BH Vs. Silsbee At Lamar

Now the smoke has cleared bi-district is in the books and we move on to Area. BH and Silsbee have played once in a scrimmage and once during the year right before district started. BH came out on top of both contest but, Silsbee came on strong in district taking the crown. Both of these teams are pretty evenly mached and the seris should go the distance to diecide who moves on. Should be a good one of course I have my boys winning in 3. Goodluck to both below is the schedule.

Game 1 Thursday Lamar Vincent Beck 7:30

Game 2 Saturday Lamar Vincent Beck 1:00

Game 3 if necessary 30 minutes after Game 2

Should be a very 'intense' series.

I think BH generally swings the bat a little better and Silsbee generally has a little better pitching depth. I would expect a Hales vs. Schooling showdown in game 1, and that game will probably set the tone for the rest of the series.

It is a very even series. BH has beaten Silsbee once earlier this year, but since then, Silsbee has knocked off Jasper twice (while BH lost twice to district foe Huffman).

Now for the cliques: whoever plays the best wins this series. In other words, it is too close for 1 team to play bad and still hope to win. Can somebody say defense? Can somebody say fundamentals?

In other words, my prediction is: I don't have a clue....but its gonna be fun finding out. Hope it goes 3...and hope game 3 goes into extra innings. That would be a suitable finish.

Guest Jody

This should be a good game and if BH plays with "fundamentals" they will win. Erros can kill a team, especially if their unforced and in the playoffs. BH made some against HF in game two, but also played error free against Huffman. The two close games against Huffman were a result of better pitching. Huffman had a few errors in the 2nd BH game and BH did not, however pitching shut down the BH bats.

As for Jasper being beat by Silsbee, SO WHAT. I here people speaking of Jasper and other teams "East of the Trinity" as monumental power-houses, every year, in every sport. In terms those north and east of Beaumont can understand, HOG WASH! Drag your tail end out of the pinywoods and row that pirogue accross the river to see real sports.

Since I am always looking out for my east teaxs friends, if you don't have a boat here is a solution: :D:D

http://www.unclejohns.com/boat/default.htm

Jasper put a thumping on BH not too terribly long ago in the baseball playoffs I do believe before bowing out in a close series against Homer Bailey and crew at LaGrange. (After looking at the UIL archives I see it was Columbus Jasper beat--LaGrange did in BH before they did the same to everyone else.

And then the next year Lorena did it to BH and Jasper as well. Both years BH and Jasper held their own against those two.

Jasper put a thumping on BH not too terribly long ago in the baseball playoffs I do believe before bowing out in a close series against Homer Bailey and crew at LaGrange.

What year was that ? I remember BH playing LaGrange in the Playoffs when they had Homer Bailey. I don't remember BH playing Jasper???

What year was that ? I remember BH playing LaGrange in the Playoffs when they had Homer Bailey. I don't remember BH playing Jasper???

Yeah that's right. Jasper and BH got put out by the same two teams two years in a row and never got to play. Jasper and BH have been pretty equal last few years in baseball from what I have seen. For some reason I thought Jasper had played BH the round before La Grange but actually played La Grange two rounds after they had put BH out. It was Columbus the round before I believe.

This should be a good game and if BH plays with "fundamentals" they will win. Erros can kill a team' date=' especially if their unforced and in the playoffs. BH made some against HF in game two, but also played error free against Huffman. The two close games against Huffman were a result of better pitching. Huffman had a few errors in the 2nd BH game and BH did not, however pitching shut down the BH bats.

As for Jasper being beat by Silsbee, SO WHAT. I here people speaking of Jasper and other teams "East of the Trinity" as monumental power-houses, every year, in every sport. In terms those north and east of Beaumont can understand, HOG WASH! Drag your tail end out of the pinywoods and row that pirogue accross the river to see real sports.

Since I am always looking out for my east teaxs friends, if you don't have a boat here is a solution: :D:D

[url']http://www.unclejohns.com/boat/default.htm

Yeah everyone knows BH wins state in every event every year...at least on paper.

BH how is LCM's home away from home.........

Much rain last night' date=' are we OK??/[/quote']

I live right across from the stadium and we didn't get much more than a sprinkle. THe ground is dry and ready to play ball. Goodluck to the Bears!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder