*West Brook 14 Humble 6 FINAL/COMMENTS*

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That hit by Falgout on that long pass was great.  Brook's offense looks stagnant at first, but gotta give credit to the Humble defense.  Your right.  There was a playoff feel to it.  Humble didn't quit.  They kept fighting, and will be a scrappy bunch in the playoffs. Lewis had that int pass that was because the Brook reciever missed the pass.  There was of dropped passes by Brook recievers, which was an overall bad game by them.  I doubt they will have that type of game any more.  Good Luck to Brook next week.

I really hope WB doesn't bring this game to Houston for the play offfs because it would be a short trip for them... These guys are much better than they played tonight, slightly lethargic.  If it wasn't for a few called back big plays for Humble, the Brook would have been sweating and maybe would have lost.  Humble came to play and Micheals was kept in check all night...  The district's two best teams have enough D to make some noise but both need to play a more mistake free game.

Go West Brook this Jag will be following you hopefully to Texas Statium.... I need a vacation!

What is up with the Humble fans?  Great team, championship game, and it looked like they had a couple of hundred fans ???  Is that the way they always travel?

The split hurt our numbers in the fan department...also, alot of kids go to the game and fill the stands... But of course they cant make the drive. 

I was a little disappointed, but like i said... Atascocita has alot of our fans rooting for the other team now.  But the booster club is working on getting all the new neighborhoods into our tradition of winning program. 

Maybe they were expecting to get beat badly, and didnt' want to take the long trip to Beaumont.  I dont' know, but I would think that they would follow this team.  Those kids were awesome on D.  They should be proud of this team.

No..that wasn't it.  we just dont have a lot of fans now that Atascocita opened.  Alot kids go to the games, and get involved at home games...but away games are for those willing to drive far distances with gas at 2.80 a gallon. 

I really hope WB doesn't bring this game to Houston for the play offfs because it would be a short trip for them... These guys are much better than they played tonight, slightly lethargic.  If it wasn't for a few called back big plays for Humble, the Brook would have been sweating and maybe would have lost.  Humble came to play and Micheals was kept in check all night...  The district's two best teams have enough D to make some noise but both need to play a more mistake free game.

Go West Brook this Jag will be following you hopefully to Texas Statium.... I need a vacation!

I think you have to give Humble's D credit for holding the WB offense in check all night, had we played better in the middle of the field (Secondary) the game could of easily ended 7-6 WB.

Humble's offense played horrible ball control all night, we fumbled so many times...We just looked, bad in the second half.  We played pretty well in the first half, with some pretty big passes...and of course our QB (who has really come along).

We'll be looking to redeem ourselves in the offensive department against PAM.

Standings

Overall          District

W L    PCT    W L    PCT

Beaumont West Brook    8 1  0.889    6 0    1.000

Humble                        7 2  0.778    5 1    0.833

Kingwood                      3 6  0.333    3 3    0.500 

PA Memorial                  4 5  0.444    3 3    0.500 

Baytown Lee                  4 5  0.444    3 3    0.500

Channelview                  4 5  0.444    3 3    0.500

Atascocita                    3 6  0.333    1 5    0.167

Baytown Sterling            0 9  0.000    0 6    0.000

Good game WB def. win's championship (with some help from the off.) ;D good game on both sides of the ball. This is the type of game i expected from both teams. Both have great def.'s all WB can do is get better week by week. Humble has a good football team shame no fans came to show support. Good luck in the playoffs. GOOO BRUINS!!!!!

Guest WBFan09

Team Stats

Humble    Beaumont West Brook

Total yards              210               304

First downs                6                 14

Rushes/Yds              30/99           30/64

Average rush             3.3              2.13

Comp/Atts               10/19           13/23

Pass yards               111               240

Comp pct                52.63            56.52

Punts                       6                   5

Punting Yards          187                 152

Punting Average      31.17              30.4

Fumbles/Lost           3/2                1/0

Penalties-yards        5-35              3-20

my feelings on the stats?

its amazing to see how the passing stepped up for us when we couldnt get the run established...granted we through a few picks but that wil happen when you are playing a team like this...ya look at the stats and our O didnt do bad at all in them at least not bad when facing a team D like Humble and check out the penalties WAYYYY down for us which is what we needed...rushing struggled and as 82 and Bear know i wouldve liked for them to show faith in Jeremy Cooper and given him the ball just once...Our D was huge in this game we gave up a few big runs by the QB but not too many big plays and our secondary was excellent tonight...

FALGOUT WAS A BEAST

if our D can play like that consistently it wil be hard for any team to score on us...love the DEs getting their hands up and batting down passes really help when we have an 8 foot ball their QB has to throw over...dont sleep on Channelview it looks like Lee did and look what happend....go out this week guys and practice hard...rest C-Mic a little bit and give C-lou some props for a 240 yard game when we really needed it

Guest WBFan09

I would be surprised if c.Michael plays at all against Cview.  Does this game have any meaning for us(except payback)?    Good chance to work on the passing game and let a couple of guys heal up.

if its more than a bruise to his bone or leg than i would sit him otherwise im expecting him to play...he wont let his team out there on his own...they will suit him out and put him in the game prolly wont run that much though and just leave him in there to scare CVEIW

Channelview has some guys with good stats.

Its not that their a bad team, its just they dont have the Talent depth that the other schools have... They carry around 35-45 players on the roster, much like WB and Humble do this year... BUT, instead of having 22 different starters...they have about 8 guys going both ways.  Its going to take a toll on you by games end... Thats why they wont be able to beat West Brook, they are far to talented...and have the advantage because they have 1 guy to each position for the most part.

Channelview will have its best shot at beating Westbrook in the 1st half, after that...its not going to happen.  They are a much better team then PAM, but they were to tired to keep the huge lead they had on them in the 4th...  with Lee getting all beat up, it was easier for them to take advantage of them. 

Congratulations to WEST BROOK BRUINS 21 5a '07 District Champs !!! It's been a long time coming.As for the game I was really disapointed in WB performance. The defense played super,they held Humble to 6 first downs,made them turn the ball over 4 times and totally controlled Humble offense. Offensive the play calling just didn't make sense to me. I just couldn't understand why WB tried to run the ball up the middle on a Humble defense which is very good against the run. To me WB play calling kept Humble in the game and made the game very frustrating to watch ( I really wanted to see a blowout). I wish The Bruins all the luck in the up coming playoffs !!!!!!

Guest WBFan09

Congratulations to WEST BROOK BRUINS 21 5a '07 District Champs !!! It's been a long time coming.As for the game I was really disapointed in WB performance. The defense played super,they held Humble to 6 first downs,made them turn the ball over 4 times and totally controlled Humble offense. Offensive the play calling just didn't make sense to me. I just couldn't understand why WB tried to run the ball up the middle on a Humble defense which is very good against the run. To me WB play calling kept Humble in the game and made the game very frustrating to watch ( I really wanted to see a blowout). I wish The Bruins all the luck in the up coming playoffs !!!!!!

in the beginning of the game we tryed running it outside and kept losing yardage the Humble team had great pursuit

I think you have to give Humble's D credit for holding the WB offense in check all night, had we played better in the middle of the field (Secondary) the game could of easily ended 7-6 WB.

Humble's offense played horrible ball control all night, we fumbled so many times...We just looked, bad in the second half.   We played pretty well in the first half, with some pretty big passes...and of course our QB (who has really come along).

We'll be looking to redeem ourselves in the offensive department against PAM.

Well, in my opinion both WB and Humble didnt play their best football. Brook did, however, make some key halftime adjustments that limited Humble's offense and pretty much held the game in check from there. Congrats to both teams as they are both gonna see more teams like this in the playoffs. For the Brook, I think this was the best game and result you could have asked for. They won a very hard fought, defensive battle that gained alot of playoff type experience. The kids will blow through Channelview with ease. We should be in good shape for the playoffs! Good luck in the playoffs Humble!

my feelings on the stats?

its amazing to see how the passing stepped up for us when we couldnt get the run established...granted we through a few picks but that wil happen when you are playing a team like this...ya look at the stats and our O didnt do bad at all in them at least not bad when facing a team D like Humble and check out the penalties WAYYYY down for us which is what we needed...rushing struggled and as 82 and Bear know i wouldve liked for them to show faith in Jeremy Cooper and given him the ball just once...Our D was huge in this game we gave up a few big runs by the QB but not too many big plays and our secondary was excellent tonight...

FALGOUT WAS A BEAST

if our D can play like that consistently it wil be hard for any team to score on us...love the DEs getting their hands up and batting down passes really help when we have an 8 foot ball their QB has to throw over...dont sleep on Channelview it looks like Lee did and look what happend....go out this week guys and practice hard...rest C-Mic a little bit and give C-lou some props for a 240 yard game when we really needed it

Dont put too much into that Lee score.....they have alot of injured players and started their JV quarterback on Friday

Well, in my opinion both WB and Humble didnt play their best football. Brook did, however, make some key halftime adjustments that limited Humble's offense and pretty much held the game in check from there. Congrats to both teams as they are both gonna see more teams like this in the playoffs. For the Brook, I think this was the best game and result you could have asked for. They won a very hard fought, defensive battle that gained alot of playoff type experience. The kids will blow through Channelview with ease. We should be in good shape for the playoffs! Good luck in the playoffs Humble!

Hey Hum this is very true... Humble D is nice!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami