*East Chambers 34 Buna 33 Final/Comments*

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan

I had the priviledge in the parking lot after the game to speak with and congradulate a number of Buna fans. Yall have alot to be proud of, and I wish ALL THE BEST for the Coogs. I also appreciate how they returned the compliments to EC.

BTW, for what its worth, going for 2 is exactly what I would have done, too. 

Everyone that said Buna should have went for 2, was in my opinion 100% right.  Ya'll were on the road, with momentum, and EC hadn't showed they could stop ya'll on that drive.  It really was a no brainer for me.  I know this is a cliche, but its a same one team had to lose.

Best game I have seen this year. More exciting ending than the Kountze - WH game. (you had to be there) Looked like Buna had the better "Team", but EC had the bigger athletes and bigger plays. I'm glad I witnessed this one, it was awesome. Noone could predict this game. EC couldn't do anything with the Buna Line and Buna couldn't handle Thomas. The deciding factor was T. Thomas. This kid doesn't get tackled by one guy, and he IS the defense. Anyone know how many tackles he had tonight? Had to be close to 20 with 2 INT's. MAN!! That kid can go!

I don't blame Buna for going for it. They layed it all out there, just came up a little short.  Nothing to be ashamed of, people can always second guess, hind sight being 20/20. (maybe better than 20/20 if hindsight gets lasik).  But anyway,I totally respect Buna for going for it.

I agree this time. They completely had no reason to feel they couldn't win in OT. But the kicker missed a PAT early in the game. Could have called it eitherway. Buna and EC showed up to play football. Tramain is awsome. No other way to describe him. Buna has a few good quality players on offense themselves. Holmes#32, Smith#20, The QB#5, #11,#9, they are good. Their Defense hits hard. Both teams hit hard. I was surprise to see what good shape these kids are in. They have alot of two way stars, which is exspected in 2a. But over all, I really wasn't dissapointed. GOOD LUCK to both teams in playoffs ;)

Great game guys. I believe going for two at the end was a good call. If we make it the coaches are saints, if not they get second guessed the whole year. Good job coaches and players.

I never intended to question Buna's coach, just stating my (obviously minority) opinion.  I felt that Buna could have moved the ball in OT.  Hey, this was a game for the ages and will be relived the rest of these young men's lives.  Some of these kids will be best friends with someone they butted heads with last night.  Great job by both teams!

Guest ECBucFan

I believe going for two at the end was a good call. If we make it the coaches are saints, if not they get second guessed the whole year.

I hope no one in Buna second guesses Morgan. He played to win. I salute that!

I hope no one in Buna second guesses Morgan. He played to win. I salute that!

Amen to that.  I would have gone for 2 in that situation also.  Buna played with great intensity for wut seemed like the southeast texas Super Bowl.  Good job to both teams with the sportsmanship.  EC and Buna both played to win but unfortunately only one could come away undefeated.  Both teams WILL go far in post season.  Possibly 2 state prospects.  Go Cougars and Bucs.

The coaches and the boys decided together to go for 2.  The boys wanted the 2.  I think it was a good idea to try.  It was a great game and I believe both teams were tested and this should help both teams go far into the playoffs. Congrats to both teams!  Now both teams need to put it behind them and start looking at the games for next week.

I understand he cussed at the referee.

no he didnt cuz at the ref he picked up TT and slamed him after TT tried to break 64 leg.  even though that doesnt sound like him he was i was standing right there when he did it and 63 did the right thing by sticking up for his teammate

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder