*Buna 19 Deweyville 6 FINAL/COMMENTS*

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buna wins 19-6. But a great game by the Pirates they came out fighting just couldnt hold on to it. Turnovers late got them. 2 ints and a fumble in the last 9:50 of the game. Buna did what they had to do to win in capitalizing on the mistakes. Alot closer than people thought but still comin up short. Hopefully d-ville can pull it out next week and win a district game. Congrats to Buna and a great game by the Pirates

great effort from pirates and buna, dv turned it ovr late and buna made them pay, a little surprised by poor sportsmanship displayed by buna i know coach morgan wouldnt allow this,  77 and 62 whipped the pirates all nite both big kids who really got after the pirates

poor sportsmanship??  what happened??

poor sportsmanship??  what happened??

You must have been at a different game than I was, the Pirates marched up and down the field, the offensive and defensive lines for the Pirates controlled the game, the bad sportsmanship occurred after the game when # 63 for Buna refused to shake hands with the players from Deweyville, then walked to Deweyvilles side and started jawing with their fans, this is the same player who was called for a 15 yd unsportsman like penalty earlier in the 4th qtr. chippiness occurs during every game, however, to not shake your opponents hand after the game, like every other Cougar did except this young man showed poor sportsmanship.  With that said, again, as I posted previously, you can't turn the ball over 4 times in the 4th qtr against any team and expect to win, especially a good team like Buna.

Both Buna and Deweyville had a player ejected in the 4th quarter I believe, might have been 3rd. It was #36 for Deweyville and still not sure who it was for us.  DV #36 through a punch and our kid hit back.  Don't recall seeing #63 not shaking hands or going to the DV sidelines afterwards.  We were some of the last few out of the stands.

I am very proud of this kids even though we have not won a district game so far they do not lay down for anyone we have just been snakebit by injuries all season! next week will be the last game for our 13 seniors we need everyone to come out and support this group of young men who has alot of heart!!

You must have been at a different game than I was, the Pirates marched up and down the field, the offensive and defensive lines for the Pirates controlled the game, the bad sportsmanship occurred after the game when # 63 for Buna refused to shake hands with the players from Deweyville, then walked to Deweyvilles side and started jawing with their fans, this is the same player who was called for a 15 yd unsportsman like penalty earlier in the 4th qtr. chippiness occurs during every game, however, to not shake your opponents hand after the game, like every other Cougar did except this young man showed poor sportsmanship.  With that said, again, as I posted previously, you can't turn the ball over 4 times in the 4th qtr against any team and expect to win, especially a good team like Buna.

I wasn't there; that is why I asked...but at the Buna/Hardin game I seem to recall hearing #77 taunting the Hardin crowd.  I wonder why the coaches let the Buna boys do that...it seems like I hear something about every game with Buna (I'm probably exaggerating).

Guest THE FAN

I wasn't there; that is why I asked...but at the Buna/Hardin game I seem to recall hearing #77 taunting the Hardin crowd.  I wonder why the coaches let the Buna boys do that...it seems like I hear something about every game with Buna (I'm probably exaggerating).

i dont think buna would start anything for no reason, but it was a hard fought game by both teams, lets forget about what happened and move on to this week

[move]The Fan[/move]

poor sportsmanship from buna a little but when one of the buna players #20 is laying down on the ground getting choked and scratched and kicked in the face and all he did is get up and tell the ref he never threw a punch that doesnt sound like bad sportsmanship for buna but from dv. also how about before the game kids about 10 years ld cussing the players as they warmed up and there parents just sitting up there doing nothing. then at the end of the game the fans yelling at the players as they shaked hand and callin 63 all sorts of names that doesnt sound like sportsmanship from players of fans. as for the game great job buna didnt look like yourselfs the first 3 quarters but you managed to pull yourself together to win. i think it was the same score as last year. also good job dv for playing hard

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder