Nederland has.

The way I look at it...

Nederland is a wanna be PN-G.

Sure they have gone to the playoffs more than PN-G has lately, but that has been due to three teams going.

It looks like the Bulldogs are perfectly content with being the "brides maid" rather than the bride.

How many outright district championships has Nederland won lately???

At least PN-G has made it to the state championship game in the last decade.

Nederland hasn't even come close to this.

Nederland does have more fan support than the other teams in the Golden Triangle, but it is a distant second compared to PN-G.

oh by the way....

Don't look for PN-G to lay down and get 63 points racked up on them.....

I never thought I would ever see a Bulldog team just quit like I did when the PURPLE AND WHITE Broncos lamblasted them on their homefield.

ok well we are not talking playoffs by way how many years in a row have ya'll gone to playoffs?  ;D ;D

Not as many as Nederland, but at least they have made it to the big show and have won district outright.

Like I said....

Nederland is perfectly content with being the bridesmaid and never the bride.

Their playoff appearances have been due to the fact that they know how to get third place.

I would rather have one blue ribbon for first place than three third place ribbons.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw