Port Neches Refinery Noise Pollution?

BMTSoulja1

18 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Yeah. They use them. They don’t work real well. Unless they plan on enclosing entire refineries…

Anything that cuts down on the noise pollution.   Probably could re-engineer the pumps or replace them too. 

52 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

The owners of the plant that blew up.

Thanks, don't watch news on the tube.

But do remember them coming out and telling everyone not to worry they would take care of the damage. Then how ever many months later they changed their tune.

My only question would be, You knew the plant was there when you moved into your home, apt, mobile home across the street or down the road. Did you not think there could be noise and pollution that would affect you and your family?

My close friends sister lives in Pasadena and here kid had terrible asthma, like scary bad. But daddy needed to live down from momma because his daddy died. Her sister would bring that boy out to the Spring/Tomball area every weekend and that boy never had to use his inhaler all weekend long.

8 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

Thanks, don't watch news on the tube.

But do remember them coming out and telling everyone not to worry they would take care of the damage. Then how ever many months later they changed their tune.

My only question would be, You knew the plant was there when you moved into your home, apt, mobile home across the street or down the road. Did you not think there could be noise and pollution that would affect you and your family?

My close friends sister lives in Pasadena and here kid had terrible asthma, like scary bad. But daddy needed to live down from momma because his daddy died. Her sister would bring that boy out to the Spring/Tomball area every weekend and that boy never had to use his inhaler all weekend long.

Well, that was before half of Port Arthur showed up to file claims.  There were some really damaged structures near the plant.  There were also people miles away claiming damage that was obviously not related to the blast.  Then there were a lot of people who exaggerated damage trying to get a complete home renovation.  It really slowed down what the company could do to help people who actually sustained damage from the blast.

The end result is that the refinery will not be rebuilt and the community will have to find other ways to fund their needs once the deep pockets have left town.  

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The end result is that the refinery will not be rebuilt and the community will have to find other ways to fund their needs once the deep pockets have left town.  

Was TPC the only refinery over there? Seems like I drove by plenty on the way to the Wheelhouse last week. Top notch food btw.