**Lumberton 8 Dayton 7 Final/Comments**

KFDM COOP

WBbear

SETXsports Moderator

Senior

Re: What will need to happen for Lumberton to beat Dayton?

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 09:13:29 PM » Quote Modify Remove Split Topic 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my son in the mid to late 90's started every game for three years along with Chip Ambres for West Brook. I ask him once why were they were so successful as a team, even as sophmores beating some senior teams that were better. He said that it was a mentality that they were the team to beat. They believed that they were just better than the other team. Lumberton, you have to believe that you are better than the other team. All championship programs have a turning point and it all start with a bunch of guys beliving that they are winners. Making a statement against Dayton can change your program for years to come.

;D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TravelingBandsman

I have to give props to Lumberton for this. They went from a season that could be described as dismal last year, to being a much better team. Hope we see you with us in the playoffs. I'm in no way giving up on Dayton the rest of this season. For Lumberton to really prove themselves to the rest of the district now, they'd need to beat both Beaumont Central and Nederland. Good luck on that.

Guest ECBucFan

Early Sat. AM, KSHN 99.9 radio's recorded report of this game said: Lumbertons winning drive was helped along by "poor officiating".  >:(

I guess they just can't deal with the fact the Raiders BEAT Dayton.  ;D

ecbucfan, thanks for the many positive threads ya have posted. tell radio, the last drive hade dayton with one penalty,defense holding ,but lumberton i

believe had 3 or 4 penalties on last drive,putting us in 20 + yds for 1 st down

several times but the players ,both sides left everything on the field. i dont think

this radio station gum choppers or refs did anything to determine the outcome

of this game.the difference was the guttsy extra point try creduer made.

as for dayton ,raiders hats off to you fine young men, very classy & sportsmen,

both team & fans, broncs will probably run the table, good luck from the

raider nation,radio 99, who cares about you,never heard of ya,probably

send signal out the old way ,string to can,maybe megsphone .lol

Guest ECBucFan

ecbucfan, thanks for the many positive threads ya have posted......

radio 99, who cares about you,never heard of ya,.lol

My pleasure to support LHS! Got family there. As for 99.9, the station itsself is real good. That recorded report was just made by some apparently bitter Dayton fan. (BTW, I don't blame Dayton at all for the radio report, I want to be clear) 

Keep winning, LHS  ;D

Where are all of the trash talkers now!! YEEEEHAAAAWWWWW!!!

I sure am glad I do not have to stay off the board for two weeks now. ;D

Great game played by both teams.

Again most of the people talking trash aren't from Dayton. When you are beat your beat, Lumberton played with heart and won a good defensive battle. Congrats.

Guest band of brothers

kshn 99.9, synonymous with cry baby…KSHN was very disrespectful to the Raiders.  Give credit where credit is do.  If is was such a bad call the Broncos still should have held the Raiders.   The Raiders can never win a game….There is always an excuse why the opposing team loses, quarterback is out, bad refereeing, there is always something.   Nederland lost their starting quarterback and I didn’t see them having a problem (congrats Nederland).    Actually, Lumberton’s score should have been 21-7 with the Raider’s dropping 2 touchdown passes.   Now, thanks to Lumberton the district is wide open.  Congrats to The Lumberton Raiders.  1 Samuel 17.….go David

kshn 99.9, synonymous with cry baby…KSHN was very disrespectful to the Raiders.  Give credit where credit is do.  If is was such a bad call the Broncos still should have held the Raiders.   The Raiders can never win a game….There is always an excuse why the opposing team loses, quarterback is out, bad refereeing, there is always something.   Nederland lost their starting quarterback and I didn’t see them having a problem (congrats Nederland).    Actually, Lumberton’s score should have been 21-7 with the Raider’s dropping 2 touchdown passes.   Now, thanks to Lumberton the district is wide open.  Congrats to The Lumberton Raiders.  1 Samuel 17.….go David

I have given Lumberton there props, but coulda, woulda, shoulda won't work for either team in this game. It was glose becuase both team made a lot of mistakes and drop a lot of balls. I said it in the "What does Lumberton need to do to beat Dayton?" thread, "They have to be the better team", and they were. Thats all there is to it.

I don't think Nederland will be afraid. I do think they will be more prepared and more serious.  Looks like you guys have a pretty decent team.  Looks to be a fun district race.  Maybe nederland central and lumberton in no particular order. I still think Nederland wil smoke the L-train.(have to stir the pot)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83