*PN-G 14 Vidor 7 Final/Comments*

I went to this game last night. I had a couple of buddies in from around Dallas. They wanted to watch PNG play down here. Anyway we had to all agree that it appeared PNG showed up flat. They didnt play like they have the last numerous games. Me and my buddies opinions (one a former offensive coordinator for a div 2 college), Qb made some flip plays that he should have held onto, one which resulted in a vidor TD. Also I thought the O line was not blocking very well, they looked flat. Vidors D was in the back field alot last night espically on pass plays.  Png's QB had to squirm around to avoid sacks. Vidors D line looked like they were dominating PNG's O line at times.  There were to many bad snaps from the center. I dont know if it was the cold or just a problem between the center and QB. Hemmings is a monster while running. Wright is very explosive around the corners. Cant wait to see him break one for 80 yards. PNG's passing game was just ok. Good pass to Johnson for a td that was called back. We all agreed that the defense held onto the game for PNG. Defense needs some secondary work though. Overall I thought PNG walked out of there with a lucky win. They could have easily lost to Vidor. A few penalties called differently.   PNG needs to work hard this coming week to beat Central. Vidor is going to be a good team over the next 2 years with the group of kids they had on the field last night !!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vidor definitely came to play ball last night. Pirates looked like they were on a mission.  GREAT halftime !  Did have a problem with the refs calls.......they didn't seem to have their heads in the game. 

yall had a problem with the refs???  Heck what about when you score the game tying touchdown with a minute to go and your team gets flagged for holding??  >:( >:(

But seriously they were bad on both sides.I seen some bad calls yall got and bad calls we got.one where one ref called  a punt that landed at the 1 yard line down*(which was on his side) and the other goofball came from the other side and called it a touch back..

It was a great game and Hemmings is the best back I seen all year.Lumberton can say what they want about there's ,but Hemmings is the real deal..

You can call holding on every play if you wanted to.It's just a decision on the official..The flag came late..Usually if it is clearly holding then the Ref will have thrown the flag quick right where the holding took place..Last night he just kinda dropped it..

regardless it was  a good game and it could have went either way.We made some young mistakes regarding penalties last night and it cost us..

yall had a problem with the refs???  Heck what about when you score the game tying touchdown with a minute to go and your team gets flagged for holding??  >:( >:(

But seriously they were bad on both sides.I seen some bad calls yall got and bad calls we got.one where one ref called  a punt that landed at the 1 yard line down*(which was on his side) and the other goofball came from the other side and called it a touch back..

It was a great game and Hemmings is the best back I seen all year.Lumberton can say what they want about there's ,but Hemmings is the real deal..

The kid touched the ball at the one and it went into the endzone where he fell on it. That is a touchback. The ref crew was lost all night. That was the first time I have ever seen a series start at the 20 after a touchback and the team make it PAST the 30 and the refs call for a measurement. I knew it was going to be a long night then. On the hold on Vidor's TD the gurd was holding our tackle by the back of his jersey. That is why Franklin was running as he threw. He was being chased by a guy that was being held. Overall we played a sloppy game, but i think the turnovers had more to do with Vidor being aggressive and jumping our snap count. The Vidor defense played tough. Good game on both sides. I never really saw any dirty play either. Maybe Vidor will be this years Lumberton in a couple of years with all the soph. they have starting. Also, awesome halftime show.

Why all the complaints about the holding call on Vidor to call back a TD when only a few minutes earlier PNG had a 50 yd bomb for a TD called back for the same thing?  It happened to both teams. And I still haven't heard any comment on the intentional grounding call when Tatum was CLEARLY outside the tackles (almost out of bounds) when he throws to Doty and misses him by 5 yds.  That is NOT intentional grounding.

Those refs were clueless last night.  They hurt PNG with "strange" penalties, much more so than Vidor.

I think it is quiet funny how anyone from MC could get on here and complain about officiating. Everyone in this area knows that MC schools have had there share of home cooking in the past. The schools going over to play in MC wont even use the local chapter when they play there. If coaches thought the local officials were fair we would not have to get people from Houston and Dallas.

Unfortunately there are bad/missed calls in every game.  It's just more frustrating for the loser because who knows what could've been if the call had been called correctly or not called at all, whichever the case may be. Especially in a close game. I didn't see this game so I can't say anything about the refs...but if the score had been flip-flopped would PNG be using this as an excuse for not winning? I'm just saying that it's easy to use these calls as excuses when either you lost by a close margin or you didn't win by as much as you wanted to. We all do it. Like I said, it's frustrating because it takes things out of the players hands and put everyone at the will of the refs. And it's sometimes hard to remember that they are human and make mistakes. Too bad we don't live in a perfect world :D

Unfortunately there are bad/missed calls in every game.  It's just more frustrating for the loser because who knows what could've been if the call had been called correctly or not called at all, whichever the case may be. Especially in a close game. I didn't see this game so I can't say anything about the refs...but if the score had been flip-flopped would PNG be using this as an excuse for not winning? I'm just saying that it's easy to use these calls as excuses when either you lost by a close margin or you didn't win by as much as you wanted to. We all do it. Like I said, it's frustrating because it takes things out of the players hands and put everyone at the will of the refs. And it's sometimes hard to remember that they are human and make mistakes. Too bad we don't live in a perfect world :D

I was at the game and did not think it was that bad. Holding can be called on every play in high school football and usually is not unless it affects the play. In the case of the touchdowns called back on both sides i thought there was holding on both. I think some are complaing about the officials because they did not beat us as bad as they thought they would. Like I said this Vidor team is improving and is very young with as many as 8 to 10 soph on the field at one time our day is coming.

Guest Uhhh What?

Why all the complaints about the holding call on Vidor to call back a TD when only a few minutes earlier PNG had a 50 yd bomb for a TD called back for the same thing?  It happened to both teams. And I still haven't heard any comment on the intentional grounding call when Tatum was CLEARLY outside the tackles (almost out of bounds) when he throws to Doty and misses him by 5 yds.  That is NOT intentional grounding.

Those refs were clueless last night.  They hurt PNG with "strange" penalties, much more so than Vidor.

You are right about the holding call against PNG on  a TD pass, but the intentional grounding was a good call.  Tatum was not even close to being out of bounds.  He was near the hash marks.  Probably looked closer to the sideline from the Visitors side, but honestly he was not even close.

There were alot of flags last night, and they really, really affected the flow of the game for both teams.

You are right about the holding call against PNG on  a TD pass, but the intentional grounding was a good call.  Tatum was not even close to being out of bounds.  He was near the hash marks.  Probably looked closer to the sideline from the Visitors side, but honestly he was not even close.

There were alot of flags last night, and they really, really affected the flow of the game for both teams.

All he has to be is outside the tackle box. He threw it within a few yards of Doty. The question was whether the ball made it back to the LOS.

The grounding penality happened right in front of were I sit and was a good call if he would have threw the ball across the line of scrimage he would have been alright the official came over ask the line judge were it landed then threw the flag thats why there was a slight delay in the flag coming out

The grounding penality happened right in front of were I sit and was a good call if he would have threw the ball across the line of scrimage he would have been alright the official came over ask the line judge were it landed then threw the flag thats why there was a slight delay in the flag coming out

Exactly. I am not sure about the rule when the WR is in the area. I am assuming it has to make it past the LOS even if the intended WR is standing at the LOS and it falls just short of him.

The only call I had a problem with was the 15 yarder on Doty. He did not spike the ball, he did not get in anyones face, he slammed the ball on the ground as he was getting up. I guess being excited about a big play is taunting. If they want to call it that close then #49 should have caught a flag for taunting the stands and and our sideline. Like I said, he got a pat on the back.

Exactly. I am not sure about the rule when the WR is in the area. I am assuming it has to make it past the LOS even if the intended WR is standing at the LOS and it falls just short of him.

The only call I had a problem with was the 15 yarder on Doty. He did not spike the ball, he did not get in anyones face, he slammed the ball on the ground as he was getting up. I guess being excited about a big play is taunting. If they want to call it that close then #49 should have caught a flag for taunting the stands and and our sideline. Like I said, he got a pat on the back.

4 yard  short OF LOS  Doty was pass that (GOOD CALL)

#49 made this pirate fan  EMBARRASSED :-[ :-[ :-[

I think it is quiet funny how anyone from MC could get on here and complain about officiating. Everyone in this area knows that MC schools have had there share of home cooking in the past. The schools going over to play in MC wont even use the local chapter when they play there. If coaches thought the local officials were fair we would not have to get people from Houston and Dallas.

Out of all the post's this has to be the funniest and most contradicting................First, you say MC schools get home cooking??  Then you say schools going to Mid-County don't.....excuse me.....wont use the local chapter when they play there.............So that would mean you are saying crews comming from Houston and Dallas are in favor of Mid-County winning??........You ever wonder maybe these crews might be 'left overs' from their own area for a reason??  If they are good crew members in Houston or Dallas they would already be on someones schedule for those Fridays...........think about it.......

Game is over, what a great game it was!!!! And if I'm not mistaken it was NOT played in Mid-County............lol

And I agree.....Matthews had his kids well prepared!!

I have to agree Vidor did play a great game on the defensive side.  Ya'll were in PNG's backfield alot and in the qb's face alot as well.  We noticed your D went up the middle alot with your nose guard and linebackers.  Vidor did prepare defensively for PNG.  Good job,  Vidor will be good next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder