****Kirbyville 29 Silsbee 28 Final/Comments****

jdawg03

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am certainly one who does not like blaming refs for losses, but some calls can make a difference in a ballgame.  I believe the Castle TD was a good call, however I would not have called it a block in back as it looked like a hold.  Now, as for as the TD fumble, I don't know what the refs were looking at and that was a bad call for Silsbee.  However, the one nobody seems to be mentioning is on the play that Silsbee fumbled & gave Kville the ball for the winning TD.  Didn't anyone notice Donavan Harris calling time-out right in front of the ref as well as Sils coaches calling for time-out and the ref ignored all of them.  Sils only had 10 men on the field for that play.

Regardless, it was a very good and exciting game that was won by a Kville team that did what they needed to do.  Congrats.

By the way, the refs were from the Beaumont pool.

I am certainly one who does not like blaming refs for losses, but some calls can make a difference in a ballgame.  I believe the Castle TD was a good call, however I would not have called it a block in back as it looked like a hold.  Now, as for as the TD fumble, I don't know what the refs were looking at and that was a bad call for Silsbee.  However, the one nobody seems to be mentioning is on the play that Silsbee fumbled & gave Kville the ball for the winning TD.  Didn't anyone notice Donavan Harris calling time-out right in front of the ref as well as Sils coaches calling for time-out and the ref ignored all of them.  Sils only had 10 men on the field for that play.

Regardless, it was a very good and exciting game that was won by a Kville team that did what they needed to do.  Congrats.

By the way, the refs were from the Beaumont pool.

I guess next time he won't hold the ball out like that before he goes into the end zone

This was a great game!  Back and forth all night long!  Yes, the refs were  a bit too inconsistant!  Penalties on both sides that weren't called.  I feel that they waited untill the game was on the line to start throwing the hankies!  Something that hurt both teams at times and ultimitly Silsbee!  I agree with the post on the called block in the back!  From the k-ville side it looked like a hold more than anything!  As for the TD fumble; I was sitting on that corner of the field and it was very close!  Could have gone either way!  It did look like he fumbled it before he got in and the ball crossed the plain around where the pylon was before it was knocked down.  I feel that if the pylon would have been standing it would have been clearer!  I was glad to see the players on both sides play hard all game and not see any foolishness!  Both teams and coaches showed alot of class through the game!  Good luck to the Tigers next week!  Gonna be another good one!  Good job Cats! 

Both teams played a hard game. Kirbyvillle defense has been inconsistent all year long and I was really worried about this game. Both teams made alot of mistakes and I think Kirbyville made the most especially with the turnovers and clock management. Losing coach Barbay really hurt us, this new coach need to get his head in the game and make some adjustments when needed.

Both teams played a hard game. Kirbyvillle defense has been inconsistent all year long and I was really worried about this game. Both teams made alot of mistakes and I think Kirbyville made the most especially with the turnovers and clock management. Losing coach Barbay really hurt us, this new coach need to get his head in the game and make some adjustments when needed.

I applaud you on that statement Balla.

Guest Silsbee88

I don't care what anyone says this was a good game.  There was missed calls on both sides of the ball.  Yes the refs missed the call on the td by Johnson, the called back td by Castle on block in the back should have been a hold call (both carry the same penalty), the one that really gets me is the personal foul right at the end for hitting out of bounds - that was bs - if Silsbee had not hit Roades he would have never left the playing field.  The missed call on the td by Johnson resulted in Silsbee D holding and a Kirbyville punt and Silsbee scored on the next possession.  Silsbee had several opportunities to finish this game with a W, but Kirbyville kept playing and playing hard.  As far as the statement about the most penalties that Kirbyville has been called for all year - any time you get in a game where the competition is equal to or greater than yours - penalties are certain.  Every game that is played there is a certain amount of holding etc. that goes unnoticed - its part of the game.  Kirbyville played a very good football game and never quit.  Silsbee just has to hold on to the football!!!!  Good luck to Kirbyville in the playoffs, and Johnson and COMPANY better show up with their best game of the year for Jasper.  The Bulldogs definately know whats on the line for them.  BTW, I was very pleased to see our  D stop Kirbyville the way they did in the second half.  Keep playing hard boys..... Seniors need to remember that next Friday could be their last FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHT GAME EVER UNLESS THEY BRING IT!!!!!!!

What SHS_ATW was not so eloquently referring to was Silsbee's "fumble" in the endaone which gave kirbyville a touchback. The ball clearly crossed the plan prior to the fumble it was a crucial bad call by the refs wich may have cost Silsbee the game. Not complaining or anything you can argue it, but that was a touchdown.

Scrubbie - The ball was stripped at the one and hit the pylon.  Result, correct call, touchback. 

first off, DO NOT say anything rude to granfan or kvillecheer. kvillecheer, i told you this the other day in person; think about what you say before you say it. silsbee isn't cheaters by any means.

there was bad calls by the refs on both sides of the ball. but, whoever comes out with the most points on the board at the end is the ones that get the "W" for the week. so don't moan and complain about losing.

we made plays when we have too and we gave up big plays at the same time. it's football! now on to week 10 and playoffs!

I love my tigers, but I hate excuses.  Holding and blocks in the back are not legal.  Good call.  If a ball is fumbled on the playing field and then crosses the goal line and goes out of bounds, touchback.  Ask our coaches.  The film doesn't lie.....it was a good call, touchback.  There is no such thing as a perfect officiating crew.  The crew did not change the outcome of the game.  It was turnovers, which is a legitimate way to win and lose a football game.  Our season is not over.  Hats off to Kirbyville, it was their year to beat us.

I had a problem with two calls during the game. 1. the fumble at the goalline (it may or may not have been a touchback, but the referee that called it that way was 20 yrd behind the play and way on the opposite side of the field, he was not in any way in position to make that call)2. After Silsbee's first or second TD on the kickoff K'ville muffed the kick and Silsbee recovered but K'ville was given possession.

Also, I did notice Harris signalling to and the coaches in the ear of the line judge calling for a t.o.

On offense, the Tigers are losing all 5 of their offensive lineman, 3 of their top 5 recivers but will return the qb and both rb's plus 2 recivers.

On defense, Silsbee loses 3 of 4 defensive lineman, and 3 of 4 defensive backs, but return all 4 of their linebackers and their strong safety who is probably their best defensive player.

The Tigers return some very special players on offense, Johnson at qb and Castle and Barnes at rb, plus Roundtree at reciever but will have to rebuild on the offensive line, which should be okay. They will be a smaller group up front but quicker. Having your skill players back will be a good thing.

On defense, with both ends and middle backers coming back with one other d lineman returning, Silsbee should be pretty stable on that side of the ball. They will have to come up with some defensive backs but with the likes of Castle, Barnes, and Roundtree, they should fill in accordingly.

Bottom line is, Silsbee will practically have all their playmakers back, but lose all of their interior lineman on both sides.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder