Beaumont Central at Lumberton Predictions?

Guest TravelingBandsman

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not trying to down or discourage the athletes from Lumberton. I know that this season has been long coming for the Lumberton faithful.  I am happy for yall... I think yall will make the playoffs. However there are Lumberton fans that are getting way ahead of themselves. I don't believe Yall have beaten a team with more than 1 or 2 win under there belt. Yall have beaten teams that suck other than dayton... they were very short handed when yall played them.

Like I said.. beat Central and you have a very good team and very good shot at the district crown. 

regardless whether we beat this team or not doesnt mean that we dont have a good team. We have great athletes all in this district and everyone is a good team and will be a great challenge to all.

you know whut?

I'm tired of hearing if Lumberton beats this team then they're for real..

I think they're for real and I think they take central in this one, should be interesting

keep doing what you're doing Lumberton

We do not "hate" Lumberton--but you have ONE quality win against an injury riddled team(Cody Green, Greg Charles, Evan Brown,Dylan Bethea)--your other victories are garbage--go out and beat Central and you will have another quality win and maybe a lot more respect

We do not "hate" Lumberton--but you have ONE quality win against an injury riddled team(Cody Green, Greg Charles, Evan Brown,Dylan Bethea)--your other victories are garbage--go out and beat Central and you will have another quality win and maybe a lot more respect

it doesn't matter how injury riddled your team is. if you have 10 false starts, two dropped touchdowns, and two fumbles.. you SHOULD lose the game.. regardless. we won because we wanted it more. looks like ya'lls INJURY RIDDLED team didn't have any trouble beating ozen?! and surely they have better atletes than we do!!!!!

it doesn't matter how injury riddled your team is. if you have 10 false starts, two dropped touchdowns, and two fumbles.. you SHOULD lose the game.. regardless. we won because we wanted it more. looks like ya'lls INJURY RIDDLED team didn't have any trouble beating ozen?! and surely they have better atletes than we do!!!!!

I do not argue with anything you said----but forgive some of us for not believing---we hear the same thing every year and in the end the mighty Raiders are in the toilet---I wish you folks well but go win something before spouting off----

Well lets get back on the strengths and weakness topic. This same ol stuff about Lumberton falling off every year is getting old. Lets talk about the PRESENT Not the PAST!!

I know alot of this talk is not coming from Central fans but others in the area, and actually it may be a good thing to keep putting the Raiders down I think it is just adding fuel to their FIRE!!

Now lets get back on topic STRENGTHS and WEAKNESS!!

Well lets get back on the strengths and weakness topic. This same ol stuff about Lumberton falling off every year is getting old. Lets talk about the PRESENT Not the PAST!!

I know alot of this talk is not coming from Central fans but others in the area, and actually it may be a good thing to keep putting the Raiders down I think it is just adding fuel to their FIRE!!

Now lets get back on topic STRENGTHS and WEAKNESS!!

Central's greatest strength is their history which is also Lumberton's greatest weakness

Guest band of brothers

here we go with lumbertons past!, I hope everyone feels the same way you do, and takes lumberton lightly, just ask dayton how they feel about that first district loss!

here we go with lumbertons past!, I hope everyone feels the same way you do, and takes lumberton lightly, just ask dayton how they feel about that first district loss!

Probably the same way USC felt yesterday---but just like Stanford it was a one game wonder

Guest band of brothers

Probably the same way USC felt yesterday---but just like Stanford it was a one game wonder

perfect! that is the attitude we want from everyone, that we are a one game wonder!

Guest TravelingBandsman

Look at it this way. The way that Lumberton has become undefeated is how the games have fallen in all instances except one. With Dayton. They were playing an amazingly weakened Dayton team. We weren't playing the way we usually play at all out there, but your pre-district and Vidor aren't the best excuses to show that you're gonna take district. Beating a weakened Dayton team helps, but there's still a lot of opponents ahead that are gonna be much more of a challenge than what you faced against Dayton.

Hey Travelingbandsman I think it would be appropriate for you to just give the Raiders props for beating your team, and not make excuses about how weak your team was suppose to be that night. Dayton had their chance against the Raiders and we all know the results.  A wise man once told me "Excuses are for those that make them".

The end result is that the Raiders won and are now focusing on Central. You can only sit back cheer for the Raiders opponents now.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Hey Travelingbandsman I think it would be appropriate for you to just give the Raiders props for beating your team, and not make excuses about how weak your team was suppose to be that night. Dayton had their chance against the Raiders and we all know the results.  A wise man once told me "Excuses are for those that make them".

The end result is that the Raiders won and are now focusing on Central. You can only sit back cheer for the Raiders opponents now.

I'm not giving excuses. I'm stating a cold hard fact of why Dayton lost that game. We were relatively equal based on the reasoning that Lumberton was stronger and Dayton was weaker in that game. I kid you not, with Cody Green, or heck, even this Greg Charles, it most definitely would have had a different turnout. You would probably never agree with me because you're a Raider fan. You can't deny even for a second that Dayton just did not have it together out there. We were making retarded plays with bad outcomes, while Lumberton's improvements were capitalizing on this factor. I'm not saying Lumberton is a bad team, and kudos for beating Dayton, but what I'm trying to say is beating that Dayton team is not anywhere close to beating a fully powered Dayton team with no injuries and plenty of weeks of practice. You had a good win against Vidor, but in all honesty, I don't think Lumberton will be able to come out on top against Beaumont Central. They're still the team they were at the beginning of the season and I just don't believe it's going to happen for Lumberton Friday. If you win, then more power to you, but we'll have to see.

Guest TravelingBandsman

I like centrals halftime show, with the chicken noodle soup, lmao, i used to like ozen, but ozens halftime show is as boring as daytons now

Well, I'm sorry if Dayton doesn't want to be a show band. I'd rather us stay Corps. You can have good, interesting shows with Corps. You just need some culture.

Well, I'm sorry if Dayton doesn't want to be a show band. I'd rather us stay Corps. You can have good, interesting shows with Corps. You just need some culture.

I would settle for interesting, it seems as i have been watching the same halftime show for 3 years in a row, i 'll be glad when they turn the churping cricket off

Man oh Man !!!  Tough call.  All I can say is that I wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of a very mad Central team.  If Central plays like they did against Nederland in the first half then Lumberton will walk away with it.  If Central plays as they did in the second half, then Central wins.  The second half Central is the Central we all have come to expect.  (Grades could affect both teams as well, for eligiblility)  Just a thought to throw in there.  Close game.  I think this will be a big test for both teams.  Like with LCM & PNG, whoever wants it the most will win it !!!

1st half central team.  Lumberton 28, central 24.

2nd half central team.  Central 28, lumberton 24.

(refer to the above comments for 1st and 2nd central team)

Comes down to mistakes made in this game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn