Big Week for 24-2A!!!

Hardin and Kountze battle it out for the third place spot.  EC and Buna go to war for first place.  Anahuac and Deweyville will compete for a single win in district and Warren is on vacation.

What will happen?  My predictions:

Kountze over Hardin  34-14  Kountze has the speed to match up with Hardin and they will keep pressure on the QB.

Buna over EC  42-35  Buna is very disciplined and they play hard.  As long as they don't turn the ball over too much, they will beat EC.

Anahuac over Deweyville 14-7  Anahuac is coming around.  They are playing hard right now even though playoffs are out of the picture.

Buna over EC  42-35  Buna is very disciplined and they play hard.  As long as they don't turn the ball over too much, they will beat EC.

Tough game for both teams

EC won't give up 35 points.  I think EC wins by 3 TD's...  I have watched quite a few EC games.  If you look at the box scores on their games you will see that almost all of the opponents scores come late in the 4th quarter of the games.  I am not saying that this exclusively because of subs playing but it is somewhat of a factor in games that they have large leads going into the 4th quarter.  I don't think they will be putting subs into this game for experience unless again they have a large lead so I don't see Buna scoring 35 points. 

Hardin and Kountze battle it out for the third place spot.  EC and Buna go to war for first place.  Anahuac and Deweyville will compete for a single win in district and Warren is on vacation.

What will happen?  My predictions:

Kountze over Hardin  34-14  Kountze has the speed to match up with Hardin and they will keep pressure on the QB.

Anahuac over Deweyville 14-7  Anahuac is coming around.  They are playing hard right now even though playoffs are out of the picture.

Buna gave up over 400yds in the air against Hardin,and 2 TDs against Anauhac. Anauhac only crossed mid-field-2 times, 1 time on a penelty against EC.People are not giving EC's Def. enough credit.Buna has not played anyone with the speed that EC has on Def. It will be one H@#L of a game

,but I have to go with EC on this one.34-17. WRITE IT DOWN.

My pick goes to EC.  Here is the reason:

They are the reigning champs.  They stay champs in my mind until someone knocks them off.  Maybe it is Buna, maybe not.  But as of today EC are champs of 24-2A.  Look at the district standing over the past couple years.  You'll notice a trend.  It is not a coincidence.

There are certain teams in this area that you just should not pick against once district starts.  EC, Newton, and WOS come right to mind. (Barring odd stretches like when EC and Newton

Pick against them in a district game and you will be right about once every 10 years or so.  Perhaps this is the rare district loss for EC.  Me, I'm sticking with the champs.

Good points Hotrodg.

18-1 over the last 2 years.

8-0 against 3-A competition.

9-0 in district.

Only loss against the state champs.

TT won't let them lose.

Buna has talent and I'm sure they'll be ready to play. It could be a close game if things work out for them (i.e. ball control). But it wouldn't suprise me if they get overwhelmed early and it's over by half. That's happened several times already this year when teams get down against EC and try to throw, which plays right into EC's strength.

Guest THE FAN

Buna gave up over 400yds in the air against Hardin,and 2 TDs against Anauhac. Anauhac only crossed mid-field-2 times, 1 time on a penelty against EC.People are not giving EC's Def. enough credit.Buna has not played anyone with the speed that EC has on Def. It will be one H@#L of a game

,but I have to go with EC on this one.34-17. WRITE IT DOWN.

Anahuac only scored 6 points while buna had 42, could have been in the 50s

Kountze doesn't have the size or speed in the secondary to match up with Hardin.If all Hardin's weapons are playing theY win this one by a couple of TD'S.Kountze is good against the run thats why they played Buna close.The are vulnerable to the pass and Hardin will throw it 45 times in this one.

Hardin-35

Kountze-20

ya buna is gonna score....just dont know how much though....I think that kountze has the speed...that was one game and there was a lot of mistakes on the kountze lions and stuff...not taking anything away from warren cause they gave the lions a test and that was to see if they can come back and they did...but kountze doesnt need to let hardin score that much to have catch up with them...But when i went to go watch the Hardin/Warren game probably around 95% of the time they threw to that one receiver....im sure someone can stop him from ktz....that marsh kid...if nolan or stelly gets popped a couple of times from number 77 from ktz. he is gonna be hurtin...any of the kountze's front line....but the thing is that hardin has good pass protection though...thats gonna be a test right there....Lions D-line vs. Hornets O-Line..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder