For our friends at Lumberton a poll for all who have watched PN-G play this year

akifan94

For those of you who have watched Jake Hemmings is he....  

65 members have voted

1. 1. For those of you who have watched Jake Hemmings is he....

• A big slow back
    • A big back with deceptive speed
    • A big back with good speed and some elusiveness

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Lumberton fans.. I am a Nederland fan and will give you a little info on your misconception about Hemmings being a BIG and SLOW back. It is not the case. And, he is not all that PN-G has at all. Hemmings is a big, powerful runner that has above average speed when he gets thru the line. I'd say 4.6-4.65 range which is pretty fast for a 225-230 lb. back. He is not all that they have either. I felt like Wright #9 hurt us more than Hemmings did. He got the corner every time he wanted it. He has speed, I would say 4.5-4.55 range. Tatum is a solid QB. They rely on their running game and their defense, but he has a good arm and two solid WR's in Doty and Johnson. They also have a TE that can catch. If you think that PN-G is just one player, then you are in for a surprise. They have two good backs, a good QB, two good WR's, a solid TE, and a tough defense against the run. Both of these teams can stop the run. i think whoever THROWS the ball better and wins the turnover battle will win this game. These two teams are like mirror images of one another in my opinion

anybody that thinks Hemmings is not good should recall last years game against the Raiders.  he had 168 yards on 22 carries and Tezeno had 74 yards on 14.  The difference is we are WAY better on D and can actually tackle this year.     

Good post, raidernation. The Lumberton defense has got to be the most improved defense in the area.

anybody that thinks Hemmings is not good should recall last years game against the Raiders.  he had 168 yards on 22 carries and Tezeno had 74 yards on 14.  The difference is we are WAY better on D and can actually tackle this year.     

Thanks raidernation for a realistic post. for maverick to say he is nothing but a big slow back and is all we got makes him lose all credibility to me.

Guest maverick24

You act like I disrespected the player I said he was a Big slow Powerfull Runner. I also said he was a Good RB but to stop acting like he was a speedster. I read on a lot of post that he would run away from the Lumberton D That wont happen. It is not a disrespect thing Our C Hussey is a strong Powerful runner and a great Back but doesnt have 4.4 speed and you will hear me say he will run you over but never will I say he is the fastest player on the field. It is funny when someone diagrees with a PNG fan they take about half of the comment and beg for others to agree with what they said. You say this isnt for Lumberton fans but it says FOR OUR FRIENDS AT LUMBERTON.

I agree That comment about that should not be mentioned. No matter what he thinks!

I think I am going to go Friday night just to see hemming run right through the heart of that tough L-train defense... If you guys think he is slow you haven't seen him play... He is a big fast powerful running back.

VERY BAD MOVE BHAWK... YOU SHOULD NOT CALL OUT A PLAYER ON THIS BOARD

You act like I disrespected the player I said he was a Big slow Powerfull Runner. I also said he was a Good RB but to stop acting like he was a speedster. I read on a lot of post that he would run away from the Lumberton D That wont happen. It is not a disrespect thing Our C Hussey is a strong Powerful runner and a great Back but doesnt have 4.4 speed and you will hear me say he will run you over but never will I say he is the fastest player on the field. It is funny when someone diagrees with a PNG fan they take about half of the comment and beg for others to agree with what they said. You say this isnt for Lumberton fans but it says FOR OUR FRIENDS AT LUMBERTON.

I agree That comment about that should not be mentioned. No matter what he thinks!

Who ever said he was the fastest player on the field? WHo ever said 4.4? You started it by calling a big slow runner. It is a good thing your coach is not as football ignorant as some of the lumb. fans.

Guest BIG HOUSE

J.Hemmings is a very good back.....Only about 215lb.(not 225-230).  Has good speed for that size...will be a challenge for the Raider defense.....that being said,these guys are ready...he will not repeat last years effort.....This defense is way better than that..

Good luck Jake.....and PNG...you'll need it ;D

Well, PN-G and Lumberton are the only fans talking right now. If you do not like it .. don't read it.

Why don't you and ALL of the others use this advice! It just seems to be OK for PNG or Nederland to have every other thread on here, but when Lumberton has a few ya'll cry.......but what's new?

Why don't you and ALL of the others use this advice! It just seems to be OK for PNG or Nederland to have every other thread on here, but when Lumberton has a few ya'll cry.......but what's new?

Who are you talkng to? I started the thread. If I recall you complained about it.

Hemmings is big and he is very quick, especially when he has a couple of steps to build speed. I was really impressed by him Friday night. He is not the kind of back that you want to take on one on one, head to head because he will lower his CG and punish you for taking him head on. If he is running North and South I dont care who you are, you better wrap up, tie up his legs and wait on help because if you think you are going to form tackle him you are going to be in for a rude awakening. He has excellent power and he does have another gear in the open field. There was one run in particular that he made against Nederland where he broke clear of the line and instantly hit the next gear, and just left everyone in his dust. In that type of situation where he is ruinning straight down hill, in a 40-50 yd dash to the end zone no one is going to catch him.  The best thing you can do is get him running sideways, if you can make him run side to side you can shut him down, but then you have to deal with Wright who is smaller but has excellent speed and a knack for finding a way to turn the corner. They are a great 1-2 punch and with PNG's line really blocking well they are going to be really tough to stop consistantly.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami