Bracket projections

East TX

It's very early but we can guess and then update the bracket projections:

It looks like Sil. gets an easy win then plays a very good Columbus team.

It looks like H-F can win their first game and then play a tough Bellville team.

It looks like BC plays a tough Needville team, after a bye, by representing 21-3A..

Caldwell may well be in the bracket picture also.

I could find the first time they played in District play and Columbus won 3-2------

Scores:  Col. 25 Need. 14; Col. 25 Need 13; Col. 16 Need. 25; Col. 23 Need 25;  Col. 15 Need 10

I could not find the scores of the  recent match-up but since Columbus is the District winner one must assume they won the last time they met.  Both are projected to be good playoff candidates.

Tuesday night, as expected H-F topped Splendora and also Silsbee topped Kingwood Park.

Now it gets tough: Silsbee plays an excellent Columbus team.  Bridge City probably plays a tough Needville team and H-F goes against a perpetual power in Bellville.

Caldwell beat Wharton; thus, setting up a good game against Tarkington.

Well BC plays Bellville on Tuesday night in Bellville(or maybe at Klein Oaks HS?), is what I hear....  Is there a poll out there that has Bellville #1, Monahans #2, & Columbus #3?

I was proud of H-F for beating Bellville one of the four games.  Bellville has been the State Champion fairly recently when they ousted Monahans.

If BC can hang and get into the fifth game they could post a major upset!

Remember, BC turned back OF, Sil. and LaGrange in the fifth game on shear stamina, athleticism and raw strength......Bellville will be their biggest challenge of the season.

If BC were to upset Bellville then they would have to play the winner of Taylor vs China Spring.  If they would win there; then they most probably would have to play the winner of the Caldwell vs Columbus contest on the other side of the Region III bracketing.

I would look for Castroville-Medina Valley to represent Region IV and Monahans in Region I in the final four-----Regions II & III are too close a call to make a prediction    LOL

Well it happened again--conditioning of seasoned powerful athletes over came a really good Bellville team.  BC came on strong in the 4th and 5th games to pull out a win at the quarter-final level. They will now go against the winner of the Taylor vs China Springs game tonight at the regional semi-final level. 

Will someone post the score of this contest here as soon as it is posted on the UIL board or other sports forums.....Thank you....

I think Taylor may well be the winner of this match-up tonight, but at this lofty bracket level it gets harder to give a sound prediction.  LOL

Well it was China Springs that topped Taylor 3-2 that will play in the semi-finals against Bridge City.  This is a town to the northwest of Waco.  It will be played at Bryan High.

BC is a spirited bunch that will take a mighty good disciplined team to take them down at this point.  I pick BC to take out China Springs and then face that premium team from Columbus for the right to go to the final four.

Wow what a BC fan base last night at Klein Forest HS--band music!, awesome cheerleaders, a preforming Strutters drill team.  Thank you Gina Mannino for your community leadership efforts! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin