*Warren 30 Anahuac 28 Final/Comments*

Guest BLEEDORANGEANDBLACK

GOOD JOB GUYS! ANYONE KNOW THE STATUS ON BRODY'S INJURIES? ALSO THE OTHER GUY THAT HURT THE BACK OF HIS NECK?OTHER THAN THE LITTLE ARGUMENT BETWEEN OUR COACHES,THIS WAS THE BEST GAME I'VE SEEN ALL YEAR.ANAHUAC HAS SOME GOOD SPEED.THE LAST QUARTER REALLY SHOWED WHAT KIND OF TEAM WE HAVE,WAY TO STICK TOGETHER! KEEP IT GOING FOR NEXT WEEK,WE CAN WIN IT.

Anahuac is glad to have him!

That's great, yall could have had him three or four years ago as far as most HD folks are concerned. Let me know if you feel that same way two years from now. I'm pretty sure you guys will be so fed up with his horrible play calling, non-utilization of players in the right areas, and lack of preperation for oppenents, that you'll be shipping him out the door too. I'm not questioning or calling out the man's character because I do not know him and I wouldnt' do that. I do know how he's ran a piss poor program with loads of talent playing at the 1A level for the past 5 or 6 years with ZERO district championships. Hull-Daisetta lost 4 of the last 5 games against West Hardin under his tenure, compared to 5 total losses to the Oilers in our entire 40+ year rivalry before he came around. Coach Slack has brought an undefeated district title to HD in his first season as head coach. Good luck and good riddens, and I'm sure you guys will improve that 2-8 record, but don't expect him to do what his father has been able to do in Newton for years and years.

That's great, yall could have had him three or four years ago as far as most HD folks are concerned. Let me know if you feel that same way two years from now. I'm pretty sure you guys will be so fed up with his horrible play calling, non-utilization of players in the right areas, and lack of preperation for oppenents, that you'll be shipping him out the door too. I'm not questioning or calling out the man's character because I do not know him and I wouldnt' do that. I do know how he's ran a piss poor program with loads of talent playing at the 1A level for the past 5 or 6 years with ZERO district championships. Hull-Daisetta lost 4 of the last 5 games against West Hardin under his tenure, compared to 5 total losses to the Oilers in our entire 40+ year rivalry before he came around. Coach Slack has brought an undefeated district title to HD in his first season as head coach. Good luck and good riddens, and I'm sure you guys will improve that 2-8 record, but don't expect him to do what his father has been able to do in Newton for years and years.

Please justify the following:

Lack of preparation for opponents, please provide examples.

Non-utilization of players, again please provide examples.

Loads of talent, please provide examples.

BTW, HD was only a 1a for the last three years of his tenure.  Not 5 or 6.  WH had some pretty good teams the last three years(but you would probably say they did not)

Guest Hatchet

Bobcat9, Check your facts!  HD was district champs one year in 1A.  Tied with Burkeville and Chester.  Get off Barbay's back.  He is not there anymore so give up your fascination with the man.  If your going to use your old high school #, wouldn't you think that you would be the best player from your school to wear that number.  C.B. you ARE NOT.

Bobcat9, Check your facts!  HD was district champs one year in 1A.  Tied with Burkeville and Chester.  Get off Barbay's back.  He is not there anymore so give up your fascination with the man.  If your going to use your old high school #, wouldn't you think that you would be the best player from your school to wear that number.  C.B. you ARE NOT.

We never beat Burkeville while he was here when we were in 1A. How many 2A district titles did he have when he was here? We were lucky enough that one season we beat Chester, and they upset Burkeville, hence the co-championship. How many years did we not even win one game in predistrict when he was here? Remember those back to back 4-6 playoff teams we had?  We would have lost to West Hardin if he was here this year as well. I'm going to drop this because he's gone and that's all that's important. If you think I'm the only one with this opinion, you are saddly mistaken. I wish him all the luck in the world in Anahauc.

As far as me using my old jersey number on this site, what does it matter? Are you the best player to ever wear you're jersey? Cedric personally asked me to wear his jersey after his senior year and I was honored to do so. Besides I dont' think me being a 5 time 1st team all-district selection, 3 time 1st team all region pick, district defensive MVP, honorable mention All-State TE as a junior and 2nd Team All-State DE as a senior was anything to blink at. I'm usually not one to bring up individual accomplishments, but there ya go. But you are right, C.B, i'm not, but I think I did ok, or at least dencent enough to use MY jersey number on a silly smack talking website.

Besides I dont' think me being a 5 time 1st team all-district selection, 3 time 1st team all region pick, district defensive MVP, honorable mention All-State TE as a junior and 2nd Team All-State DE as a senior was anything to blink at

I could care less about the arguments you all are making but I found this to be interesting.......5 time 1st team all district.............DID YOU FAIL.........or were you one of those 8th grade wonders........just curious.

I could care less about the arguments you all are making but I found this to be interesting.......5 time 1st team all district.............DID YOU FAIL.........or were you one of those 8th grade wonders........just curious.

Some of us happened to have played both ways back in the day. 3 times defensively, twice on offense. I think that counts as a five time selection. I guess it takes a rocket scientist like yourself to figure that one out.

hddemon and hatchet, you know in your hearts that Barbay was a pile of garbage during his time spent here at HD.  I agree with both you guys on most topics and I respect your opinions but come on fellas. Be honest with yourselves...... He did about as good of a job with the talent he had and the competition he played against as Russell Roberts did here at HD, and that's not saying a whole lot. The only really good coach the Bobcats have had in the last two decades is Randy Copeland, and he moved on to be the head coach at 4A Jacksonville. Maybe Barbay will turn Anahauc around, I hope he does. I just don't want the Anahauc fans getting too excited about it. He did nothing short of average while here in Bobcat land.

First of all, let me just say I agree with HDbobcats9 on everything he has said about Barbay.  Also I can say I played football with HDbobcats9 and Cedric Broussard.  I blocked for Cedric for two seasons.  And I lined up next to HDbobcats9 for 4 years.  Both players were the best at their position that I have ever seen.  Cedric as a power runner and HDbobcats9 as an All-State defensive end. And that was true that Cedric asked him to wear his jersey, I was there, I know.  As for HDbobcats9 not knowing his facts about football or the Bobcats, that is a BUNCH of crap!!!  I have been friends with him for almost 25 years, ever since kindergarden.  And I can asure you he is a true football guru. When he says something, 99% of the time you can put your money on it.  I feel like Barbay basicly has rode the coat tail of his father ever since he has started coaching, he is very over rated.  I don't feel like he would've even gotten the HD job if it weren't for his last name.  We all know his dad is a hall of fame coach.  GO BOBCATS!!

Some of us happened to have played both ways back in the day. 3 times defensively, twice on offense. I think that counts as a five time selection. I guess it takes a rocket scientist like yourself to figure that one out.

hddemon and hatchet, you know in your hearts that Barbay was a pile of garbage during his time spent here at HD.  I agree with both you guys on most topics and I respect your opinions but come on fellas. Be honest with yourselves...... He did about as good of a job with the talent he had and the competition he played against as Russell Roberts did here at HD, and that's not saying a whole lot. The only really good coach the Bobcats have had in the last two decades is Randy Copeland, and he moved on to be the head coach at 4A Jacksonville. Maybe Barbay will turn Anahauc around, I hope he does. I just don't want the Anahauc fans getting too excited about it. He did nothing short of average while here in Bobcat land.

hd bobcat9,

Please answer my questions.  I would like to know.  All you have  stated is opinion and innuendo.  Please enlighten all of us non football gurus.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty