*East Chambers 34 Buna 33 Final/Comments*

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan

Insane game!!! EC had NO answer for an awesome Buna O-line, Buna had NO answer for Thomas. EC made a ton of mistakes defensivly, and Buna played out of their minds. This was one for the ages. Congrats to EC for doing enough to win, and an awesome Buna Cougar team. I support Buna 110% in the playoffs.  :D :D :D    Go Coogs, GO BUCS!   ;D ;D ;D

Insane game!!! EC had NO answer for an awesome Buna O-line, Buna had NO answer for Thomas. EC made a ton of mistakes defensivly, and Buna played out of their minds. This was one for the ages. Congrats to EC for doing enough to win, and an awesome Buna Cougar team. I support Buna 110% in the playoffs.  :D :D :D    Go Coogs, GO BUCS!   ;D ;D ;D

I thought the Bucs defensed the run fairly well but struggled against the pass. Both teams played hard with several *strange* officiating calls during the last 2 minutes. Both teams benefitted from officiating decisions.

Great game.

Scoring summary

EC -- Tramain Thomas 3-yard run. PAT Kick ( Carlos Trevino ), 06:44, 1st.

BUN -- Ryan Sheppard 51-yard pass to Anthony Smith. PAT Kick ( Kyle Clark ), 01:08, 1st.

EC -- Tramain Thomas 58-yard run. PAT Kick ( Carlos Trevino ), 00:01, 1st.

BUN -- Aaron Carr 9-yard run. PAT Failed kick ( ), 04:45, 2nd.

EC -- Tramain Thomas 3-yard run. PAT Failed kick ( ), 00:01, 2nd.

BUN -- Brian Holmes 1-yard run. PAT Kick ( Kyle Clark ), 07:58, 3rd.

EC -- Tramain Thomas 3-yard run. PAT Kick ( Carlos Trevino ), 02:24, 3rd.

EC -- Carlos Trevino 40-yard interception. PAT Kick ( Carlos Trevino ), 00:01, 3rd.

BUN -- Ryan Sheppard 21-yard pass to Trenton Allen. PAT Kick ( Kyle Clark ), 07:11, 4th.

BUN -- Ryan Sheppard 1-yard run. PAT Failed 2 Pt Run ( ), 01:06, 4th.

Team Stats

Buna  East Chambers

Total yards    412          317

First downs      22          17

Rushes/Yds    49/266    36/239

Average rush  5.43      6.64

Comp/Atts      7/13      5/9

Pass yards      146        78

Comp pct      53.85    55.56

Punts              2          1

Punting Yards  48          40

Punting Average 24        40

Fumbles/Lost    3/1        1/1

Penalties-yards 9-84    6-53

The EC/Buna game was one for the ages.  I was really impressed at the team Buna had, and their ability to consistently move the ball on EC all night.  I have to say, any Buna fan could easily make the argument that they totally outplayed the Bucs, and should have won the game.  But in saying all that, the EC "Fighting Tramain Thomas's" came out on top and should go on an win the district.

I also agree with a previous post about the officiating.  Its was bad, but not in the since that they favored one team.  Just alot of penalties, conferences, and delays.  Really disrupted the flow of the game.

My hat goes off to both teams.  Both should go on to win a few games in the playoffs.  Good luck the rest of the way to the Cougars and Bucs!!!!!

This was a great game.  Hard hitting, a real battle.  Buna was much faster than I anticpated.  Thomas had a rough time, but was the difference.  Felt like Buna should have went for the tie.  Some questionable calls.  Best game I've seen in years, well worth the trip.

That was probably the best game of the year. Both teams played awesome. There is no way anyone can say which team is the better team. Both teams should hold their head high, on the score board E.C. won but both teams play one heck of a game. The people that won was the fans from both sides that got to watch an awesome game. Congrats to both teams for a very hard fought game and good luck to both in the playoff.

You dont go for the tie on the road, you go for the win

I don't blame Buna for going for it. They layed it all out there, just came up a little short.  Nothing to be ashamed of, people can always second guess, hind sight being 20/20. (maybe better than 20/20 if hindsight gets lasik).  But anyway,I totally respect Buna for going for it.

I am probably wrong but i think that Coach Morgan let the team decide whether or not to go for the tie or the win. The fans couldn't decide what they would do either, i know i heard several say go for the tie and several say go for the win. The cougars will bounce back strong and i hope the bucs does not have a mental let down.

it was a great game.. had me on the edge of my seat the whole time... I can't wait to see how district 24-AA represents itself in the playoffs. EC did get a little lucky but to say Buna didn't is a false statement.  The offsides call on the 1st onside kick at the end of the game and the ball hitting the EC guy in the back on the punt we lucky plays as well.

I am probably wrong but i think that Coach Morgan let the team decide whether or not to go for the tie or the win. The fans couldn't decide what they would do either, i know i heard several say go for the tie and several say go for the win. The cougars will bounce back strong and i hope the bucs does not have a mental let down.

That might be what I would have done also.  Ask my boys what they want to do, knowing they will want to "go for it".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder