Silsbee at Lumberton 1/8

I see Mr McClure had 42 & 16 last night.   Friday will be interesting.  It is really tough to handle the waves of pressure that Silsbee throws at you for an entire game.   I expect Brock will perform admirably, much like I hear Boudreaux from BC did last night against the Tigers.  When you have seasoned, 3 and 4 year starters, it certainly helps.  

This game will be the one to watch.   Regardless, I think this is the 1-2 matchup most of us expected at the beginning of the season.  Hope both teams have a competitive, healthy game. 

There's an easy formula for frustrating and beating Silsbee this year.

Simply get a lead (any kind of lead) then slow the game down and run your half court offense. Only take good shots or attempt lay ups. Take a good minute off the clock each time if you really want to frustrate some Tigers. Run all of this through McClure, and maybe the Raiders will pull this one out.

Sounds simple enough in theory.

Whether or not Lumberton has the personnel to pull this off remains to be seen.

We start two freshman and two sophomores, so we are very young. We also have a lot of improving to do. I hope we approach this game like it's a win or go home playoff game Friday night.

Looking forward to this game! I’m 100% Silsbee, but I’m a huge fan of McClure as well. This is going to be a battle. I believe that Silsbee has the better team but McClure is big time. Lumberton has a couple kids that can hit open shots in the corner so if Lumberton can handle the pressure, I can see them making it a game. Plus they have a kid or two that are big football boys that bang inside.  Miller and Harris are big time as well, so we will see what happens. I do not see it being more than a 8 point game and I do not see it being a high scoring game. 

I really hope Silsbee can get this rebounding thing figured out eventually. One of the big areas we need to improve on.

Seems like every other game we can't get a rebound to save our lives. There's games where we do well and other games where everyone's flat footed and motionless.

It ain't a size thing either. Center had three 6'6 kids and that was probably one of our best rebounding games.

I'd pack the paint with Jones and Williams at the same time and see how that works.

And I'm assuming protocol for Raider games is about the same as Silsbee. Don't want to get there and be told to go home.

29 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I really hope Silsbee can get this rebounding thing figured out eventually. One of the big areas we need to improve on.

Seems like every other game we can't get a rebound to save our lives. There's games where we do well and other games where everyone's flat footed and motionless.

It ain't a size thing either. Center had three 6'6 kids and that was probably one of our best rebounding games.

I'd pack the paint with Jones and Williams at the same time and see how that works.

And I'm assuming protocol for Raider games is about the same as Silsbee. Don't want to get there and be told to go home.

Lumberton is only taking the district pass no tickets at the door from what has been said.