buck or duck which is more fun

Wildfire

At 40 I've just got back into duck hunting it is a young mans sport, I did it for my kids and dogs. lived here all of my life and twenty two years out of the marsh we as a hole have some nice toys ,when i was 18 we wore converse and cheap rubber wader's today neopreme ,prodrive,hyperdrive, godevil,nice toys. One of the best pics and mem. is of one morning watching the sun come up just over the water &grass birds started flying the dog is alert an whining and my11 year old son an 16 year old daughter with me and says just think GOD may this day just for us.We brought home five ducks that day. my kids work with me in training and working our labs.And yes we deer hunt in west Texas and I haven't shot a buck in four years but my wife and three kids have .my sixteen yr old girl shot a buck scored 140 and 20" inside she beats my best. that same morning my 76 yr old father shot his best of 20" outside main frame 8 with a 3" kicker. And me I'm just glad my oldman  loved the outdoors enough to teach me so i can share with my kids and to be able to still do it with all of us still together don't know to many families that can say that.     

Outlaw you took the words right out of my mouth!  My little girl isn't old enough to enjoy the outdoors, but I am thankful that my dad and grandfather's loved the outdoors enough to teach me about them also.  Nothing pleases me more to now own guns passed down to me from a late grandfather, and to see my 82 yr old grandfather enjoy Dove hunting and tell old hunting stories.

• 3 months later...

For me it would probably be duck hunting. I do both and love them, but it isn't just the thought of seeing some wood ducks coming or some nice pintails its all that comes before. I love it when you put all that hard work and sometimes money into a lab, Working with it everyday. And then going out in the paddle boat, and as soon as that first one hits the water seeing that head out of the water with a duck. Thats why i [glow=red,2,300]love[/glow] it!

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing like a good duck hunt and in fact use to hunt at Fitchgeralds place in the EC area years ago. Nothing like early duck season and being out in the marsh. Not a real avid hunter but enjoyed hearing the fellers call'em in and watch the dogs work.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder