1. MMstangfan

MMstangfan

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• are you suggesting that if the football coach runs spring drills then the kids won't play fall ball without supervision?  Because if not, this argument has no relevance.  One doesn't take the place of the other.  one the AD has control of, the other he just tries to.  
    • I don't think it is overly hyped.. I am seeing less and less multi-sport kids when it can all be prevented.. A coach teaches l loyalty, work ethic, comradery, integrity, perseverance, etc.. to get kids to buy into their program. They talk about brotherhood and doing what is best for their community.... But some mean all of this  just for football... Kids see into this double standard and will quit.. either while on the field or off...  drives me crazy!!  and again... I work with these kids.. they tell me what they think.. so you can agree or disagree.. its their point of view!!
    • Hmm..... I tend to disagree. I was a multi sport athlete in High School and am now a coach. Kid is not going to be a very good hitter if he only hits in the spring and summer, I took BP and threw (to keep my arm in shape) during football and basketball season. Kid is not going to be a very good QB, WR or DB if he only throws passes, runs routes or covers receivers in the fall or during a few 7 on 7 games after baseball is over. And a kid is never going to be good shooter of the basketball if he only shoots during the basketball season. Skills are honed, not mastered, they need to be developed and practiced repeatedly.
    • and I'll concede that this is more realistic.  but a good AD can make football the primary focus without messing with the success of other sports.
    • but they're 10-3 this year.  playoffs in basically everything except boys and girls basketball, which i mean, that's understandable.  and from what I'm hearing, the different programs feel supported over there.  which is kind of the point of the athletic director.  It's not the football director.
  • Topics