Lamar trivia question

Guest abovetherim

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abovetherim

It's been awhile since I saw you on here professor. Your answer with an assist from LJ is correct. Wichita State won I think 70-65 and they had a great player named the X-man. Awesome player!

Staying with the Montagne Center, what was the construction cost of building the facility?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest abovetherim

After our men's and women's teams get blown out of their respective contest I thought now would be a good time to ask another trivia question. The Lamar men's basketball team has had three players voted Newcomer of the Year. 1. Name the players. 2. Name the conference. 3. State the years the awards were received.

Answer to the prior question was $13 million dollars for construction of the Montagne Center. It was built in 18 months. Seating capacity for basketball is 10,080.

Guest coachacola

The Montagne Center was also the last publicly-funded college athletic facility in Texas.  Now you have to raise the money through donations or fees.  If they hadn't built the Montagne Center when they did Lamar would probably still be playing at the Civic Center or Ford Park.

Guest abovetherim

Made a mistake on the trivia question. Lamar has had four Newcomers of the Year. Last season Lamar Sanders won the award in the SLC. Still looking for the other three players. One hint. 2 of the players were back-to-back picks with Lamar playing in the SLC.

Guest abovetherim

Okay Junior, this one is just for you because it involves your dad's favorite team. In 1994, Lamar played UT at Vincent-Beck Stadium. I'll give you three huge hints since you are my nephew. 1. Lamar beat the Longhorns in 1994. 2. The Cardinals won the game by over 10 runs. 3. Lamar scored less than 16 but over 12.  Now, I just need the score.

Guest abovetherim

Well, tell your dad Lamar has about a tenth of the athletic budget the Longhorn have. However, we can play this way. Lamar beat UT in a regional in Austin. No hints this time. Name the year and the score.  :'(

Well, tell your dad Lamar has about a tenth of the athletic budget the Longhorn have. However, we can play this way. Lamar beat UT in a regional in Austin. No hints this time. Name the year and the score.  :'(

Is this just for Junior, because Trey Rinando was lights out that day.  ;D

Guest abovetherim

Well, you are correct Lamar beat both Arkansas and UT at the Austin regional. Versus Arkansas the Cardinals won 3-2 and after the Longhorns beat Lamar 3-7, LU came back and beat UT 6-2. The Cardinals fell to a great Longhorn team after playing in 100 plus heat and a long delay for a ruling on the field. In the final game, LU lost 3-6.

The rebounding one...James Gulley?    No...wait, it's the guy from Silsbee.  Why is it I can remember the one that transferred to Tennessee but I can't remember the on that stayed and had the better basketball.  Was it Julius something??  I can see him...left handed 6'6" and athletic.  Wait...I think I got it...Jules Wells???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami